Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Am I an anchor baby/illegal alien?

Quote Originally Posted by poncho
    My parents came here illegally from Mexico. But then they received amnesty some years back. Then I was born. Am I considered by you an anchor baby or illegal alien, or do we have the same rights?
    Personally and my opinion only, you are still an illegal alien. If you are referring to the last major amnesty in the late 1980's This wasn't approved and passed by the majority American citizens.

As far as anchor babies go, this is one of the most ridiculous laws in the US of A that was originally to help out freed African slaves. The law as it was proposed was just so slaves could not be sent back to Africa. As it stands now, millions of illegal aliens and most from Mexico take advantage of the USA anchor baby free giveaway scam. That is, they come in the later months of pregnancy to birth their anchor babies (thus not paying the thousands per birth in hospital ER delivery charges. Then, they hook up their anchor babies to Medicaid at legal citizen taxpayer expense.

Then, the anchor babies being considered wrongly US citizens are able to "anchor" in the illegal parents, siblings and often numerous other relatives too and jump the line in front of foreigners who patiently want and go through the proper channels to immigrate LEGALLY to the USA.

Now, how is that for a scam that overtaxes and dupes the average American citizen.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    My parents came here illegally from Mexico. But then they received amnesty some years back. Then I was born. Am I considered by you an anchor baby or illegal alien, or do we have the same rights?
    Personally and my opinion only, you are still an illegal alien. If you are referring to the last major amnesty in the late 1980's This wasn't approved and passed by the majority American citizens.

As far as anchor babies go, this is one of the most ridiculous laws in the US of A that was originally to help out freed African slaves. The law as it was proposed was just so slaves could not be sent back to Africa. As it stands now, millions of illegal aliens and most from Mexico take advantage of the USA anchor baby free giveaway scam. That is, they come in the later months of pregnancy to birth their anchor babies (thus not paying the thousands per birth in hospital ER delivery charges. Then, they hook up their anchor babies to Medicaid at legal citizen taxpayer expense.

Then, the anchor babies being considered wrongly US citizens are able to "anchor" in the illegal parents, siblings and often numerous other relatives too and jump the line in front of foreigners who patiently want and go through the proper channels to immigrate LEGALLY to the USA.

Now, how is that for a scam that overtaxes and dupes the average American citizen.
    Actually, Annie, there is zero evidence that the law was ever meant to allow the children of people in this country illegally to be automatic citizens, and I do not believe that any law or stare decisis exists to back the idea that citizenship is conferred upon such individuals. Amendment XIV contains the specific disclaimer that people born on US soil who gain automatic citizenship are limited to "those subject to the jurisdiction (of the United States)." That disclaimer was meant to exclude children born to diplomats or foreign visitors or to invading hostiles, and would logically also exclude those foreign nationals entering the nation illegally. There is specific case law relating to foreign visitors and diplomats.

Your only an anchor baby if your parents used you to stay in this country and to receive money from taxpayers. Only you can answer this question, and I have to assume that your motives for asking aren't on the up and up.

Many college students from other countries use Anchor Babies to receive benefits. It is an epidemic and I will curse these laws to my grave. I do not like the redistribution of wealth (it is theft) and when I was in school I was poor...working..and supporting a family of five. I graduated. These people from other countries could afford nice cars and get a lot of money in food stamps (etc.) because their bank accounts were overseas.

Now I am doing well and pay enough in taxes to support many illegal aliens...and it burns my hide.

If your an anchor baby (see my definition above) then your parents are theives.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

Actually, Annie, there is zero evidence that the law was ever meant to allow the children of people in this country illegally to be automatic citizens, and I do not believe that any law or stare decisis exists to back the idea that citizenship is conferred upon such individuals. Amendment XIV contains the specific disclaimer that people born on US soil who gain automatic citizenship are limited to "those subject to the jurisdiction (of the United States)." That disclaimer was meant to exclude children born to diplomats or foreign visitors or to invading hostiles, and would logically also exclude those foreign nationals entering the nation illegally. There is specific case law relating to foreign visitors and diplomats.
    CG,

I don't know what the original law meant except I've read here and elsewhere that the "anchor baby" scam had a "legitimate" purpose when first put into law. After slaves were freed, it was to protect them from being deported back to Africa.

This is all I can say right now and I have read this in so many words. I will have to try to look it up soon.

But, hey, wait, you and I are both on the same side and team here.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

CG,

I don't know what the original law meant except I've read here and elsewhere that the "anchor baby" scam had a "legitimate" purpose when first put into law. After slaves were freed, it was to protect them from being deported back to Africa.

This is all I can say right now and I have read this in so many words. I will have to try to look it up soon.

But, hey, wait, you and I are both on the same side and team here.

Annie
    Yes, we a re definitely on the same team. I was just pointing out that there was a specific purpose for the addition of the phrase "and subject to the jurisdiction thereof" as made clear by Senator Jacob Merritt Howard, who had inisisted on the addition of that language. He said that "this will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons."

CG,

Sounds good to me!

Annie

MW
    You're not an anchor baby or illegal alien, you're a trolling butthead. Now, leave your personal identification home and go visit your grandma in Mexico.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There has never been a serious political debate about the legitimacy of "anchor babies", yet the left wants to debate the 2nd amendment endlessly, and the language of the 2nd amendment is far more clear. The anchor baby issue will drain this country eventually since there is no serious effort in sight to seal the border.

The anchor baby laws are another example of the laws of unintended consequences.

I found this post in a Spanish Forum

08-09-2006 06:16 PM (25 visitas)

dear zehfuss and lestad 75, first of all, we, the illegals are here and we will be here, no matter what your words or all the effort you people do we are going to be here, amnesty or not we will be here but i believe there's going to be an amnesty whether you like it or not and im assure you that theres going to be illegal people living in your neighborhood so you have 2 options:

1) get used to us the illegals or

2) get out of here!! and go live in another country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12