Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I think there is some new variation in the poll readings because the issue has been dormant for over a year.

The issue is now heating back up and as people explore both sides of this issue and the debate brings more attention to it, the opposition to legalization numbers will rise once again.

In fact, I think the attempt to legalize illegals is going to cause an even bigger uproar than before because of the depression like economy.

Now Where is this Rasmussen poll that says 65% of Americans feel illegals should be given a path to citizenship? I saw the ABC poll saying 61 percent, but you can't trust a poll from ABC.

ABC is firmly in the Open Borders bias classification.

W
    That's very true, but according to Lou Dobbs and other economic analysts the economy could begin to recover as early as this year. Who knows if that's true.

Still, I believe poll after poll has shown consistent results. Americans believe security and enforcement should be priority number 1 and take importance over legalization no matter what. But that only after that is done, is legalization a viable solution to the illegal population already in this country.

MW
    You wouldn't be in support of legalization for illegal aliens would you, DirtySouth?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome, DirtySouth!
    And while I have no idea of the funding of Rasmussen, let me just say that I took an online Zogby poll. The first few pages of questions were innocent enough (about vacation time, etc.) about page 5 or 6 there were questions about when I had last visited New Jersey and would I go to one of their beaches, and why not. Apparently the New Jersey Bureau of Tourism was funding this "scientific" study. That is my problem with professional pollsters, as you never really know what client they are trying to satisfy and may skew their questions. All I know is that someone has to be paying them to conduct these things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DIRTY SOUTH, WELCOME!!!

WELCOME TO A GROUP WHO HAS COMMON SENSE!!!

WELCOME! GLAD TO HAVE A FRESH MIND ON BOARD.

Speak up... this is what we need to do! may be, just may be some day some one will hear us

The more complex and difficult it gets ... the better that it gets

keep on going!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm more concerned about stopping the flow of foreigners coming into this country unrestricted and illegally. I don't care where they come from, but this has to end, one reason being that our infrastructure and schools cannot continue to take the beating. We cannot lets this go on for another 10 - 50 years, we just can't. I'm posting these numbers to demonstrate that on this particular issue (legalization) Americans continue to be divided. We as Americans rely on our own judgment and daily experiences when making decisions on various political issues and so only we know why we make the decisions we make. Americans take issue with both sides.

I and many Americans are reluctant to stand behind the legalization argument when we hear of groups such as the Reconquistas or Atzlan. The people in these groups feel that they're not American, that America stole "their" land, and that they must take it back. Why would any American who loves their country dearly stand for such disdain and hatred. The answer is no one. They're much like the terrorists hell bent on destroying this nation. Groups like these scare Americans. And then you have the people illegally here who are just as unappreciative to be here and continually disrespect the country. They do not take the initiative to learn English and take issue when they're told to do so. Many feel they can take advantage of the system without giving back anything in return. It's important to note that not everyone behaves this way, but a significant chunck of them do.

On the other hand, the issue I and many Americans take with some members (not all mind you) of groups like ALIPAC is the constant indirect negativity towards anything Mexican even toward people living in America who happen to have Mexican roots (since illegals do consist mostly of Mexicans). It might simply be due to frustration and anger, but Americans who are not activists hear that and are given the incorrect impression that these kind groups just dislike anything Mexican and thus their pursuit of putting a stop to illegal immigration. The young generation more than ever is coming into contact with Latino Americans whether it be in school, television, friends, in public, etc and do not subscribe to such sentiments. Winning the hearts and minds of the young generation will become increasingly important in the coming years and so this negative attitude has to change or risk alienating them.

And so your left with half of Americans supporting one side, and the other half the other side. It all comes down to changing the perception.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I'm more concerned about stopping the flow of foreigners coming into this country unrestricted and illegally. I don't care where they come from, but this has to end, one reason being that our infrastructure and schools cannot continue to take the beating. We cannot lets this go on for another 10 - 50 years, we just can't. I'm posting these numbers to demonstrate that on this particular issue (legalization) Americans continue to be divided. We as Americans rely on our own judgment and daily experiences when making decisions on various political issues and so only we know why we make the decisions we make. Americans take issue with both sides.

I and many Americans are reluctant to stand behind the legalization argument when we hear of groups such as the Reconquistas or Atzlan. The people in these groups feel that they're not American, that America stole "their" land, and that they must take it back. Why would any American who loves their country dearly stand for such disdain and hatred. The answer is no one. They're much like the terrorists hell bent on destroying this nation. Groups like these scare Americans. And then you have the people illegally here who are just as unappreciative to be here and continually disrespect the country. They do not take the initiative to learn English and take issue when they're told to do so. Many feel they can take advantage of the system without giving back anything in return. It's important to note that not everyone behaves this way, but a significant chunck of them do.

On the other hand, the issue I and many Americans take with some members (not all mind you) of groups like ALIPAC is the constant indirect negativity towards anything Mexican even toward people living in America who happen to have Mexican roots (since illegals do consist mostly of Mexicans). It might simply be due to frustration and anger, but Americans who are not activists hear that and are given the incorrect impression that these kind groups just dislike anything Mexican and thus their pursuit of putting a stop to illegal immigration. The young generation more than ever is coming into contact with Latino Americans whether it be in school, television, friends, in public, etc and do not subscribe to such sentiments. Winning the hearts and minds of the young generation will become increasingly important in the coming years and so this negative attitude has to change or risk alienating them.
    And so your left with half of Americans supporting one side, and the other half the other side. It all comes down to changing the perception.
    Great points, I think you will find that here people are respectful. We get frustrated sometimes and say smarty remarks but I have never seen a hateful post. A lot of us are Latino, married to, etc. It is about the rule of law before our wonderful Country crumbles under the weight of this madness.

Welcome to Alipac DirtySouth! Glad to see you here
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

people keep voting for these liberals like obama-so whats the use?

bush sent back the gormleys to south Africa- the whites who applied with paperwork to stay, but bush sent them back

we have few on our side

i feel America is going to hell

it may become a huge Chicago

how many members on this forum? how many are running for office?

i bet few if any

Re: America on the legalization of illegal aliens

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth
    America divided on the legalization of illegal aliens

"The issue of whether to legalize the vast numbers of illegal aliens residing in this country or not has been a hot topic issue and at the forefront of anti-illegal alient activist groups such as ALIPAC (Americans for Legal Immigration). The debate centers around the question of why a group of people who entered the country illegally is entitled to such an opportunity when countless of other individuals have been waiting for years to become American citizens the legal way. As you may have guessed the other side presents the case that the alternative, deportation, would be inhumane and unjust and put a dent in America's image around the world.
    Who wrote this? I didn't see it at the link.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12