Thanks to a link posted here in another discussion topic I got a little extra education today! theamericanresistance.com turned out to be a wealth of information and if you haven't visited there yet please do so. I forgot who posted it earlier today but thank you very much. Their site is PACKED with good stuff! Here is a taste of fact that many of us may not know (it also reminds me just how twisted an interpretation of our laws the current leadership uses to sell us out every day).

Subject: ANCHOR BABIES

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

The original intent of the 14th Amendment was clearly not to facilitate illegal aliens defying U.S. law at taxpayer expense. Current estimates indicate there may be over 300,000 anchor babies born each year in the U.S., thus causing illegal alien mothers to add more to the U.S. population each year than immigration from all sources in an average year before 1965.

The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby.

Over a century ago, the Supreme Court correctly confirmed this restricted interpretation of citizenship in the so-called 'Slaughter-House cases' [83 US 36 (1873)] and in [112 US 94 (1884)]. In Elk v.Wilkins
http://www.theamericanresistance.com/is ... abies.html

Go ahead and use the link to read the whole article....
Silly me...they had me convinced we needed to change the law, and all along it's just another one they refuse to enforce!