Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    . And we should continue the work of fixing our broken immigration system -- to secure our borders, enforce our laws, and ensure that everyone who plays by the rules can contribute to our economy and enrich our nations.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/27/sotu.transcript/

So Amnesty is out of the question since they didn't play by the rules.

What a bunch of campaigning "twaddle" from him!!!! It was like he was on the campaign trail... just more of the same liberalist "lies".... jobs???? where are they coming from????????? He mentioned Allentown, PA; are these the "green coal jobs" that he is looking to create through his Cap and Trade???? The Dems, SmellOsi and "Potter" Reid are going to cram-force the OBAMA shamcare bill down Americans' throats... repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"???? Many I've talked to in the military will LEAVE if he does this!!!! His speech seemed "uncomfortable" to him and all the way through he was "grasping at straws"... there was NO congruity, fluency and it looked as though he was PANDERING for applause!!! SORRY, OBL AND ADMIN, AMERICANS NO LONGER BUY INTO YOUR SHAMS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by American-ized
    What a bunch of campaigning "twaddle" from him!!!! It was like he was on the campaign trail... there was NO congruity, fluency and it looked as though he was PANDERING for applause!!! SORRY, OBL AND ADMIN, AMERICANS NO LONGER BUY INTO YOUR SHAMS!!!!!!!
    I wish that that were so, but it isn't. 'Bama won with exactly this same pitch. Either he or someone in his campaign staff realized that Bill Clinton, another unqualified dark horse, used the same strategy. What both these hucksters did/do is to promise to solve absolutely every problem that people have, even if their solutions are mutually exclusive. That shouldn't work, but it does. The reason it works is that once people hear a politician speak to their particular concern, they'll tune out the other stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Them being in this country illegally is a federal offense, but if I committed a federal offense like mail fraud (for example), it would land me behind bars immediately.
    +1

'Bama forgot to mention the part about immigrants - legal and illegal - taking the jobs which should have gone to young and poor Americans. So the same employers who hired illegals as "independent contractors" can now feel good about continuing to do that.

This speech, which was simply another occasion for 'Bama's continuous campaigning, was already stated succintly by those great British philosophers, Dire Straits: "Money for nothing and chicks for free."

Obama didn't go into as much detail about "immigration reform" as I thought he would. But we have to stay on guard; they could peddle this at any time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

'Bama didn't go into much detail about anything. This wasn't a state of union speech, it was a campaign speech. Like the previous underqualified huckster - that would be Slick - 'Bama's speeches are designed to promise nearly everything to nearly everybody. Tonight he also promised - again - to be tough on Congress. As if Congress is responsible for Obamacare being dumped.

Slick's continuous campaigning tuned out to be all about getting Slick reelected. Same thing with 'Bama. Legal illegals will vote 'Crat. That's all we need to know about this quisling.

Well, hats off to all you who stayed around to stomache all the flowery speech. I guess I just don't have it in me anymore to listen to lie after lie out of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I listened to almost the whole speech and it was horrible for the most part. He spoke of Washington as if he were not part of it. He whined again about how Republicans stalled Congress' efforts to pass his pet projects. HELLO??? Dems had the supermajority vote and could have voted for anything Obama wanted at anytime without Republican votes, so why the hell didn't they?!?!?! Of course he didn't mention that, huh?

"We need to export..." Export WHAT?? Manufacturers have moved to mexico!!! We've got 12 million plus illegal aliens who are the cheap labor here and it's still not cheap enough, the plants moved to mexico?!?! But hey, we still got their paisano's here sucking up the freebies, so it's all good?? WTH?? Why haven't they been deported so they can work IN MEXICO?!??!!!!

"The banks have paid back nearly all the TARP money.."" REALLY?? SHOW ME THE MONEY FOOL!!!

"The stimulus worked...we have more jobs...economy has stabilized..blah blah blah" REALLY?? Millions unemployed, millions more not counted in that figure because they've run out of unemployment and still can't find work and we have more jobs??? WHERE? Who's getting these "jobs"? The economy is still tanking, don't know where he's looking. But hey, it's all a good time in Washington, pass the arugulla please.

College..oh yes..."the debt (loans) will be forgiven after 20 years, 10 years if you go into public services.." IS HE SERIOUS?!?!! LOL!! 12 months x 20 years = 240 months of payments. OK, so I want to repay $10 a month until the 20 years are up! (Whining**)Why should I be punished with a huge loan amount when I only wanted to get an education, it's not my fault college costs so much(**whine**).

Ahhh and the immigration speech. We were STUNNED and SO angry and the absolute gall he had to talk about "playing by the rules" in the same breath with fixing our "broken" immigration system! The system is NOT broken, ENFORCE THE FREAKING LAWS!!!! Grrr, my family and I played by the rules and there is NO way in HELL we will take this sitting down! NO AMNESTY for those who came illegally. Nothing short of deportation is acceptable!
    "

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123