Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Am I reading this right???

There was a hoisting of the Brazilian flag on Boston City hall and they celebrated Brazilian Independence day in the U.S.? What the heck? This goes to show these people are not assimilated and do not want to be Americans or they would be celebrating
    U.S. Independence Day.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but if I am reading this the way it is written I am seething mad right now!

Description:

Thursday, September 7th, 2006

Brazilian Independence Day Festival! Come to see the hoisting of the Brazilian flag and a performance of the Brazilian National Anthem for the Civic Ceremony at 12:30 p.m. Boston City Hall Plaza - Government Center. Later that evening come to see a screening of the film "Vinicius de Moraes". 7pm at the Cine Regent, 7 Medford Street (off Mass. Ave) Arlington, MA. For more information contact "7 de septembro" committee at 617-787-0557 ext. 15 or go to www.verdeamarelo.org.

http://www.massjwj.net/node/566
    "What part of illegal don't you understand?"

They can hoist that rag on the ships mast that will be carring their tails back home.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just further evidence of the dissolution and balkanization of our country!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

More "multiculturalism."

The country is being treated like a generic commodity, without a need for a unifying language, culture, law, or flag.

Relevatism will be the downfall of us all--if we accept it.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    The country is being treated like a generic commodity, without a need for a unifying language, culture, law, or flag.

Relevatism will be the downfall of us all--if we accept it.
    agreed. it's a travesty

JAK
    America has to give up and move over for the rights of EVERYONE,
    EXCEPT Americans!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Next it will be the hammer and sickle (sic)
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

As we all know, If anything is going to be done, we`re the one`s that will have to do it.
    We may get the ball rolling in the right direction, but it will be generations
    before any major progress will be noticed.

How I wish I was wrong!
    ------------------------

I'm sorry, but I just had to come back to this. This makes me so angry! Ask the question: who is enabling this "celebration" to occur? Are the Brazilians rioting and demanding their "right" to hoist the Brazilian flag and sing their national anthem in the Boston town square? Not that I've heard of. So, what you've probably got is a bunch of "enlightened, multiculturalist elitists" who are encouraging this type of behavior. This is what is going on all over the country.

This never would have happened back 100 years ago, or even 50. I heard an interview with Pat Buchanan and he said something with which I agreed. With past waves of immigration, the immigrants were almost coercively required to assimilate. I am upset that these "immigrants" feel a need to celebrate the national holidays of their native lands, but I think in some ways that is a natural inclination. If I immigrated to another country, I would respect that country's culture and language. But if their leaders encouraged all Americans who lived in that country to have a celebration for the 4th of July, how many would turn down the opportunity?

What I am saying is that I put more of the blame on the cultural elitists who are ENABLING and ENCOURAGING this behavior. They are encouraging continued attachment to the immigrant's country of origin instead of encouraging them to identify as being Americans (I'm speaking here of legal immigrants now, not illegal--illegals shouldn't be here at all). This has just got to stop, but how do you stop it when the cultural elites--politicians, media, intellectuals--ENCOURAGE people to continue their attachments to their native lands instead of encouraging assimilation? This type of thing could not happen if it were made clear that these types of celebrations were not appropriate or acceptable. But the elites do not only not make this clear, they encourage these events!

There should be no celebration of a foreign country's independence day on US government property, whether local, state, or federal. And to think this is happening in BOSTON of all places!

ok--end of rant and I think I'm done now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast