Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We also realize that immigration reform is a complex issue.
    for those of us in favor of legal immigration, it's a very simple issue -- enforce the immigration laws on the books and secure the border --- K.I.S.S. -- keep it simple stupid
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

MAYDAY-MAYDAY RALLY

In response to the boycott of America on May 1st, here is Idaho we are going to do something different. There will be a "Mayday-Mayday" rally at the Lakeview Park (16th and Garrity) in Nampa on Monday, May 1 from 4 to 8 pm. Close Our Borders Committee has reserved the park.

The hope is to have as many people as possible show up with their own old-fashioned AMERICAN snacks, picnics, barbeque grills, any variety of games - from jump ropes to hulla-hoops to hoseshoes to frisbies to BASEBALL!

A celebration of American culture would be great on protest-day!

I hope there are a lot of counter protest going on may the first, just be careful people ok! There were some americans who tried to counter protest during the last illegal immigration and were sent to the hospital with injuries for their trouble. I would be very hesitent to have my any kids in the counter protest unless they can be well protected by police at the counter protest. I fear this is going to be a huge protest and things could spiral out of hand in a hurry so just be careful.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I believe that most of the protest involving illegal aliens will be in Boise at the capitol building where they have been held previously. We are just a group of families getting together to celebrate American culture with our favorite past times.

I do understand your corner about violence. I can say that each time there is a protest there hasn't been any injures that I am aware of. We are gonig to be careful and take all precautions.

At a protest a few weeks ago, the COUNTY COMMISSIONER ROBERT VASQUEZ (candidate for congress as well www.vasquezforidaho.org) and group was surround by secuirty as they were leaving. Security feared for the saftey after they were surrounded by the mob! Talk about intimidation! It was a sad sight. I do admit that it worked in our favor because the way the news reports went, it made the huge mob sound as if they were violent.

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I hope there are a lot of counter protest going on may the first, just be careful people ok! There were some americans who tried to counter protest during the last illegal immigration and were sent to the hospital with injuries for their trouble. I would be very hesitent to have my any kids in the counter protest unless they can be well protected by police at the counter protest. I fear this is going to be a huge protest and things could spiral out of hand in a hurry so just be careful.
    sounds like a bunch of 'vigilantes' to me, but that's a word that's reserved for peaceful citizens
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I am also spending on May 1st.

But I hope we can make our protest against supporters of the boycott last much longer (months, years) than the one day of their protest. What I call long term pay-back.

That is great all of you are planning to spend. I am going to post something tomorrow about all of this...In short, we and every other not supporter need to stay away from the marches. Heard some stuff tonight and will pass it along when I figure out how to.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

What gets me the most is that I don't think any of you understand how easy it is to take down McDonalds.

Hint: It's global, it is a franchise, it is standardized, etc.

The only reason I do not want to take them down is because they do some AWESOME charity work. VERY VERY awesome. Especially for families and children with very difficult life threatening situations.

Mickey D's takes a lot of heat. They also do a lot of good.

Leave McDonalds out of it. This company does give back tenfold.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12