Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1/18/06 UPDATE!!!...OFF ASS/HELPING AMERICANS GET JOBS...

MY 1/18/06 UPDATE IS AT THE END OF THE THREAD.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS PROJECT....YOU MIGHT WANT TO REVIEW THE ENTIRE THREAD AND LEARN HOW YOU MIGHT START A SIMILAR PROJECT IN YOUR COMMUNITY.

------------------------------------------------
    HERE'S HOW I'M GETTING OFF MY ASS AND AT LEAST ATTEMPTING TO HELP AMERICANS (ESPECIALLY POOR AMERICANS) GET JOBS THAT WOULD OTHERWISE GO TO ILLEGALS....

IN OHIO, IF A COMPANY WANTS TO HIRE NON-US CITIZENS, THE STATE RUNS ADS IN THE NEWSPAPER. THE PROBLEM IS THAT FEW PEOPLE SEE THESE ADS....AND JUST LAST WEEK THERE WERE SEVERAL HUNDRED POSITIONS HIDDEN IN THE NEWSPAPER.

SO I'VE DECIDED TO HELP POOR U.S. CITIZENS GET A CHANCE AT THESE JOBS BY MAKING IT EASY FOR THEM TO APPLY.

SO WHAT I'VE DONE IS PRINTED OUT A FORM LETTER, "LETTER OF INTEREST," IN WHICH U.S. CITIZENS CAN FILL OUT THE BLANKS WITH THEIR CONTACT INFO. AND PROVIDE THE ADDRESS WHERE THEY NEED TO BE MAILED TO THE STATE OF OHIO.

THE JOBS ARE FOR NEARLY A YEARS EMPLOYMENT AND WOULD LIKELY GO TO ILLEGALS WITH PHONY SS# IF U.S. CITIZENS DON'T APPLY.

THIS IS AN INEXPENSIVE THING TO DO. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.....
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Good for you!

Let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!! Americans for America!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

GREAT IDEA, Steve. And, a wonderful service to your state and country.
    Keep us up to date on how it works out.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Great Idea Steve. Are you going to set up a web site, if so, PM me.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

That's a great idea, too, jp. You are so good at that. Isn't it amazing how innovative Americans really are?? One person starts a good suggestion and others just begin to build on that one. One person CAN make a difference.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

PROJECT UPDATE

"PROJECT" WENT WELL....WILL DO PART II ON MONDAY. MORE DETAILS TUESDAY.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

GET OFF MY ASS.... UPDATE!

Dear ALIPACers,

Hello....If you recall I had an idea to publicize the HUNDREDS of local landscaping jobs that have been going to foreign workers...and not AMERICANS.

To make it easier for these poor Americans to apply for these jobs I created a form letter that met the application requirements. Then I went looking for poor people.

WOW! I have been swarmed by poor AMERICANS who want these landscaping jobs that are now done by FOREIGN workers!

My experience demonstrates that these are NOT JOBS AMERICANS WON'T DO!

I was frankly surprised how excited these poor AMERICANS were to have a change to work in 2006...even at a pay rate at $7.50 per hour!

I'm not kidding....I couldn't hand out the application form letters I wrote fast enough.

I can't tell you how good I feel knowing I may have helped AMERICANS get these jobs! I just wish I would have printed out more forms to hand out. Everyone said "thank you...thank you" to me. I'll head to the copy store and hand out more form letters next week.

FRIENDS....one more thing....what I saw in some of these peoples eyes was desperation....when I ran out of forms.... I thought one or two people where going to start to fight over them.....

WE NEED TO KEEP THIS MOVEMENT GOING SO A DAY CAN COME WHEN AMERICANS WHO WANT TO WORK WON'T BE SO DESPERATE BECAUSE ILLEGAL FOREIGN WORKERS HAVE DISPLACED THEM IN THE AMERICAN WORKFORCE!

NOT ALL POOR PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE OFF THE STATE...THEY ARE WILLING TO WORK...THEY JUST NEED A LITTLE HELP. ALL IT COST ME WAS A COUPLE OF BUCKS AND A LITTLE BIT OF TIME. I DO HAVE TO WONDER WHY THE STATE ISN'T DOING THIS?

Anyway...thanks for your nice comments and for W for having a place for me to write this.

I may put a "program packet" together so if anyone else wants to try this in their city...they won't have to reinvent the wheel.

Regards, Steve in Ohio
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

WONDERFUL JOB, STEVE. One question--WHERE do you FIND the people to give the forms to??? You can be RIGHTFULLY PROUD OF YOURSELF. What a fantastic idea and I want you to keep us posted as to whether the people actually show up and do the jobs, etc. if possible.

To answer your question Bootsie.....

I just went to where poor people can be found....like a plasma center (they sell their blood for extra cash). Other options are churches in poor areas, social services offices, shelters, etc.

It may be difficult to figure out how many actually get jobs. So they don't have to worry about their privacy I haven't taken names and addresses of the people. The jobs are also for 2006...the jobs are for next years landscaping season.

What I may do is give them a business card and ask them to call me if/when they are hired. Since they are competing against foreign workers, the state should insist that the Ohio companies hire them (as US citizens) unless they have a very good reason not too.

I am curious what the Ohio Bureau of Jobs and Family Services is going to think when my form letters start coming into their offices. They probably aren't expecting any response to their legal notices. My guess is that the usual process is that few people respond to this and the companies usually just hire foreign workers.

Regards, Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

That would be a good idea about the business cards. I think those people will be so grateful for your help that they will WANT to call you and follow up if only to thank you for your help.

I will also be interested in hearing if you get any response from the Ohio Bureau of Jobs!!!

Great work, Steve. YOU are making a difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast