Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACTIVISTS! Don't forget about ALIPAC Indiana campaign!!!

Flash Fire Indiana! Let's get the illegals on the run!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103815.html

Indiana House of Representatives Contact Information
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103820.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    PLease everyone who has not called and emailed, please do now!! WE did GREAT in OREGON and we can do the same in other states!!!

OUR COUNTRY IS DEPENDING ON US!!!!

Thread in general discussions as well!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103828.html

We need more people helping us . I will be working on some help this weekend. I'll ask them, shame them or whatever to convince them to help .

I have copied the list of those to call and email .

Already worked on it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by April
    PLease everyone who has not called and emailed, please do now!! WE did GREAT in OREGON and we can do the same in other states!!!

OUR COUNTRY IS DEPENDING ON US!!!!

Thread in general discussions as well!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103828.html
    Thanks April, I forgot to post the MAIN ACTION THREAD! This is the one, folks. let's help Indiana resore the Hoosier State to citizen hoosiers and legal hoosiers!!!

INDIANA: My response from Rep. Van Haaften

Thank you for emailing me concerning SB 335. Illegal Immigration and its impact on the State of Indiana is an important issue our state is facing, and all states are bound to face sooner of later. From your email it is apparent you are in support of combating this problem by holding employers accountable for providing jobs to those in our country illegally.

However, I do have concerns you have been misled by SB 335 and what the language of the bill actually allows for. In reading the bill I found it contains huge loopholes for Indiana businesses and avoiding the responsibility of verifying the legal status of their employees.

As chairman of the House Public Policy Committee I decided to give SB 335 a hearing and in doing so, made a point of studying the language of the bill. If you read it I am sure you will come to the same conclusion I did: Sen. Mike Delph and the Indiana Senate have not been forthcoming in the actual contents of the bill.

The entire Senate bill can be accessed at the following:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/200 ... 335.2.html

As you can see, a huge loophole in the Senate bill exists in the definition of "employee." SB 335 as it exists now defines "employee" as the following:

Sec. 3. As used in this chapter, "employee" means an individual who:
    (1) works or is hired to work for at least one thousand five hundred (1,500) hours during a twelve (12) month period;
    (2) performs services for an employer; and
    (3) is an individual from whom the employer is required to withhold wages under IC 6-3-4-8 or is an employee described in IC 6-3-4-8(l).

Under the Senate version of the bill, an employer only has to verify the legal status of a person they are going to employ for 1,500 hours in a year. Think about this. How many illegals are seasonal workers? How many illegals work for 2 or 3 months in one spot and move on to another employer? Under the Senate version of this legislation an employer would have absolutely no duty to verify the legal status of any of these workers!

How effective would this be? An illegal could be hired to work 60 hours a week for the summer months and there is no requirement for the employer to verify their status. An employer could hire 100 workers a month, let them go after two months and they would face no repercussions for hiring illegals over our own citizens! How many illegals apply for employment for 1,500 hours in a year? Do the math and you can see the Senate version of this legislation creates a loophole that will do very little in terms of requiring employers to help in combating illegal immigration. We have heard much about the application of the "rule of law." In committee this week, I directly asked Sen. Delph if SB 335 applied the "rule of law" uniformly to employers and he admitted it did not.

I can tell you I was disappointed when I sat down and read the language of SB 335 If SB 335, as it is written now, were to become law, many citizens would be disappointed in learning how just about every employer of illegal aliens could still skirt the law.

SB 335 was heard in my committee on February 13th. I held the bill until this Monday, February 18th so amendments could be prepared to close the loopholes. Rep. Vern Tincher and I will be offering amendments to the Senate bill which would require employers to verify the legal status of all new hires. By closing these loopholes, we will make sure the bill has teeth and will be effective in curbing and eliminating the hiring of illegal aliens. We will see that every loophole is closed.

I hope you take the time to actually read the language of the bill the Senate passed over to the House. If you do you may have some of the same questions that I had. Why did Sen Delph and the Indiana Senate not make the public aware of these loopholes?

Once again, thank you for contacting me about SB 335. I do find it ironic that I have constantly received emails warning me that Indiana House Democrats had better not "water" down this bill. If you take the time to read the bill, you will see Indiana House Democrats are actually attempting to keep the bill from drowning in the loopholes the bill currently contains.

Trent Van Haaften

State Representative

District 76

INDIANA: My response from Rep. Matt Bell

Thank you for contacting me. Your concerns and ideas are important to me and to our community. In an effort to serve you well, I review each e-mail and letter that is sent to me from our community. My legislative staff and I are dedicated to maintaining open communication with all of our constituents, and we look forward to responding to you in the very near future. Thank you again for contacting me and thank for your willingness to help make ours a better community by sharing your ideas, thoughts, and opinions.

Sincerely yours,

Matt Bell

State Representative

-------------------------------------
    P.S. If I wrote Senator in the tagline of my last post that was a mistake. The response in that post was from Rep. Van Haaften. My apologies for the error.

I am confused'again'! I thought this vanhaaten guy was the one who helped to write the bill .

Remember to thank people for their time

What I wrote back to Rep. Van Haaften:

Dear Rep. Van Haaften,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to address my concerns.

I receive updates on what sort of legislation is in the process of being passed or voted on throughout our country regarding illegal aliens and all the issues that go along with that group and do my best to stay on top of it all. It is quite a task.

I am relieved to know you are working hard to close up the loopholes in this bill and thank you for your efforts in holding lawbreakers accountable for their actions. I want our law makers to put Americans first. We work hard too but we don't work hard for some other group of folks to just come in and take advantage of it all.

I don't believe this is a democratic or republican issue. It is an American issue and when it comes down to it, that's what we all are regardless of party affiliations.

I will continue to stay abreast of changes or any addendum's regarding SB 335 and again I thank you for your time and for your work. I will certainly read the bill at length that you sent me and thank you for keeping me informed.

Sincerely,

(My name)
    Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Remember to thank people for their time

Quote Originally Posted by smcpatrick
    What I wrote back to Rep. Van Haaften:

Dear Rep. Van Haaften,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to address my concerns.

I receive updates on what sort of legislation is in the process of being passed or voted on throughout our country regarding illegal aliens and all the issues that go along with that group and do my best to stay on top of it all. It is quite a task.

I am relieved to know you are working hard to close up the loopholes in this bill and thank you for your efforts in holding lawbreakers accountable for their actions. I want our law makers to put Americans first. We work hard too but we don't work hard for some other group of folks to just come in and take advantage of it all.

I don't believe this is a democratic or republican issue. It is an American issue and when it comes down to it, that's what we all are regardless of party affiliations.

I will continue to stay abreast of changes or any addendum's regarding SB 335 and again I thank you for your time and for your work. I will certainly read the bill at length that you sent me and thank you for keeping me informed.

Sincerely,

(My name)
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Great Letter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast