Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A interesting article concerning depressions and their causes and cures, can be found at the Contrary Investor Cafe, and at Ludwig von Mises Institute-Articles-Economic Depressions: Their Cause and Cure by Murray N. Rothbard.

A very interesting article although a little long. Published I think in 1967. It provides insights to the differences between Austrian and Keynsian schools of thought on economics. It also looks at how governments manipulate the economy and how they can make economies very shaky.

The Contrary Investors Cafe is a part of Comet Gold.

Financial Sense with Jim Puplava is also good source of geo politics and economic concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Mexican President Felipe Calderon said in a speech last month that his country is so free of dependence on the U.S. that financial disaster there will be but a glancing blow here.

Really? Then he won't mind taking his illegal aliens back?

Is delusional thinking the national pasttime in Mexico?
    and here i thought the national past time of mexico was sneaking into the US.. silly me

You were not mistaken JamesW.........sneaking in is all part of the bigger delusion that this country actually belongs to Mexico
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is a great silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Mexican President Felipe Calderon said in a speech last month that his country is so free of dependence on the U.S. that financial disaster there will be but a glancing blow here.

Really? Then he won't mind taking his illegal aliens back?

Is delusional thinking the national pasttime in Mexico?
    and here i thought the national past time of mexico was sneaking into the US.. silly me

You were not mistaken JamesW.........sneaking in is all part of the bigger delusion that this country actually belongs to Mexico
    Calderon is full of crap. The Mexican stock market dipped 6% on Monday.
    If the U.S. economy goes down, the Latin American economies will go down even more.

The bank also calculated that unemployment is running considerably higher among Mexican immigrants working in the U.S. than among the general labor force. Unemployment among Mexican immigrants was about 4.5% in March of last year and has soared to nearly 7.5% now. The U.S. jobless rate for the general workforce is 6.1%.
    According to this we are now General workers and no longer U.S. Citzens!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Remittances, exports -- Latin America...Remittances fell to $1.9 billion for August, a 12.2% drop from the same month last year, the bank said.
    Our money and our jobs, They gotta go. How about this idea, Calderone has to give 1 barrel of oil per illegal per day in the U.S. What do you think we can do with an extra 20,000,000 barrels of oil per day.[/quote]
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

LawEnforcer wrote:
    Calderon is full of crap. The Mexican stock market dipped 6% on Monday.
    If the U.S. economy goes down, the Latin American economies will go down even more.
    It seems like Calderon has learned a great deal of talking with crossed fingers and double-speak from Bush and our congress and is now trying it out himself to soothe his people and build Mexico's national pride. And I do think that tactic is much better than the continual fear-mongering we have had from Bush/Cheney since 9/11.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree about the fearmonger since 9/11 - on the war front.

They and their minions, however, have been insisting the economy is sound. That was the mantra up to about 2 months ago.

This just really seems like a good time to get busy on sending them home.

I wish we could get together and withhold our monies from the employers of these people.

The construction business is down, because no one is buying, and the illegals are out of work and some, hopefully, returning home.

As far as some other businesses, like the food industry,the illegals will have what jobs are available, before citizens, when the crunch really hits.

Why don't we do something now - and they will be back in Mexico and not competing for the scarce jobs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12