Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

****TODAYS FLORIDA PRIMARY THREAD*****

A bit over an hour and we'll start getting results

Do the polls close at 7:00 or 8:00 ?

Banned
    7 Dianne , I would assume pre closing debate will start on
    Fox in about 10 minutes

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HORSERACE

First (?) Wave of Florida Exits, Revealed

The first wave of exit poll numbers, including absentees: McCain 34.3 percent, Romney 32.6 percent, Giuliani 15.3 percent, Huckabee 12 percent.

UPDATE: Interestingly a second source — yes, guardians of the exit poll data, I have not one but two spies within your ranks! — tells me these are the "second wave" numbers.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Reader Adam notes, "I also noticed the political trading markets pop a bit toward Romney right after 5 o'clock. Romney had been trading in the high 30s and now he's mid-40s."

He also noted some items from the AP writeup of the non-candidate questions:

Given four choices, nearly half of Florida Republican primary voters said the economy is the most important issue facing the country. Terrorism, Iraq and immigration each were picked by fewer than two in 10. The economy also was the top issue out of three choices for voters in the Democratic primary, which none of the candidates contested because of questions over whether Florida's Democratic delegates will be seated. The economy has been seen as increasingly important since the start of the 2008 presidential nomination season.

Eight in 10 Republican primary voters were white and a little more than one in 10 were Hispanic — about half of whom were of Cuban heritage. There were few blacks on the GOP side. In the Democratic primary, two-thirds were white, about one in five were black and a little more than one in 10 were Hispanic.

01/29 05:26 PM

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.com/ ... I4NzU5YTg=
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So the exit polls are favoring McCain so far? If he wins today...

I hope we know who the winner is by tonight. Polling #s show that we might have to wait until tomorrow to know for sure -- its that close. And we know how that goes in Florida......

I saw on MSNBC they were going off about how McCain has it won if he wins today in Florida. I think the same can be siad for Romney, but they were only saying it about McCain.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    I've heard exit polls that were just opposite of that

Nobody has the juice yet I'm afraid

From what I read earlier that independents were allowed to steal the vote in Florida; I think McCain will definitely have the advantage.

Florida is not known to have the most honest voting system, so I guess before the night is over we will know who the Florida politicians wanted in the primary; not the people.

Banned
    Even a Romney lose is not a disaster

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primar ... orecard/#R

Banned
    Word is that ALL the polls will be closed in 2 hours

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast