Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Days

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you want a better life, there are certain elements you can do to control it. First off would be to not have a litter of kids when only one spouse makes $10/hr. Then both spouses could work, save up, not pick trash, and eventually have a kid when they can afford food, medical and clothes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come to this conclusion. As long as broke people keep having kids I will not have sympathy for them. They are the leading cause of their situation, not us.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

They can call me a racist or anything they want, because that`s all they can do. Has anyone ever been charged for racism or bigotry toward the illegals? No,That`s because I know as well as everyone on this forum along with the accusers that race plays no part in this. It`s just something for them to use to make us look bad.
    To the illegals just getting over here is a better way of life.Living in squaller is a better way of life. A (cheap) paying job is a better way of life. To them it`s not "slave labor". They already know that once their legal citizens(if ever) they will no long be viable to employers.
    We keep hearing about these small towns and counties(Butler Co, OH,Hazleton, PA.) setting up their own ordinances against illegal immigration and it seem that more are doing it every day. With the Locals taking care of themselves because the Feds won`t, about the only thing I can see coming in the near future is Segregation. By the time the government gets around to making a decision that there will be so many illegals here that the immigratiom laws will mean nothing.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    There is one thing that I really want to say, and have spent the last twelve hours trying to find the best way to put it.

So, here goes my best attempt. I feel for this family who appeared on TV as a nice family. I am not going to assume they are awful people, but I will say if I knew a camera crew was going to film my families lives for 30 days with someone in my home (whom I was at political odds with), you bet I would make sure everyones behavior was top notch and their discussions without blame. I would threaten my kids and husband with their lives if they even thought of saying something that would ruin our image on camera.

Now, I am not saying we are horrible people, I am only saying it would be only human to be on our best behavior in front of a camera for national television.

My experience here has been this: Not one of these people (who are illegals or their adament supporters) have ever shown me a thread of decency, or any kindness. The only time they have talked nicely to us is when they thought it was for their benefit (I am referring to specific incidences). I have never seen them act at all kind or polite to Americans.

As nice as this family has appeared on camera, I have to feel it was a show, and when no one is there with them, they talk a lot of garbage about "gringo's". I have to think they are most likely as insidious as I have seen up here towards Americans, they just did not show it for the camera's.

When I am shown civil behavior by the illegals around here, and acting with common decency, I will start to change my mind. I am open to change.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only thing we are guilty of is wanting our families, friends and fellow Americans to come first in our own country. If that makes us racists or whatever label someone can think up, so be it.

I save my sympathy for my countrymen.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    I save my sympathy for my countrymen.
    ALL Americans had better learn that lesson quickly.........no one else is watching our back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You're right, 2nd, not even most of our own gov't. That's why we must remember come voting time!!!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

JAK
    I'm with ya, I agree. I know most of these people give their loyalty to Mexico not the US. Think what I said...or what I was trying to say was mis understood.

We have compassion but we're not changing our minds...that's the short of what I was trying to say.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK:

I did not see the program, (glad I didn't, too), but I'd bet my life on the fact that there are thousands (if not millions) of people out there with the same sad story. And I'd bet we could round up more than a few thousand in America alone.

My impression, from the clips that I have seen, is that this was another way to stick a finger in the eye of people who want the borders secured.

I am friends with an Elder here in Colorado, who, while we were on the phone the other night said to me. Why do people have to be so mean? She was referring to the anti-illegal camps. Because she's an Elder, I can't argue with her, but I did try to gently point out that many people in this country want a better life too, but can't get it because of the immigration problem.

Whenever I see something like this show, or hear something like "they just want a better life for their families", all I can see are the people of Africa, whose circumstances are soooo much worse. They don't have the chance to "just sneak across a border". They have a whole ocean to cross.

Now, what is happening to those people there in Africa really does break my heart. But a sob story about illegals actually living here, I can't even find one tear.

So, maybe I'm hardhearted too.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    None of us are hardhearted, we are just doing what comes naturally, attempting to preserve what we and millions of other Americans have worked so hard for, now and in the past.

If we are to softhearted and do not learn to think a bit more objectively, we will wind up history. We will end up losing everything we have (which might not be much now) to a group who has no sense of respect for laws and common decency.

I do feel for people who's government has done nothing more than to exploit them. However, remember this; "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime." So if we allow the illegals from these corrupt countries to just have what they want here, they will live in constant need. If we enforce our laws (no matter how "mean" it seems), make them go back and face this corrupt way of life and change it, we have given them prosperity for a lifetime.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Now, what is happening to those people there in Africa really does break my heart. But a sob story about illegals actually living here, I can't even find one tear.

So, maybe I'm hardhearted too.
    I agree. I have also said those in Africa are the one's who need our help, not the illegals that are here. I get so angry about all of this it is hard to contain sometimes as I'm sure all of you can tell by some of my posts.
    But somehow, what I stated above didn't come out the way I wanted it too... . I don't understand how the president can sit there day after day...see all the crime being committed, gangs, the way they act at these rally's...I get mad all over again. I wanted to send a letter asking the president if he thought he should he should visit the families that have been killed, raped and beaten by people that come across our borders, because HE REFUSES to enforce the present immigration laws. I personally think he needs to be brought up on charges for allowing this to happen. He could stop this, but he won't!

But anyway...compassion or not...I just want you all to know...I am against illegal immigration period.
    Jak
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast