Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

287 (g) Program for Law Enforcement

Here is a link for reference that I found today for anyone wanting to know about this program, how and when it started and who has signed up for it. Hopefully they will update it and if they don't shortly, we should contact them and demand they do so everyone can check the link and see if their county or any other county they have an interest in is utilizing the program.

http://www.ice.gov/pi/news/factsheets/0 ... ogover.htm

287(g) Signed MOAs as of 9-14-07 : 28

* AL Alabama State Police
    * AZ Department of Corrections
    * AZ AZ Department of Public Safety
    * AZ Maricopa County Sheriff's Office
    * CA Los Angeles County Sheriff 's Department
    * CA Orange County Sheriff's Office
    * CA Riverside County Sheriff 's Office
    * CA San Bernardino County Sheriff 's Office
    * CO CO Dept. of Public Safety
    * CO El Paso County Sheriff 's Office
    * FL Collier County Sheriff's Office
    * FL Florida Department of Law Enforcement
    * GA Department of Public Safety
    * GA Cobb County Sheriff's Office
    * MA Department of Corrections
    * MA Framingham Police Department
    * MA Barnstable County Sheriff's Office
    * NC Alamance County Sheriff's Office
    * NC Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office
    * NC Gaston County Sheriff's Office
    * NC Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office
    * NH Hudson City Police Department
    * OK Tulsa County Sherrif's Office
    * TN Davidson County Sheriff's Office
    * VA Herndon Police Department
    * VA Prince William-Manassas Adult Detention Center
    * VA Rockingham County Sheriff's Office
    * VA Shenandoah County Sheriff's Office

Where's Texas?!

Come on Texas, with 1,240 miles of Tex-Mex Border, 2/3 of the total US-Mexico Border, we need every one of your Sheriff's Departments signed up for this outstanding program.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Both Waukegan and Carpentersville in Illinois have applied for 287g training and are waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh good to hear ReggieMay! They need to get their US Senator involved like Wake and Johnson County North Carolina got Senator Dole involved to speed up their process. They need to bring in their big guns.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good advice Judy, but the Illinois governor LOOOOVES illegals. So do our two senators. There's really no one listening to Illinois residents on this issue, except for the Waukegan police chief who stood firm in the face of protests. I've called his office many times to thank him for supporting the taxpayers and legal residents of Waukegan.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great to hear reggie! Call Rep. Mark Kirk as well. He's on the appropriations committee which will look at 287g funding.

The sheriff of Lake County -which Waukegan is the county seat of- also applied. He said that he recently got computer/camera equipment from DHS. He believes that training will soon be offered or why would they bring this expensive equipment?? At least they are now hooked up to Washington.

They discuss the funding today..

fedup: I just called Kirk's office and was told discussion of 287g funding has been put off to date unknown. I left a message in support of increasing funding.

Numbers has an action alert on this. Please call:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-119960.html

Georgia also has operational 287(g) programs in Hall and Whitfield counties, and in October deputies will be sent for training in Gwinnett, which is overloaded with illegals.

Cobb County is deporting about 400 a month. The savings - schools, healthcare, social services, law enforcement, more than pays for the cost of training.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but things have gotten out of control here. They say (I don't know who they are exactly) that we have about a million illegals in GA. It seems like we have that many in Cobb alone. I personally have not noticed a decrease, even with the loss of jobs, drivers' licenses, ability to buy a car, laws denying social services and 287(g). I think it has been two steps back for every forward step because the replacements are outnumbering any who are deported or self deport.

I am not sure what it will take to see improvement.

CA Los Angeles County Sheriff 's Department
    Is this a typo?

There's help at "Operation Fire and Ice". There's info at Wikipedia.

Locally, I had some success with a luke warm police captain who had responsibility for immigration policy by pointing out that 287g deputation does NOT turn local police into participants in ICE raids. It only gives local police the option of being enforcers of immigration law if they CHOOSE to.

Like, they have one bad apple who happens to be illegal, and their case against him or her is weak. With 287(g), they have the option of getting the bad apple deported, sometimes a better choice than going to trial with a weak case.
    No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.* --Lily Tomlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast