Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    At this point its not looking good

Hello president hillary
    Im Not even close to saying that yet
    I dont think the dems can take it but if they do I wont every say we didnt deserve it after the taste Bush has left in Americans mouths

Banned
    Keep in mind that nothing , not one word about
    Juan Hernandez or his amnesty supporters ever hit the
    msm news

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Said the big hispanic vote is going all to McCain
    Thats because in Florida they are mostly Cubans who hate Communism, so they admire McCain's military service even though he was a pudknocker pilot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Even Dobbs didn't get the Hernandez info out

From Jim Geraghty (National Review):

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HORSERACE

Another Detail From the Exits, and Some Background

Interesting. I'm now hearing that absentees made up one third of the total vote (this is from the source who believed the numbers were the first wave) and the absentees preferred Romney, 34 percent to 28 percent. Giuliani is described as "far behind."

A couple readers want a little more background on the exit polls. Here's a bit regarding the issue questions reported earlier:

From partial samples of 970 Republican primary voters and 989 Democratic primary voters conducted by Edison Media Research and Mitofsky International in 40 precincts across Florida on Tuesday. The samples include 235 Republican voters and 294 Democratic voters who voted early or absentee and were surveyed in the past week by telephone. Margin of sampling error plus or minus 4 percentage points for each primary.

A couple readers ask if the exit polls are worth anything with the early voting. The early voting amounted to about 1 million in a state with 10 million registered voters. So there's still a large percentage of the vote going to the polls today. The question is whether the people who vote early are somehow different from the people who vote on Primary Day.

On some levels, the differences will be obvious; Fred Thompson will get probably something more than one percent in the early voting, and will probably get less than one percent of the votes cast today.

But would, say, early voters disproportionately prefer Giuliani because he had been campaigning more in the state when everyone else was in South Carolina? Or are early voters older, and more likely to support an older candidate like McCain? We won't know this for sure until we have the full results.

The polls come out in waves, and there's usually three (although there can be more) — the morning, the afternoon, and the evening.

Also note that they've had problems with these in the past, most famously the early waves coming out in 2004 that showed great news for John Kerry. If I recall correctly, the exit poll organizers had college students asking the questions, and they gravitated to Kerry voters coming out of the polls (and, presumably, the Bush voters disproportionately told them to buzz off). The networks quickly figured out that the numbers couldn't be right - I heard that the first numbers indicated Kerry had won South Carolina. I do recall that the leaked early numbers had Kerry winning Pennsylvania by 20 percent...

01/29 06:06 PM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard actual results starting to come in.

Banned
    McCain 29
    Romney 28
    Rudi 18

Banned
    Its close with 1% in

Banned
    I'm seeing Ron Paul as the spoiler in this one

Check out this site:

http://enight.dos.state.fl.us/

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast