Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

**Burr a NO unless things drastically change**

Took me all day but I finally got through to Burr's office.

Was told he will be voting NO on cloture unless the bill is drastically changed (for the better) through amendments.

Given that the amendments thus far have all gone down in flames, it sounds like he will probably be a NO.

Good work Kate. I haven't gotten through today.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Somebody confirm this?
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I trust Kate's report. I'll try to call too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll call as well
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Re: **Burr a NO unless things drastically change**

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    Took me all day but I finally got through to Burr's office.

Was told he will be voting NO on cloture unless the bill is drastically changed (for the better) through amendments.

Given that the amendments thus far have all gone down in flames, it sounds like he will probably be a NO.
    Beautiful...Burr is finally seeing the light.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    I'll call as well
    Please call Webb's ofice as well, also Bond's. They were both Yes on cloture yesterday and both of their amendments were tabled today. I spoke to staffers in both offices and though they wouldn't state it, it is a good chance they will both vote No on 2nd cloture. Webb's staffer in his Richmond ofice told me Webb would not support the bill if his amendment wasn't in it. Bond's staffer in DC didn't go that far but I suspect that may be the same situation with him.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    I'll call as well
    Please call Webb's ofice as well, also Bond's. They were both Yes on cloture yesterday and both of their amendments were tabled today. I spoke to staffers in both offices and though they wouldn't state it, it is a good chance they will both vote No on 2nd cloture. Webb's staffer in his Richmond ofice told me Webb would not support the bill if his amendment wasn't in it. Bond's staffer in DC didn't go that far but I suspect that may be the same situation with him.
    Im on it

Burr's line busy as hell

Thanks Kate! I havent been able to get through today.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I've been trying to reach someone at Webb's DC office, but keep getting a busy signal when I press option to speak with someone. I'll keep trying. Will call his other office. Bond: busy, busy! Will keep trying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast