Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: All States should start doing this

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    We should be careful with this one. If we can force the feds to pay for illegal immigrants and the problems they cost the states, then states might be able to force the government to pay for illegals as aid for illegals too. States should be able to expect the feds to help them with the cost of illegal immigration but only if the states can prove they are enforcing the law against illegal immigrants and especially if the states themselves can show laws against illegal immigration.

BUT as we all learned this week, it is the Feds responsibility to enforce the Laws of Immigration; hence the FEDS are responsible to protect US Citizens Equally and all. Thus the federal governmenth as openly NOW said that they OWN it, and if they OWN it they have to pay forit. If the states were to own the protection of its borders they would have State Troopers, or a State Police or Guard to protect its sovereign borders from any country, But they don't and CAN'T the feds say so. You cannot have it both ways, and the FEDS said that this week. Immigration is a FEDERAL issue,and thus they OWN it lock stock and Caboose! And actually I am glad; this relieves the states and imposes a clear and precise area of enforcement. Now to force the Feds into doing it is the biggest problem I see. But again if the FEDS are publically SHAMED by the STATES collectively and by the citizens collectively it could make a difference.

I see that the Feds now have made it clear they OWN Immigration enforcement Period!

So, again if you OWN it you FUND IT!

If I own my home, I protect it!

Ken
    Last edited by dregerk; 07-01-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Quote Originally Posted by dregerk View Post
    BUT as we all learned this week, it is the Feds responsibility to enforce the Laws of Immigration; hence the FEDS are responsible to protect US Citizens Equally and all. Thus the federal governmenth as openly NOW said that they OWN it, and if they OWN it they have to pay forit. ...

Ken
    I get you, but I think the SC decision is gibberish and can be ignored. It served to strike down some existing laws, but I'll bet it doesn't have the teeth to prevent new ones exactly like the ones it struck down. It's basically saying two different things at the same time. I hardly think it serves as any kind of argument against any new state laws enforcing against illegal immigration.

RELATED ..

Go Hoosiers! Indiana Sends Congress the Bill for the Cost of Illegal Aliens

By John Hill on July 1, 2012

Indiana is sick and tired of illegal aliens, and sicker still of the Federal failure to do something about them.

Last year they passed their own version of Arizona’s immigration law – which included mandatory E-Verify for all businesses, with penalties, verification of immigration status when passing out state welfare benefits, and a ban on the acceptance of Mexico’s fraud-friendly “Matricula Consular” card. Part of the law was blocked by a Federal judge, but the bulk remains in effect.

Part of that law also requires the state to calculate the annual cost of illegal aliens to the state – and bill Washington, D.C. for it. This year’s cost? $130.9 million.

Budget Director Adam Horst sent Congress a bill for the amount Friday. Congress is not expected to act on the request, however. It’s not like Indiana is asking to fund a bridge to nowhere or a Chinese wind turbine company.

Horst estimated $110.6 million of the state’s illegal immigrant costs have been for K-12 education. He estimated prison costs at $12.3 million and welfare costs at nearly $8 million.

And officials acknowledge that this estimate may in fact understate the actual cost by as much as 5 times! This, because school officials are not permitted to ask the immigration status of children in school, as Alabama’s HB56 mandates. Nor have officials yet obtained a recent estimate of illegal alien welfare access under the new law, or estimate welfare fraud or identity theft costs by illegal aliens. and most significantly, the figures do not take into account the anchor babies of illegal aliens and their massive cost to the state.

Our good friends at the Federation for American Immigration Reform FAIR have crunched those numbers, and their estimate for Indiana (2009) was a staggering $608.5 million – for a single state!

In all, FAIR estimates that illegal aliens cost the United States a mind-boggling $113 BILLION each and every year – far more than the annual estimated cost of the entire ObamaCare program. Gateway states like Arizona are hit especially hard, sunk by illegals to the tune of $2.5 billion a year.

In the recent U.S. Supreme Court ruling on S.B. 1070, Justice Anthony Kennedy asserted that immigration was to be governed by Federal laws, based upon the Constitution’s granting of the power of “naturalization” to the Congress.
    However Kennedy’s ruling has a clear flip side, another section of the Constitution that – if the Court compelled its enforcement – would make laws like Arizona’s and Indiana’s completely unnecessary…Article IV, Section 4:

“The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government,and shall protect each of them against invasion….”

We urge every other state to do what Indiana has done
    , and send their bills for illegal aliens to Washington, D.C. – but not to stop there. They need to SUE the Federal government for these costs, and to force the Feds to obey the charge our Founders commanded – SECURE THE BORDERS. Kennedy’s ruling sets a clear precedent to support such lawsuits.

Tell YOUR state representatives and Governor to demand Washington bureaucrats do their jobs to protect the states from illegal aliens, drug and human smugglers, gangs and “OTM” terrorists – secure the borders now, or pay the price.

source: Go Hoosiers! Indiana Sends Congress the Bill for the Cost of Illegal Aliens | Stand With Arizona
    Last edited by Jean; 09-13-2013 at 11:12 PM.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ADDED STAND WITH ARIZONA ARTICLE TO ALIPAC HOMEPAGE News with amended title ..

http://www.alipac.us/content.php?r=7...art-doing-this
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    I get you, but I think the SC decision is gibberish and can be ignored. It served to strike down some existing laws, but I'll bet it doesn't have the teeth to prevent new ones exactly like the ones it struck down. It's basically saying two different things at the same time. I hardly think it serves as any kind of argument against any new state laws enforcing against illegal immigration.
    Haven't read the SC one yet.....so I can't say anything about it...sorry.
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Last edited by JohnDoe2; 07-05-2012 at 09:57 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Not only should the states bill the Feds, the Feds should start billing the countries of origin. If we are going to provide a social safety net for some other countries' citizens, the least those countries should do is chip in and bear the major burden of the costs.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman View Post
    Not only should the states bill the Feds, the Feds should start billing the countries of origin. If we are going to provide a social safety net for some other countries' citizens, the least those countries should do is chip in and bear the major burden of the costs.
    Or just take it out of the MILLIONS WE give to those countries!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast