Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Welcome shinji. I'm sorry that the full legalization process is so darn time consuming. I think there is room for improvement as well.
    I also know someone that had a very similar situation as yourself. The time frame sounds about the same and this person spent somewhere in the neighborhood of about 12k-15k from start to finish (about 10 years too). I also think there is a valid argument to downplay country-of-origin allocations and possibly supplant that logic with more emphasis on skills, background, etc. (most other western countries apply such an approach).

On the flip side, you're correct in questioning those that are able to come here illegally (eg. the 'wrong' way) and, for the most part, 'live under the radar'. Those people should not be rewarded in any way and actively sought out and removed.

Anyway, we do appreciate that you CHOSE to do things the right (ie legal) way and invite you to stick around with us.
    I agree w/PhredE on this and I'm also glad you legally immigrated Shinji.
    Welcome to the US and welcome to ALIPAC Shinji!
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I bet there are so many people from around the world who would desperately love to come to the U.S. to live forever, but who would NEVER THINK of doing it illegally.

Those are the types of people we want and need in America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanx all for your support and understanding.
    It's hard to see people jumping the border while we had to wait almost a decade to get a Green Card LEGALLY. We are not US citizens yet, just permanent residents, but we already applied for citizenship. We can't vote either in presidential election and that sucks because we'd vote for any person that would encourage legal and discourage illegal immigration - Democrat, Republican or Independent - not really important what party. It's the issues that matter

Regards,

Shinji

You're welcome. Perhaps others who monitor this site will see your thread and understand us more too. We welcome those who have done it the right way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12