Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ABOUT CONGRESS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do we have TWO good men/women? It doesn't appear that we do.

I am on the fence about applauding the Republicans - although they are the only ones with their fingers in the dike, so to speak.

I am definitely not in favor or handing the majority over to the Democrats - that would be a dream come true for the PResident on this issue.

All that said, I absolutely would never, ever, call myself a Republican - not until the Republican party cleans house and acts like it should.

I am leaning toward a total housecleaning -

The ones who are speaking out now in the Republican Party seem to have become 'enlightened' just recently. The only one I know that has consistently been trying to get something done is Tancredo. If others have been in the fight for some time, I would like to know as they need to be commended.

I fear the Republicans do sense the anger in the wind and want to placate the people - but don't really want to do anything - hence a long heated debate on 'immigration reform'. We don't need immigration reform - we need immigration enforcement.

Anyone saying that is a honest and honorable lawmaker and we can take them at face value.

Anyone wringing their hands and talking about 'reform' and saying they want something done may just be trying to keep anything from happening u ntil after the election - and then - 'Katy bar the door'. They will have flim flammed us into thinking they are working for us and thereby keep their seats.

I have already heard a couple of times that this may be a 'two-part ' deal- 'Border security' and then 'reform' after the election. Could that be the reason for the 'guard on the border' (but not really) speech?

I fear this may be the most important election in our lifetime - perhaps in the life of the country.

By the next Presidential election, we may have millions of illegals voting in our elections - electronic voting - sans paper trail - and in effect, elections in name only and America in name only.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I see so many postings here and other places where folks will use blanket generalizations such as Republicans are our only hope to stop the invasion and that Democrats are all for the invasion.

What a lack of knowledge, apparent lack of any research, the mere spewing of knee-jerk rhetoric yet those types of posters try to convey that they are the proud possessors of fact.

I understand stating an opinion but, as I see in the classroom daily, the dumbing down of the American citizenry has led to so many apparently believing their opinion is actually fact.

Senator Chuck Hagel is so pro-invasion that, despite being a Republican, even Rush Limbaugh lambasts the idiot.

I will read posts written as if the writer has definitive proof of the positives of illegals, declaring they pay their taxes when I have personally witnessed illegals claiming 9 dependents so no income tax is withheld then filing for an Earned Income Credit hand-out worth thousands of dollars. I wonder if those posting knee-jerk rhetoric as fact have ever lived and worked amongst the invaders as so many of us have.

I just had to rant!!!!!!!!

If I hear about the proverbial $12 head of lettuce again I may start throwing ruttabagas at the uninformed idiots spewing their knee-jerk uninformed rhetoric.

Part of the blame must rest upon an internal bias so strong that facts are ignored. Another source of the idiocy is our education system and the huge number of students who place far more importance upon being constantly entertained and ignoring the chance to improve their minds. Even in a school within a high-income upper-middle class area, when I ask the students, very few read anything other than what they are required to; and then, many don't read the required stuff!!!!! Very very few watch TV news, perhaps one in a hundred read the newspaper. Nothing changes when those entertainment-before-anything droids enter adulthood. Yet, they are so quick to spew their uneducated drivel and act offended if you challange their opinion stated as fact.

Oh well..........

All those uneducated lazy buffoons will fit right in with the invaders whose lack of education and possessing a cultural bias that often ridicules education is adding to the dumbing down of the USA.

And, the elites revel as their serfs become increasing unable to affect their ever-growing power and wealth.

Tex

Hmm

Well im not a republican either but currently they have been the only party to vote for with the democratic party going completely to the left and no longer care about regular people. Everybody who has been watching the news had to have seen Rep. Frist complete flip flop on this issue. He was dead set on amnesty or anything like it. Now all the sudden he has become a bleeding heart libral and is working with of all people Ted Kennedy. It is completly apparent that somebody has gotten to Frist and is making him sell out America. Not only is he wanting to legalize Criminals he is now wanting to Open the borders, no fence, and allow basically 100 million people to immigrant to this country within 20 years. It appears to me my Grandmother from Mississippi was right. Republicans want to make this a nation of wealty elite and poor. The republican party according to her has always wanted to do away with middle class america and it seems like they are in the process of doing this. Maybe she was right!

Within 20 years?? Sheesh...they're already on their way...

MJ

Frankly I don’t think were going to see any actions on immigration before the elections.

One must wonder how many politicians are siding with the American people, only because they want to keep their jobs.

Our only trump card is the up coming elections, if it wasn’t for the fact that the people are holding their feet to the fire, how much resistance would there really be to the Bush, and Kennedy/McCain SELL OUT LEGISLATION?

Americans in general have short memories, and their too prone to listen to the words spewed forth from the lips of their politicians in an election year.

If you want to know what your pet politician is going to do in the future, just take a serious hard look what they did in the past, check out their voting records, and see what they did, and didn’t vote for, and see what kind of compromises, they caved into.

These people have had years in office to work in the best interest of the American people, and look at the mess were in now. (something is really rotten in Denmark)

Any person who judges a politician in an election year, by what they say they are going to do, is a blind fool.

PROVE TO ME, THAT YOUR WORTHY OF MY VOTE, NOT BY THE WORDS YOU SPEAK, BUT BY WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING, AND ONLY THEN WILL I LISTEN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. OTHERWISE TAKE A HIKE BUSTER.

http://action.citizen.org/scorecard/

http://www.house.gov/

http://www.senate.gov/

bit-o-Ruckus
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

Yes, checking their voting record before castin a ballot is exactly what I had in mind.

MJ

Tex

Is this Possible

Is it possible to Impeach a Senator or Congressman? If we elect them what does it take to un-elect them has anybody thought about this. Why dont somebody in Ted kennedy state try to impeach him, or Frist state of Tennessee, Surely you can unelect a senator or congressman

dxd
    Moosetracks,
    RE:Why put out Reps. that are on our side?

And who might they be. In my experience that number is ZERO. In my experience every one of them will kneel down for bush when it means something. If you want to disagree with that statement I will ask you this question:

Were you and/or any of you associates at the RNC convention in Manhattan in 2004 when this issue was "supposed" to be addressed? If yes you already know what I am talking about.

Tex
    I'm a new member here. Part of the reason I'm here is because I'm from Massachusetts...the state with the second longest running Senator in history. Ted Kennedy has a war chest larger than most countries GNP; and if that weren't bad enough, the state's leading newspaper is the Boston Globe. A few months ago there was a pro-immigration rally in Boston, widely advertised for weeks, that brought out a few hundred protestors and was front page in the Globe. A few weeks later and rally with more than 1000 anti-immigration protestors was held in the same place...but no mention of it in the Globe.
    I doubt that Senator Kennedy will have any opposition in the Primary, and three Republican candidates are running in the Republican primary, but none have any visibility.
    Got any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12