Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1/20/06 UPDATE!!! "OHIO JOBS & JUSTICE" WEBSIT

1/20/06 UPDATE: GREETINGS....MANY CHANGES TO MY WEBSITE IN THE PAST 8 HOURS. COME STOP IN AND READ THE EDITORIAL IF YOU HAVN'T YET AND ENJOY SEEING PHOTOS OF PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT AMERICA'S WORKERS AND MY HOMETOWN (WHICH I'VE WORKED INTO THE GRAPHICS.) Steve
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY "OHIO JOBS & JUSTICE" WEBSITE OJJPAC.ORG WENT ONLINE TODAY!

OJJPAC.ORG...is a very simple one-page static site right now, no graphics and little content. However, I plan to add content and graphics in the next few weeks. (It's been a long time since I took classes in HTML so I'm dealing with a learning curve.)

Anyway, I hoping to utilize the site for some innovative immigration/security educational/advocacy projects in the near future. One project will be the continuation and expansion of my Jobs For Poor Ohioans Program, in which I plan to post jobs on my site.

Please feel free to take a quick look (not much to see/read now) and feel free to report any typos or other errors you see.

I will have a link page so anyone with a site that would like to be listed, please send me an e-mail authorizing such a link up.

And thank you to W for giving me the inspiration to finally do what I've been talking about for nine months.

PS: If anyone knows of a good source for free and LEGAL graphics(permission to use for a website, not just "personal use") for my site, that wold be helpful. Thanks!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

thank god for you Steve and your great work

Steve,

Check out:

http://geckocountry.com/milgraphics.htm

This guy has some military/patriotic free graphics that you could probably use. He asks that you give him credit by posting a link to his web site. He also has a few links to other graphics sites.

bumped

Reply to Thelma and John!

Thelma and John!

Thanks for your comments!...And John I will check the site you suggested. I'm interested in seeing what graphics are available.

Steve

PS: Thelma, what does "bumped" mean?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

PS: Thelma, what does "bumped" mean?
    When you make a new post it moves that thread to the top of the list.

John,

Thanks! Doc gave me permission to use his graphics. Although not a total solution to my graphics need, I will likely use one or two of his great graphics. If you have any other suggestions...please let me know!

Right now I'm formatting content to add for the site. I hope to add some graphics later this week.

Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Does not. I was practising my ballroom dancing

Great work, Steve. I proofed what you had on there so far and only find two things that I would correct.

The first would be Drivers' Licenses (apostrophe after the "s")

The second was on down about the BMV. Did you mean DMV?? It might be different in Ohio but in North Carolina, it's DMV.

That's it!! VERY NICE WORK!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Bootsie,

Thanks for the editing! I can edit others work much better than my own.
    I'm writing this in notepad or in FTP and they don't seem to come with a spellcheck function.

Yes -- in Ohio its the BMV, but perhaps I'll addd DMV to be "inclusive."

My site is changing by the hour/day (at least for now) so feel free to point out my mistakes so I can correct them ASAP.

I'll go make my fixes now!

Steve

PS: Thelma...save me a dance
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast