Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4th of July??? Or Quatro de Julio???

People…I don’t know what to say. I am so bitterly disappointed in the outcome of my 4th of July…

You know, I started out with such high sentiments. I assembled my 4th of July Tribute over the past few weeks, and then with some tears and sniffles, tweaked it until 0200. At 0600, I waved goodbye to my friend and former Army colleague as she set out for her mobilization at Fort Hood. My heart was full to bursting with pride in her service and commitment, despite the sacrifices of missing her family for a year. That fierce pride was also tinged with a bit of regret and envy that I was not going myself. So my 4th of July started out with a real down-home reminder of the price we ALL pay for our prosperity and strength.

I went on to spend the day puttering around with various projects. I also spent some time with Kit in our seemingly never-ending research of certain events in Vietnam. But all day, I was looking forward to the famous Freedom Over Texas Celebration in Houston - one of the top 10 fireworks displays in the country. I was determined to brave the crowds (which my husband and I typically loathe) with kiddos in tow, in order to enjoy the culminating holiday of our nation’s heritage. We drove an hour to downtown Houston, spent 20 minutes looking for parking, and finally stepped into the crowds to move toward the center of the Celebration.

Here is what I saw as I crossed Allen Parkway near Buffalo Bayou:

There were NO 4th of July decorations - NONE. No red, white, and blue - anywhere.
    There were no American flags.
    No one was dressed in R,W, and B except me and my kids.
    There were no patriotic songs.
    There was no indication of patriotic pride or nationalism in any way…

No one - not one person around us - spoke English.
    The music that was blasting through the loudspeakers was Mexican mariachi or some such.
    Home made pig skins were sold in baggies - and screeching kids in dirty clothes were hawking water bottles out of grubby coolers.
    I saw more green Mexican flags and paraphanalia than anything American-themed.

What is this - Houston, Mexico?! Had I mistakenly ended up in some grungy street carnival in Little Mexico, instead of one of the “Top 10 Patriotic Celebrations in the Country�?! I knew that there was supposed to be military equipment displays somewhere in the center (which I was making a bee-line for), along with stages for Clint Black and LeAnn Rimes. I’m not a country-western afficionado, but I knew that I could most likely expect a moving patriotic song or two. As the crowds surged toward the Celebration, my family and I lagged more and more behind. Hot, sweaty, and rudely jostled in the rowdy crowd - I grew more and more angry. Looking around, I realized that no one seemed to be there to celebrate the 4th of July. It seemed like any generic public fiesta - just one more reason to party. I stopped walking and finally acknowledged the fact that whatever ‘celebracion’ was going on around us had nothing to do with America. I was far beyond disappointed…I was furious.

We left.

more...
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

Heidi--I'm so sorry the day turned out to be a disappointment. I believe this happened across the country and I'll tell you why. Right here in our little town in North Carolina 2000 miles from the borders, where we have 9% unemployment in our county yet are over-run with illegal immigrants, my ex decided to go down to the FireWorks display. He called and invited me to go, but I was enjoying my day differently...and I needed to change clothes, etc. and just told him to go on. About 2 hours later he calls to report in.

This is what he found at our July 4th Celebration. He said, it's a good thing you didn't go because you would have been fit to be tied. Alarmed I asked "why" and as soon as the word came out of my mouth, I knew what he was going to say. They were everywhere. He was shocked by the number. At least one out of every 3 persons at the celebration was Mexican and we assume all illegal, because there is no way with our unemployment rate they could be legal. They are recent as they were not here last year.

NOW get this....two police officers come up to him and question him. He thinks because he was by himself. They started a phoney conversation and were asking him who he was and was he from here and on and on.

The IRONY was that there are illegal aliens everywhere and they come up to an American Citizen to "check him out". He doesn't know why. There is no reason. Just that we've lost our country and we have to get it back. When the American Citizen is the odd person in the crowd 2000 miles from a southern border, then you know we're completely infiltrated, completely surrounded, and there are 50,000,000 illegal aliens in the United States.

We need to act soon.

Heidi, I wish that those of us who are older had done a better job to protect you, your family, your children from this. My ex and I discussed how could we have been so blind not to see this coming. We consider ourselves relatively intelligent. The only tme in our lives we agreed on politics was when Ronald Reagan was in office. My ex was totally opposed to Bush while I was totally for. I'm a 4th generation dyed in the wool GOP...or was until 3 months ago.

Even my ex had trouble comprehending what I had discovered even though anything anti-Bush would be believable to him. He does now see it. He sees how illegal immigration is being used to destroy every Institution of the United States and take it from Americans so to destroy the nation and US.

We have to convince Congress to get this Maniac out of the White House.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, I decided to stay home and just watch PBS 4th of July over the Capitol. I had to quickly turn it off when Gloria Estaphan was singing in Spanish. They weren’t patriotic and I was livid. They were embracing Latino music that had nothing to do with the birth of our nation. I don’t have any problems with Latino music, but it is entirely inappropriate during a July Fourth Celebration.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

In my local PD is is illegal to question ones immigration status and officers have been removed for doing so.

JP--I'm so sorry that PBS can't even get it right on the 4th of July!!

I think this will back-fire. Alot of Americans are "tuned" in on the 4th of July and we weren't the only ones disappointed.

ChrisF202--I'm sure our PD has a similar rule. Makes one wonder just how serious anybody is about catching criminals or terrorists. Maybe there aren't really any terrorists.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sounds like a Victory Celebration to me. This is BS! My mom called PBS after the airing of "la Raza Colorado", and told them they wouldn't see another dime. PBS also ran a program 2 weeks ago on immigration that was positively nauseating! Sheila Jackson Lee was front and center. As luck would have it Congress returned their budget to them a couple of days later, coincidence? Nope! Sesame Street has the Spanish word of the day as wee as the number of the day. I wonder if they have the ENGLISH word of the day on Sesame street Espanol? Our government is behind this, and we are being railroaded people.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Right On!! Virginiamama!!

WE ARE BEING RAILROADED OUT OF OUT COUNTRY!

Learn More about their program Here.

http://www.pbs.org/capitolfourth/

Capitol Fourth
    Monday, July 4, 8:00pm
    CHANNEL 4 (UNCTV/UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA TELEVISION)
    Fireworks over Washington, D.C., cap this holiday concert featuring Gloria Estefan, the Beach Boys, the O'Jays, Jimmy Smits, Il Divo, Sharon Lawrence, Kimberley Locke(“American Idol�) and Irish tenor Ronan Tynan. Barry Bostwick hosts..........

A Capitol Fourth 2005 is made possible by grants from Lockheed Martin Corporation, the National Park Service, Department of the Army, Public Television Viewers, PBS, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the National Endowment for the Arts. Air Travel is provided by American Airlines.

Feedback Form
    http://www.pbs.org/capitolfourth/feedback.html
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I turned on the TV last night and found only one channel that was broadcasting anything to do with the 4th. Scarborough Country and it was pahtetic.

What is happening to America?

There was a time in the recent past that every channel had coverage of the celebrations across the country and non-stop footage of the Fireworks

Not this year...

This should be a warning to you all there is an agenda to change America.
    Is this Mexico or the USA

My 4th of July was about the same. Mariachi music blarig in the back ground, short and disappointing fireworks display. What a patriotic country we are becoming.

All I have to say is sad
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast