Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

81 % of Americans feel nation is on the wrong track!

April 3, 2008
    Weak Economy Sours Public’s View of Future, New Poll Finds

By DAVID LEONHARDT and MARJORIE CONNELLY
    New York Times

Americans are more dissatisfied with the country’s direction than at any time since the New York Times/CBS News poll began asking about the subject in the early 1990s, according to the latest poll.

In the poll, 81 percent of respondents said they believed that “things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Forwarded to friends and family
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But Democrats, who have controlled the House and Senate since last year, also face the risk that unhappy voters will punish Congressional incumbents.
    LOl, yes, incumbents, be very afraid. I'd say each and every one of you can start packing NOW.

I for one would love to see an Obama Presidency dealing with a Ron Paul Congress. Now, wouldn't that be some show.

I sure think we are on the wrong track.

I also heard a news story saying there was a poll done saying people feel we have improved our image internationally. I don't know who they surveyed. I know a lot of people internationally and I have not seen that the US image is any better. Though I am sure it will be once George Bush is out of office.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I have sayin' that for over ten years now. Funy thing is, those who scorned me for sayin' it, are now themselves saying it.

Well, I guess people are willing to turn a blind eye, until things start to directly affect them.

Yes, the REAL and SAD truth is, NOTHING is done about ANY adverse issue UNTIL it affects the EGOISTIC elites!

I can't remember a time in history when things have been so bad! Eight years of Bush has created the worst mess...both internationally and domestically. It's unimaginable!

We have an unsolvable situation in Iraq; oil prices are through the roof; food and energy prices are creating economic hardships for everyone (except the elites); the sub prime fiasco is having worldwide repercussions; and we are being taxed out of our minds (especially here in LA)!

With this depressing scenario, we are faced with 3 Presidential candidates who are ignoring the economic collapse, and are out there promising to subsidize the entire third world population of this country, while at the same time...they are telling ALL of us that our taxes will be hiked! The dollar is practically worthless and interest rates will have to rise in order to support the collapsing dollar. Meantime, credit card companies are charging usury rates up to 40%! Unemployment is rising and wages are declining...insourcing and outsourcing.

We have 38M impoverished people here who should not be in this country, period! Instead of sending them home, our feckless leaders want to give them Amnesty, and allow their impoverished relatives to come here and jump on the gravy train! Smart...really smart!

When Bush leaves office, I would suggest that he doesn't leave a forwarding address....he needs to go into hiding...preferably in Mexico!

April
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I can't remember a time in history when things have been so bad! Eight years of Bush has created the worst mess...both internationally and domestically. It's unimaginable!

We have an unsolvable situation in Iraq; oil prices are through the roof; food and energy prices are creating economic hardships for everyone (except the elites); the sub prime fiasco is having worldwide repercussions; and we are being taxed out of our minds (especially here in LA)!

With this depressing scenario, we are faced with 3 Presidential candidates who are ignoring the economic collapse, and are out there promising to subsidize the entire third world population of this country, while at the same time...they are telling ALL of us that our taxes will be hiked! The dollar is practically worthless and interest rates will have to rise in order to support the collapsing dollar. Meantime, credit card companies are charging usury rates up to 40%! Unemployment is rising and wages are declining...insourcing and outsourcing.

We have 38M impoverished people here who should not be in this country, period! Instead of sending them home, our feckless leaders want to give them Amnesty, and allow their impoverished relatives to come here and jump on the gravy train! Smart...really smart!

When Bush leaves office, I would suggest that he doesn't leave a forwarding address....he needs to go into hiding...preferably in Mexico!
    Bush devastated this country in numerous ways without a second thought, actually with NO thoughts at all!!! It has been a bleak downward spiral and the present candidates are not going to do any better!!! THEY could care less about middle class Americans. They say they do, however their actions beg to DIFFER!

The problem is that the MSM is spinning by allowing politicos to define why we are in disgust. Both parties are putting their spin on it and again missing the point of fact here. Many Americans, while they have not fully begun to understand the dark forces behind illegal immigration, do see the negative reactions of the government to this. If they don't know about illegal immigration fully, they are aware that the government is refusing to do the will of the people, to follow the law. The people of America unanimously consider the Government corrupt, illegal immigration exposes this most directly. They have seen a goverment openly pander to foreign interests, attack their own people, deny the rights of their constituency, promptly cater to the needs of Mexico, lie about many things, misuse funds, skyrocket spending, make donations to other countries while ignoring domestic problems, and most importantly slowly and secretively erode our civil liberties by sidestepping our Constitutional rights. It is a miracle that the country has not been up in arms...Maybe this is because they have cleverly kept us well fed during our rape.

Unfortunately the utter stupidity of Bush has now paved a path for a more terrible force to come to power (pick one of three). As the parties spin things it is important to remember truly what is behind this disaffection, illegal immigration. So whether it is conscious or not, the corruption surrounding the issue and its ancillary factors are behind this. Illegal Immigration has taught the American public that the government only enforces laws that it wants to enforce, that some people are exempt from the law. Our leaders have chosen a path of Cosmopolitan decline. So no matter what the speak is, when a nation of free people sees that their Government not only disobeys the laws, but give special treatment to one group (not even American!) over their own citizenry, they sense the corruption. Not a million O'Reilly's or Rush Limbaughs, or (insert the entire remainder of the MSM left) can keep us distracted. We have seen that our government hates us and likes foreigners over us. That is where the 80% comes from regardless of the specifics.