Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What I am saying is that I put more of the blame on the cultural elitists who are ENABLING and ENCOURAGING this behavior. They are encouraging continued attachment to the immigrant's country of origin instead of encouraging them to identify as being Americans (I'm speaking here of legal immigrants now, not illegal--illegals shouldn't be here at all). This has just got to stop, but how do you stop it when the cultural elites--politicians, media, intellectuals--ENCOURAGE people to continue their attachments to their native lands instead of encouraging assimilation? This type of thing could not happen if it were made clear that these types of celebrations were not appropriate or acceptable. But the elites do not only not make this clear, they encourage these events!

There should be no celebration of a foreign country's independence day on US government property, whether local, state, or federal. And to think this is happening in BOSTON of all places!
    Agree with you 100% on this!!!!! I think it's enough to be open about all the other various relegions. There is no need for other countries holidays as well. If those nations personal holidays are so important......go there and celebrate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If incidents like this keep happening,pretty soon we'll be just a polyglot of tribes that live in a country with dozens of national flags and numerous holidays that celebrate hundreds of foreign Independence or Discovery Days and there will be enough political correctness to satisfy even the most radical groups.

The last time I checked this nation is still called the United States of America and there should be absolutely no public celebration of any other country's Independence Day except in a private setting if desired.One Independence Day should be celebrated by Americans and that is July 4th.If one is celebrating Independence Day on any other date,you have the wrong date or the wrong country!

You know things are really bad when the banks and govt offices are closed for the brazilian holiday or any other foriegn national holiday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    There should be no celebration of a foreign country's independence day on US government property, whether local, state, or federal.
    I agree. Americans give up all of our traditions and rights, for the rights of everyone else...that our culture may offend.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    What I am saying is that I put more of the blame on the cultural elitists who are ENABLING and ENCOURAGING this behavior. They are encouraging continued attachment to the immigrant's country of origin instead of encouraging them to identify as being Americans (I'm speaking here of legal immigrants now, not illegal--illegals shouldn't be here at all). This has just got to stop, but how do you stop it when the cultural elites--politicians, media, intellectuals--ENCOURAGE people to continue their attachments to their native lands instead of encouraging assimilation? This type of thing could not happen if it were made clear that these types of celebrations were not appropriate or acceptable. But the elites do not only not make this clear, they encourage these events!

There should be no celebration of a foreign country's independence day on US government property, whether local, state, or federal. And to think this is happening in BOSTON of all places!
    Agree with you 100% on this!!!!! I think it's enough to be open about all the other various relegions. There is no need for other countries holidays as well. If those nations personal holidays are so important......go there and celebrate.
    I do too, agree 100%. I was born in Spain, and I have never been part of any of those celebrations. Not enough that each one of those countries celebrate their independence day, they also have the RAZA parade? I really think it is ridiculous. If these events are so important in their lives, why did they leave their countries? Such thing should not be allowed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12