Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 YEARS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

11 YEARS

11 YEARS That's how long I had to wait to get a resident visa to reside the States legally , then 5 more to become a US Citizen!! that's a total of 16 years that I waited all together to finally be a proud Citizen of this Great Nation, many , many days waiting on line at INS (in freezing temperatures at 4 AM) , putting with abuse and aggravation dealing with low pay, low education clerks at the INS offices and their subcontractors, plus the thousands of dollars spent on fees, applications, fingerprinting , etc, while working and paying taxes.
    And i have a brother that served in the US Army, 5 Uncles that served in the Marines, in Vietnam and Korea.

So there you go, that's what it took me to get here, now 12 million are demanding instant legalization !!!

they got to pay their dues.

God Bless America, let's not let it go down!!!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

Welcome redwhiteandbluelatino. Yes it is a mockery of our citizenship to give it away to many people who do not want it, or value it, or are willing to do anything the right way to get it. I've read alot of things, seen alot of interviews and all they ever say is ,they want a job. Their patriotism is with Mexico because they fly that flag. They have to be coaxed and instructed to fly the American flag and to say "citizenship". I've looked in the face of many people who WANT to be an American citizen and it's totally different than the faces I've seen in these rallys. All legal immigrants I've met have never expected or even knew of any government freebies. It's just hard to explain the look they have of being so grateful and honored to be here. Their attitude is what can I do to contribute. They make me proud to be an American. It's an intangable quality you see that words don't discribe. And maybe there are a few illegals that feel that way....but they would be rare and I haven't seen one.
    It would be the worst thing in the world for this country to give the honor of citizenship away like this. Nothing worth having is free or easy as you have experienced. To give it away like they want to do tells me it's not something of value anymore to them. It still is to me and to those like you who went about gaining citizenship the legal way. Thank you for doing that and great to have you aboard.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    11 YEARS That's how long I had to wait to get a resident visa to reside the States legally , then 5 more to become a US Citizen!! that's a total of 16 years that I waited all together to finally be a proud Citizen of this Great Nation
    Welcome American Sister!!!

You honor America with your sacrifice to be here LEGALLY, and I am honored to make your acquaintance. You'll find a LOT of folks here who feel just like you! Glad you could make it!

you did it right. i think our government needs an overhaul of laws regulating immigration and making it less of a hardship on qualified legal immigrants- not new amnesty laws for illegals. it shouldnt take 16 years of bureaucracy, as that is part of the reason we have so many illegals. thank you for going through that process though, as we are a better people with you as one of us.

Welcome!

Welcome redwhiteandbluelatino!

It is really unfair isn't it? You do everythig the right way, go through the hassel, physical examination, finger printing, back ground checks, fees, etc. and the illegals just waltz in and demand everything that you worked your rear in off for! I know the process, I went through it with my husband. I also understand the reasons for the process. It is to protect the Country and it's citizens, to assure that someone coming through our border is not carrying diseases, will not be a drain of the taxpayer and wants to assimilate and obey our laws. At least that is the way it was, but now, our spinelss, greedy politicians only care abuot money and votes. To hell with the citizens (including legal citizens). As angry as I am at the arrogance of the illegals demanding the rights that beign a citizen of this Country affords, I am even madder at our government for allowing this to happen in the first place. They are the ones that have not protected our borders and are not protecting us now. Also the government of Mexico is to blame. Mexico is the 12th richest countries in the world, but they have a 50% poverty rate. Rather than President Fox and his ilk trying to change this, they would rather export their poverty to America so they can keep all the money and give non to their citizens!

I wish more legal immigrants would realize that all that they did and went through to come here, be a part of America and get away from the poverty and oppression they had in mexico, will be for nothing when America becomes that very thing!

This is why we fight. It is not and never has been about race! It is about trying to preserve our country and our childrens future!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

welcome redwhiteandbluelatino!
    It's people like you that make this nation great. What you had to go through to become a legal American was tough and you did it the RIGHT way! Thank you for respecting this country's laws
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Dear Redwhiteandbluelatino,

Welcome! I'm a redwhiteandblueDutchgirl!

But must tell you, I just happened to be born here and didn't have to go through the legal process of becoming an American. For what you endured in wanting to become an American legally, we appreciate you greatly. Thank you.

Love that name you chose!

redwhiteandbluelatino

welcome to the fight ... I think America needs to hear more stories like yours
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Great to have you here RedwhiteandblueLatino !

“Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Thank you for respecting our laws, Redwhiteblue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast