Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I love the sound of Americans United Party.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

The cost of starting a Political party in North Carolina is about $15.000 or more the first year( If you do it right ) and working about 50-60 hours a month for free.
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

New Party

I still like

The Patriot Party

some others though

The American Party
    The Constitution Party (but I think this one exists)
    The Boston Tea Party (threw this one in for those who hate taxes)
    The Peoples Party (this one sounds a little too communistic)
    The Real Party (this one would appeal to college students)
    The Vocal Party
    The Representative Party
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

Re: New Party

Quote Originally Posted by lunarminer
    some others though

The Constitution Party (but I think this one exists)
    You are correct, that one does exist and is very alive and well. Here is their web site address:

http://constitutionparty.com/
    Mark

Aut Pax, Aut Bellum

What is our platfom? Are we about common sense? What about the Constitution Party, which already exists?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    What is our platfom? Are we about common sense? What about the Constitution Party, which already exists?
    Personally my choice is to work within the structure the Constitution Party has. I will do this by running for local office under that Constitution Party banner. We need to start filling local elected seats with something other than R's and D's. Then we move to filling State elected seats and finally Federal seats. Build the grassroots and then advance, pushing out the parties that refuse to listen to the people.
    Mark

Aut Pax, Aut Bellum

I like:

America First Party

American Constitution Party

American Citizen Party
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like no party. I'm not a party animal. The problem with our system today is that we have a two party system. A third major party might be useful, but would probably suffer from the same shortcomings as the current two. First of all, there will be the party enforcers, those who make each elected member toe the party line, no matter how stupid, crazy, or detrimental to the US. Because of the party system, we have to worry about who has the majority in each house of Congress, because that determines committee leadership and membership positions. That gives the enforcers more power to keep members in line (do you really think Mitch McConell and Trent Lott really liked this bill? I don't, but they do like their jobs, and so they suck up to the party and Bush and try to do their dirty work).

I would prefer to see 50% of each house to be Indepedents. Not an Independent Party, but true Independents. This way, no party has a majority to control either house, and it would force some interesting alignments which might make Congress more responsive to the voters, and might provide better quality leadership in the key positions. God knows we have not had any for the past 8 years or more from either party.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12