Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

i kin tell- I likes sesame street my sellulf

Press Three for More Coffee

My SELLULF?? FUNNY, HA! HA!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

SORRY about that - it was the low blood sugar honest-
    after I went out for a walk in the cold air and came back I realized my faux paws

"I think the 11 million estimate is too low." - Brian

Isn't it amazing how bad things are always underestimated in order to make it seem less intense?
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Well, Rebecca. I will let you slip by on that faux PAW because low blood sugar can just do strange things to one's brain!!! I wish I had SEEN IT!!! You are a TRIP!

I think that estimate is way low too just like the one I heard on O'Reilly AND on the news last week that 800,000 illegals cross the southern border every year instead of the 3 million that we have always thought.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

thank you Bootsie- you know some days it just doesnt pay to get out of bed!

I'm BACK. Something was going on with linking to ALIPAC through my email link but it seems to be working now!! WHEW!

WHAT are we doing up at this hour anyway, Rebecca???

From what I have seen, there are a lot more than 11 million people in this country who are functionally illiterate. And I think it has a great deal to do with the fact that the kids can't learn a darn thing in the public schools anymore with all the disruption that takes place. Gang members, classes taught in two languages, and overcrowded schools are a by-product of illegal immigration. But American kids get hurt the worst by it in the long run. The illegals probably came from places where they couldn't go to school anyway so any education for them is better than none. Our kids have been required to attend school for how long now? They are the ones who can't learn and whose toes are stepped on.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Thelma, it is cold here, suprised you were out willingly. I do not know which article we're talking about, but will try to find it, or someone can message me a link. As for illiterate groups settling here, mine were Acadians, first of my family was in 1634 in what is now Nova Scotia, ma fathers side about early 1700's, English/Scottish and then some "indigenous". My Acadian ancestor was a carpentar and was literate, his wife may have been nominally literate. As for the indigenous, they quickly assimilated into Acadian families and thus became modestly educated that way.
    But if we look at todays educational system, at least here in Oregon, it stinks. My daughter was out of kindergarten and did not even know letters. So as I homeschooled the last two years, she not only reads and writes, but does math at more of third grade level. My son was being so left behind it was maddening. The teacher he had in 5th grade was trying to say he needed to be tested as she thought he was a "special needs" student (meaning she wanted to get a pat on the back for trying to label him mentally handicapped). Of course I said no, as not only is he fully intelligent, for example, last summer he used bottle refund money to buy bottled water, and an ice chest with ice and sell to a road crew that would be working here all summer. As he continued to profit, he'd figure his next days cost, buy his products, and ice, then set out about 8am, each time he added new stuff and by summers end, he was loved dearly by this crew, but had earned about $300.00, which was in the bank, his own record keeping there! This same kid fully understands the fine points of illegal immigration politics, but has heavy opinions on it as well. He was fully interested in the last election, he did not want to go to bed, wanted to stay up and watch the news. Yes folks this is our public school system, trying to label kids like him "mentally handicapped".
    So when we focus on illegal immigration and its problems, this is one of them. Our schools have gone downhill while trying to focus on those "anchor children" and their illegal siblings, while American kids are being pushed aside and ignored.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a young ENTREPRENEUR, AmericanElizabeth. THAT is AMAZING. You tell that young man he is GOING PLACES!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12