Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1-25-06 UPDATE!! I SPOKE TO 2 DEM GROUPS TODAY!

MY 1-25-06 UPDATE is at the END of this thread. So you can start here or you can start further down the thread. MORE GOOD NEWS TO READ!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bedford, OH (OLD NEWS--EARLY JANUARY)

GOOD NEWS! Two hours ago I spoke to a group of about 25 Democratic party officials at the Ward and Precinct level.

As I asked for their support of H.R. 4437 many people in the audience were shaking their heads in approval as I described what the bill will do.

I also designed a handout with a brief description of 4437 and the names and phone numbers of our 2 US Senators--with a request that they call the Senators and ask them to support 4437, and NOT gut the bill (add guestworker/amnesty provision). A good sign was that the handouts were not left on the chairs when people left--they took it with them.

My presentation also put a number of current public officials and candidates running for election (also in the audience) on notice that Illegal Immigration is an issue these Democrats are concerned about.

I also started a dialog with a staffer of a state rep (who I noticed had taken notes during my "speech" regarding HR4437) letting him know I'd like to talk to the state rep about introducing enforcement legislation into the legislature here.

I plan to talk to about 30 Democratic and Republican groups this month and I expect a similar response. These grassroots Dems and Repubs are common sense people who just need to be educated on the Issue.

They also need a little help to learn to ask candidates questions....Like "What is your solution to illegal immigration" or "What is your position on illegal immigration."

The parties should be at least one significant front in the battle. This is my effort to "walk my talk" since this is a strategy I've encouraged others here to pursue.

If you want to duplicate my handout and use in your own community, with your state specific info., here it is below. Please note that the bill's analysis is from FAIR. Since I pasted the handout text in here, the font size and format has changed...and will need reformating. The original format fit on one side of a normal sized piece of paper and looked good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE CALL & TELL OHIO’S
    SENATORS TO SUPPORT H.R. 4437

What H.R. 4437 does:

· Authorizes sections of fencing (totaling 698 miles) along the southwest border
    · Creates a new electronic employment verification system modeled on the Basic Pilot Program
    · Repeals the “visa lottery�
    · Reaffirms state and local law enforcement’s inherent authority to assist in the enforcement of immigration laws
    · Adds new penalties for certain immigration-related crimes, including alien smuggling and passport fraud
    ·
    Missing Elements for Comprehensive Immigration Reform -- the Solution to the Crisis:

· Authorize additional border patrol or investigative personnel to improve the enforcement of our immigration laws
    · Require an employer to terminate the employment of an illegal alien if the verification system informs the employer that the alien is not authorized to work in the U.S.
    · Eliminate birthright citizenship
    · Substantially increase detention space in order to end the federal government’s “catch and release� policy. While the does mandate the use of “all possible options to cost effectively increase available detention capacities. . . ,� it does not require a certain number of additional beds nor provide money for increased detention capacity.
    · Eliminate the business deduction taken by employers for wages and benefits paid to illegal aliens

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    TOLL FREE NUMBERS: 877-762-8762 OR 800-355-3588

Mike DeWine (OH)
    DC: 202/224-2315;
    Cleveland: 216/522-7272

George Voinovich (OH)
    DC: 202/224-3353;
    Cleveland: 216/522-7095

THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING AMERICA
    AND AMERICA’S WORKERS!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Great work Steve!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is good news.

GOOD GOING, STEVE!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Hello! I spoke to another group of fine Democrats today (1/19) about immigration.

90% of the comments were favorable.

The candidates for public office (doing the traditional rubber chicken circuit) didn't say a word when it came to the topic of illegal immigration(LOL). That was OK since they did hear what 90% voters had to say.

I'll be talking with the other 10% percent to hopefully turn them around!

I posted my web http://www.ojjpac.org site on the board (suggested they visit my linked sites, such as ALIPAC) and passed flyers to help educate people on the broad issues of immigration and national security.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these very intelligent Democrats end up here....reading this! If they do, please welcome them as I will here....

HELLO MY DEAR FRIENDS FROM MIDDLEBURG HTS., OHIO!!!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Thanks Steve and thank you so much for all your efforts!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Whew! this is great! the Dems I've been around on lately call me some pretty choice names for wanting to put a stop to illegal immigration. But I do believe that dems and reps alike have a middle common ground that could force a change. I'd vote for a dem if they would close the border AND move to deport the current cast of lawbreakers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ME TOO ALSO!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

MORE DEMS ON BOARD FOR IMMIGRATION ENFORCEMENT!

I Spoke to two more Democratic Clubs today about illegal immigration/border security.

I'm happy to report that the general memberships seemed to be in strong support of enforcement.

After the meeting several people came up to me to thank me for coming -- and said I was talking "common sense."

The only people squirming around in the room were a couple of special interest group representatives. I guess a congressional aide wasn't too happy with what I was saying either since his only question was "Who funds your organization?!" in a very unfriendly way. I told him I pay all the bills, which shut him up quick.

This frank talk makes the leaders nervous but the average Dems hungry for more.

All we need is more people going to these meeting and talking for 5 minutes and handing out flyers. A few people can't cover the nation, and that's exactly what needs to be done. SO PARTICIPATE, GET OUT THERE! EVERYONE! YOU CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Steve, you are absolutely right. I saw the power of that for the opposite side when Tom Tancredo was in NM with a pack of jackals following him around hogging all the press coverage with their "poor me" banners.

I'm keeping my eyes open for meetings in my area that take place when I'm not at work. I took the afternoon off to go see Tom Tancredo but I can't do that for everyone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast