Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I looked, but my computer is really slow today (DSL coming this week!). Can someone tell me which one they said we were basically KKK? Also, did they mention us directly?
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    William Gheen <---- I sign my statements. You should try it cowards.
    The difference between William Gheen and Americans like him... and YOU...

Integrity, honor and TRUTH!

YOU= "Cowards, Thieves and LIARS!"
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    I looked, but my computer is really slow today (DSL coming this week!). Can someone tell me which one they said we were basically KKK? Also, did they mention us directly?
    go here and read the transcript of the interview

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-102068.html

Is there any way we can get a campaign going to petition our government to stop funding, in the very least, racist groups like "The Race"?

Seriously, something HAS to be done, this nut case is off the charts when it comes to her obvious skew towards Latino only issues. She calls her group a civil rights group, BULL!!!

The only time this country will be able to get beyond the issues of race, is when groups like this are totally gone and not allowed to promote their racist/ethnic agenda's, only then will this country be able to pick itself up from this stupid cesspool of racist lies that feeds the frenzy of zealots like "La Raza" and others.

This woman is a liar, a racist, and a very hateful person. Would she stand up for me if I was a victim of a hate crime? No, I am sure she would not, her ONLY concern is with Latino's, mainly those who are illegal aliens, trying to get them an amnesty. so NCLR can be their "champions", get their loyalty and votes, and get their oh-so coveted political power, and in the snap of the finger, they will have their Reconquista. You can bet your undies on it!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ACLU backs Minutemen in San Diego

The ACLU also backed Rush Limbaugh's medical privacy and Larry Craig, too, IIRC. What's La Raza done? Oh, and don't forget MechA: "Por la raza, todo; afuera la raza, nada."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2008/02 ... 2_1_08.txt

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Is there any way we can get a campaign going to petition our government to stop funding, in the very least, racist groups like "The Race"?
    AmericanElizabeth, yes there is. Call your Congressmen to NOT CO-SPONSOR The HOPE FUND ACT OF 2007, HR 1999. There was a thread (I think started by me ) on this here on Alipac last year.

That is the act -- disguised with the cute name of "hope" -- that La Raza is begging the Feds for $$. $10million for this year, and an automatic $5million every year after that. It is now in committee (Financial Services Committee -- WHICH IS CHAIRED BY A DEMOCRAT!!)

See here for the latest: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1999

It was introduced last year by Rep Hinojosa (D-Texas).

EVERYONE, PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY, PLEASE CALL YOUR REPS IN THE HOUSE TO NOT CO-SPONSOR OR VOTE FOR THIS!!!
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Thank you Ex_OC, I am planning to print it out, and also a list of reps, with numbers, to let people know that this racist group is asking for federal dollars in the guise of some civic mnded thing.

I will encourage all to call and tell their reps "NO"!!

I know my reps voted for it....Dodd was too busy campaigning, but got a reply form Lieberman 12/31/07:

Thank you for contacting me regarding federal funding for the National Council of La Raza. I am pleased to hear from you on this issue.

As you may know, Representative Ruben Hinojosa (D-TX) introduced the Hope Fund Act of 2007 (H.R. 1999). This legislation directs the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development to make a grant to the National Council of La Raza of $5 million in 2008 and $10 million every year thereafter to provide technical and financial assistance to local nonprofit organizations to undertake community development and affordable housing projects and programs serving low- and moderate-income households, particularly through organizations located in neighborhoods with substantial populations of income-disadvantaged households of Hispanic origin. H.R. 1999 is currently pending debate before the House Committee on Financial Services.

Most recently, the House and Senate met and reconciled their respective versions of the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act for 2008 (H.R. 3074). The conference agreement on H.R. 3074, which I support, includes one million dollars in funding for La Raza community development activities. This final version of H.R. 3074 has been passed by the House and is currently pending a vote before the Senate before being sent to President Bush. As a supporter of this legislation, I appreciate and understand your concerns about the possibility of La Raza's use of federal funds for political activities. Please be assured that I will be closely monitoring the use of any appropriation received by La Raza or any other organization to ensure that federal funds are not used for political purposes. To keep track of future actions on this legislation, you can go to the "Bill Tracking" service at http://lieberman.senate gov/issues/resources.

My official Senate web site is designed to be an on-line office that provides access to constituent services, Connecticut-specific information, and an abundance of information about what I am working on in the Senate on behalf of Connecticut and the nation. I am also pleased to let you know that I have launched an email news update service through my web site. You can sign up for that service by visiting http://lieberman.senate.gov and clicking on the "Subscribe Email News Updates" button at the bottom of the home page. I hope these are informative and useful.

Thank you again for letting me know your views and concerns. Please contact me if you have any additional questions or comments about our work in Congress.

"As a supporter of this legislation, I appreciate and understand your concerns about the possibility of La Raza's use of federal funds for political activities. Please be assured that I will be closely monitoring the use of any appropriation received by La Raza or any other organization to ensure that federal funds are not used for political purposes. "

Oh I forget trying to stiffle free speech is not a political purpose...yeah right.

Sincerely,
    Joseph I. Lieberman
    UNITED STATES SENATOR

This might be a good idea: Submitting questions to the 200+ public radio stations.

Dear Sunlighter,

If you had a microphone and a media pass at the U.S. Capitol, what
    would you ask your lawmaker? What issues matter most to you during
    this election? The economy? Healthcare? Immigration, global
    warming, Iraq? Now's your chance to make your voice heard in the
    corridors of power and on 200+ public radio stations
    across the U.S.

Using Capitol News Connection's http://www.cncnews.org/ new Ask
    Your Lawmaker http://www.askyourlawmaker.org/ site and widget
    http://www.askyourlawmaker.org/widget you can ask powerful
    lawmakers on the air about the issues that will define this
    election. Plus, how lawmakers, as "super delegates" could end up
    picking the candidates at the conventions: how will they decide?

Sunlight grantee Capitol News Connection, the award-winning
    congressional news service that brings politics 'home' to almost 2
    million public radio listeners nationwide, will compile the best –
    and most popular questions – submitted through the Ask Your
    Lawmaker http://www.AskYourLawmaker.org/ widget and site.
    Citizens with the best questions will be chosen to ask them on the
    air. Listeners can also call the CNC team at 202/546-8654.

All questions must be submitted by COB Monday, February 11. The
    Ask Your Lawmaker shows will air on over 200 NPR affiliates next
    Tuesday (2/12) and Wednesday (2/13).

Best,
    Gabriela Schneider
    Communications Director
    Sunlight Foundation

PS: If you haven't already, be sure to download CNC's "As Your
    Lawmaker" widget, http://askyourlawmaker.org/widget

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234