Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The bread and circus crowd in action. They will only wake up when they become tax payers.

this is sad but true. I was talking to someone the other night about the illegals invading our country when suddenly he said American Idol was coming on -- I couldn't believe it, he had to go.

this was not a young person -- this man was 77 years old! not too long ago a friend of mine told me to call her later that night, but said not to do it while American Idol was on ...

don't you feel like you're being left behind sometimes? I'm worried about America and they're worried about American Idol
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

this is what is wrong with our country! that is why I fear American will go down with just a whimper, from people like us because every other American is wrapped up in a stupid,pukey show like American Idol or Survival! Here we have everything going on here in this country and what are the people worrying about? Who gets kicked off Idol, I am so embarrassed for my country, not wonder other country's think we are total idiots! Not that I give a rat's you know what they think about us!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

while too many Americans have ignored the Minutemen, perhaps when they start talking about putting troops on the border, America will wake up from ts slumber
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

American Idol

Yep, but this is what the MSM is evidently supposed to do. Keep the citizenry occupied and UNINFORMED.

As I've written before, I'm a news junkie. I thought I was up-to-the-minute on everything. I have rabbit ears, so only get the MSM. My eyes weren't opened to the problem till just mid-March, to my shame. Trust me, So. Fl. gets minimum info re the border states and the true level of illegal immigration. Our media is too busy with Cubans, for the most part.

This is why we mustn't fault the citizenry until the situation is truly made public. That seems to be our job, to get the info out there! And remember, our message is so depressing...that our own gov't would ALLOW us to be harmed...oh, certainly not! (sarcasm intended). Our message is a SHOCK to the average citizen or legal immigrant. So continue spreading the word in a dignified, and 'just the facts, man' sorta way. Don't go to the gutter to meet those who disagree.

Now, once they've been made aware and don't take action....that's a whole other story!

And we're starting to see some cracks in their (the media's) pc-ness.

So keep on keepin' on!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie
    while too many Americans have ignored the Minutemen, perhaps when they start talking about putting troops on the border, America will wake up from ts slumber
    I think if they really put troops on the border (I think it's a ruse - to pacify the outraged citizenry who opposes the invasion and am-nasty) they will find some way to push the MinuteMen out. Watch and see. Then the troops will be there in presence but they'll get their secret orders to stand down.

The Roman Empire fell and I can't help but note the similarities between then and now.

One could consider our military to be a form of mercenary. No draft. Pay and various benefits hiked up to encourage folks to join.

The military ranks are chock-full of people from the lower classes.

Entertainment used to keep the populace's minds off problems.

Outsiders entering the USA just as the Germanic tribes were ultimately allowed to intrude upon Roman territory.

The treasury used to provide for the populace.... free or reduced price foodstuffs....... yes, welfare in the Romans Empire!!! Our economy is too complex to discuss here but just look at the ever-growing deficit while the elite class is paying less tax and garnering a larger percentage of the national wealth.

Roman senate usurped by the emporer. Look at how politicians are ignoring existing laws regarding illegal invasion.

Many similarities. Will the ultimate outcome be the same?

"The barbarians are at the gates" was the warning cry of old.

America is so weak-willed and impotent that the barbarians invading us are inside the gates and allowed to enter.

history

Obbop,

Someone else who knows history, and sees similarities.

I WILL disagree with you on one point.

America is so weak-willed and impotent that the barbarians invading us are inside the gates and allowed to enter.
    Those of us who ARE aware, are stepping up and taking whatever action that we are able to.

The problem is the treasonous gov't...... [/quote]
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12