Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

[b]Financial aid for illegal alien college students[/b]

Here's something I just received that shows the efforts by universities to provide financial aid to illegal alien students. Our schools and universities are suffering with inadequate finances to educate our citizens, yet there are many who work to give that money to students not here legally. Amazing!

DJ

Subject: Information for Empowerment: Educating, Guiding, andRetaining Undocumented College-Goers
    Information for Empowerment: Educating, Guiding, and Retaining Undocumented College-Goers
    16 May 2007 Online

Based on three years of research involving undocumented students, this session will offer up-to-date information about policies and practices to provide undocumented immigrant students with greater access to higher
    education. The session will include information about state and federal policies that shape college access for undocumented students and
    offer best practices for helping undocumented students persist through the college admissions, college attendance, and financial aid
    acquisition processes. The session will also offer insight into how to help undocumented students raise funds for college and how to help
    them develop a network of students who can provide support as they move through college and on to graduate school or the work world.
    Additional information will be provided about how to help your students determine whether or not they are eligible to apply for legal permanent residency.

SPEAKER
    Dr. Paz M. Olivérez is a Program Analyst for the Educational Policy Unit of the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education where
    she is involved in several research projects related to educational equity and closing the achievement gap for urban Latino and African
    American students. Prior to working with the LAUSD, Dr. Olivérez spent six years as a research assistant at the University of Southern
    California investigating issues of college access, persistence, and financial aid for low-income first-generation college-goers. Through this work she developed first-hand expertise regarding the challenges encountered by college-ready undocumented students as they endeavor to pursue higher education. Her dissertation titled Ready But Restricted: An Examination of
    the Challenges of College Access and Financial Aid for Undocumented Students in the U.S. offers valuable insight into the challenges encountered by ten college-ready undocumented high school seniors as they endeavored to make the transition from high school to college.

Enquiries: pam@ieinfo.org
    Web address: http://www.innovativeeducators.org
    Sponsored by: Innovative Educators
    [/b]
    DJ

janrichards
    Welcome to posting I see you have been around ALIPAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My daughter qualified but was refused because quote "you aren't the right color". This really angers me when we have citizens who need that help and can't get it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Right--I think that aid should be given also depending on socio-economic status... but I don't think this is influenced by immigration alone

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    My daughter qualified but was refused because quote "you aren't the right color". This really angers me when we have citizens who need that help and can't get it.
    Try screaming racism! racism! racists!

See what that does.

There are a lot of things that are wrong under the current system aside from illegal immigration and enforcing the laws... it's going to be a rough ride trying to fix it all.

student aid conversation

Yes, it is going to be a rough ride. I'm really not a racist at all, but I see the number of our citizens who genuinely need the financial help so that their children can go o college and who find those doors closing. I want to see the help going to worthy students in this country who want an education. We have half of our black high school students dropping out of school. Many wind up in prison. I want to spend our tax money to improve the lives and opportunities of the at-risk students we've already got.
    DJ

But Bush says illegals will only do the work that us lazy Americans refuse to do. Does that mean that these illegals are going to be college educated tomato pickers and toilet scrubbers? NO!! They will compete against us and our children for those jobs that Americans WILL DO!! Another myth of the lying Bush and his spokesholes busted.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

I see this weekly at the grocery store. A woman with 5 or 6 kids, none who speak english, and yet she has enough groceries to fill 1 and 1/2 grocery carts. They have to have a different cashier ring up her bill, and then out come the vouchers. I stand in line with 10 for 10 frozen dinners, unless I want to figure out what 2 to 3 days of the week I don't eat. So that my grocery bill stays at around 40 dollars. Where's the justice?

I see this weekly at the grocery store. A woman with 5 or 6 kids, none who speak english, and yet she has enough groceries to fill 1 and 1/2 grocery carts. They have to have a different cashier ring up her bill, and then out come the vouchers. I stand in line with 10 for 10 frozen dinners, unless I want to figure out what 2 to 3 days of the week I don't eat. So that my grocery bill stays at around 40 dollars. Where's the justice?
    Been there. My husband worked at this store and they would fill 2-3 carts......never once looking at the price of anything. He put meat and vegetables out and there were days they would literally attack him and just swoop it away by the armloads not even looking to see what it was. Then pull the old welfare card out to pay. Then off to all the churches and food pantries to load up on what they would give them. Here we were counting slices of bologna and trying to figure out how to stretch it with the kids. Then they'd come to the store I worked at and pull out a wad of 100 dollar bills to pay for stuff and drive away in a brand new 45,000 truck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast