Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Junius,

Glad to hear you're getting out there.

The good news is that these meetings are in the evening. So unless you work 2nd shift, you can fit at least some into your schedule.

How to find out about Ward Club Meetings in Your Area

Depending on the size of your city's population, you may be able to find schedules of all Ward meeting on your County Dem and Rep Party websites. That's what I can do here. I just call ahead to make sure meeting haven't been cancelled.

If info isn't available on a web site, call the County Parties up and ask them where can you get a list of Ward club meeting.

Get time, date, location (address), and a contact name and number so you can confirm a meeting will be held at that time and place.

Other opportunities are other groups, senior citizens, rotary, etc.

Good Luck!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Re: 1-25-06 UPDATE!! I SPOKE TO 2 DEM GROUPS TODAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    MY 1-25-06 UPDATE is at the END of this thread. So you can start here or you can start further down the thread. MORE GOOD NEWS TO READ!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bedford, OH (OLD NEWS--EARLY JANUARY)

GOOD NEWS! Two hours ago I spoke to a group of about 25 Democratic party officials at the Ward and Precinct level.

As I asked for their support of H.R. 4437 many people in the audience were shaking their heads in approval as I described what the bill will do.

I also designed a handout with a brief description of 4437 and the names and phone numbers of our 2 US Senators--with a request that they call the Senators and ask them to support 4437, and NOT gut the bill (add guestworker/amnesty provision). A good sign was that the handouts were not left on the chairs when people left--they took it with them.

My presentation also put a number of current public officials and candidates running for election (also in the audience) on notice that Illegal Immigration is an issue these Democrats are concerned about.

I also started a dialog with a staffer of a state rep (who I noticed had taken notes during my "speech" regarding HR4437) letting him know I'd like to talk to the state rep about introducing enforcement legislation into the legislature here.

I plan to talk to about 30 Democratic and Republican groups this month and I expect a similar response. These grassroots Dems and Repubs are common sense people who just need to be educated on the Issue.

They also need a little help to learn to ask candidates questions....Like "What is your solution to illegal immigration" or "What is your position on illegal immigration."

The parties should be at least one significant front in the battle. This is my effort to "walk my talk" since this is a strategy I've encouraged others here to pursue.

If you want to duplicate my handout and use in your own community, with your state specific info., here it is below. Please note that the bill's analysis is from FAIR. Since I pasted the handout text in here, the font size and format has changed...and will need reformating. The original format fit on one side of a normal sized piece of paper and looked good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE CALL & TELL OHIO’S
    SENATORS TO SUPPORT H.R. 4437

What H.R. 4437 does:

· Authorizes sections of fencing (totaling 698 miles) along the southwest border
    · Creates a new electronic employment verification system modeled on the Basic Pilot Program
    · Repeals the “visa lottery�
    · Reaffirms state and local law enforcement’s inherent authority to assist in the enforcement of immigration laws
    · Adds new penalties for certain immigration-related crimes, including alien smuggling and passport fraud
    ·
    Missing Elements for Comprehensive Immigration Reform -- the Solution to the Crisis:

· Authorize additional border patrol or investigative personnel to improve the enforcement of our immigration laws
    · Require an employer to terminate the employment of an illegal alien if the verification system informs the employer that the alien is not authorized to work in the U.S.
    · Eliminate birthright citizenship
    · Substantially increase detention space in order to end the federal government’s “catch and release� policy. While the does mandate the use of “all possible options to cost effectively increase available detention capacities. . . ,� it does not require a certain number of additional beds nor provide money for increased detention capacity.
    · Eliminate the business deduction taken by employers for wages and benefits paid to illegal aliens

US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
    TOLL FREE NUMBERS: 877-762-8762 OR 800-355-3588

Mike DeWine (OH)
    DC: 202/224-2315;
    Cleveland: 216/522-7272

George Voinovich (OH)
    DC: 202/224-3353;
    Cleveland: 216/522-7095

THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING AMERICA
    AND AMERICA’S WORKERS!

----------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS ALOT, STEVE

Very useful material and information.

Not to sound stupid, but I probably do, how did you find out where and when this group was going to meet? How can I find out about such groups and their meetings?

Thanks, again.

Dear Steve:

I just called both numbers for Dewine and Voinivich. They took my information and did listen.

I do have to say, that some improvement has happened at the Senator's office, since I have spoken to their staff last.

Before, when I would speak to their interns, they were smug and openly told me how both Senators supported amnesty and a guestworker program for illegals already here.

This time, they were more courteous and said that neither Senator had made any decisions on where they stood on immigration. Of course, if you look at their past history of how they vote on immigration bills, they are probably still for a guestworker/amnesty program. But, atleast they are not rude and smug.

I told them how Americans want them to pass H.R. 4437 through the Senate complete and unadulterated. Infact, I told them, I would like to see the end of "automatic birthright citizenship" and even more stricter immigration rules added.

Great work, Steve, and thanks for the info and keeping us updated.

I saw your earlier emails about the call in and called my two NC senators today, Burr and Dole. I don't have high hopes for them but I'll keep bugging them. I've already contacted them numerous times over the past few months about illegal immigration issues and about the CAFTA vote last summer.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Steve...I'm so PROUD of you...you're a four star patriot.
    Keep up the good work.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Steve, Great going friend!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the encouragement!

More speaking events planned. I will hopefully locate a Republican meeting to attend soon. There just happens to be more Dem meeting scheduled around here.

Will update again after the next meeting!

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Great Going Steve. Keep doing what you are doing! Change can only happen if we are active in doing something to promote it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12