Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans Deserve Some RESPECT

In my opinion, Americans themselves are the ones who are treated with extreme disrespect by many in this country, starting at the top of the ladder and working it's way down.

The U.S. has become so watered down by massive and mostly illegal immigration, because too many don't care. When elected officials propose giving criminals, people who have broken one of the most basic laws that we have, AMNESTY they are literally spitting in the face of every American, man or woman, black and white and each and every American child.

Sometimes I feel that I am here working for what is right, fair and just for the American people in vain. Sometimes I just want to say, "Okay, take the country and turn it into a divided, lawless, unjust piece of crap if you want. BUT don't come knocking on my door, when you're looking for "good, patriotic and brave Americans" to shed their blood for oil, or whatever the heck else you have in mind. Because I will say, "NO." You go, elected officials, or at least send your own children first. You create most of these messes, you clean them up. Remember, the people who committed the acts of 9/11 were because of the lax and pathetic job being done by our negligence in enforcing immigration laws.

I want to close my heart to helping people and caring about others because being a good American today only means bringing saddness, frustration, hardship and disaster to yourself and to other Americans.

Respect those who disrespect America, that is the message this miserable example of an American, George Bush and his entire administration give to the American people. Unless people stand up and let this dictator oriented, self-serving, frightened and running president know that you think he's a supporter of crime, than you should kiss your freedom and all that you believed about America goodbye.

If his amnsesty plan gets through, let me be the first to let all illegals know, that you do not even KNOW what you are entering into. You are not getting citizenship to the America that once was, you are getting a free ticket to continued poverty and a continuation of never having any rights, other than possibly freedom of speech. But even a dictator can allow freedom of speech, all they have to do is ignore it and the speech is rendered useless. The America which is being handed to you on a silver platter will eventually be worse than what you came from.

If I was in Iraq serving under this false leader GB, I'd be furious at the treatment my so called CIC was giving to my family and fellow Americans back home. I'm beginning to wonder it our troops are REALLY hearing the full story about what is really happening back home. Do they know that their president is spitting in the face of 85-90% of the American people?

Maybe THEY are the ones who we should be making our appeal to. Maybe THEY are the ones we should be writing to and asking them to PLEASE stand up to this falsified president, and help us back home. Our voices are being ignored by the very person who has asked you to risk your life. You are serving George Bush, you are not serving America.

Now we will watch George Bush push, pull and even bribe Congress to pass an amnesty plan. "For the people, by the people", GONE. It disappeared on election day 2004 and it will take a MIRACLE to now get it back.

America today is, "For George Bush, By George Bush". Like it, lump it, or leave it. And you know what, I bet he'd love to see the truest of Americans, those who stand by our Constitution and all that America is suppose to be OUT. Leave. He would stand there with his smart----- attitude and hold the door for you, as you depart HIS country.

Americans when you think illegals have no country, maybe you better go and take a look in the mirror. Illegals have TWO countries, you have zero.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I enjoyed reading this seemingly dispairing rant, mostly because my experience in this country has been that Americans do not respect themselves. For example, go into any classroom, and the only ones actually saying the pledge of allegience, standing straight and with respect in their voice are the children of immigrant families, some of which came illegally. The american kids, especially the white and african american ones are usually slouching, whispering to each other or inventing their own words to the pledge. (i'm a teacher of Cuban descent, born in New York, served in the Reserves during Desert Storm, unfortunately in the US instead of abroad like I wanted to, but a soldier can only do what he is told. My brother served faithfully as a member of the 7th Infantry Div as an Airborne unit, and would have been in a Ranger Unit, however after passing all the tests, he was told by the Gov't that, since he was born in Cuba and despite the fact that his Parents were, by then American CItizens, he could not be given the security clearance. Mind you, he came here when he was 4 and remembers nothing of Cuba, but that's how the law is. Of course, they couldn't have told him that before going through all of Ranger school. ...anyway, just to give a little background.)

Now, to address your fears and concerns. -- What do you mean by ..."watered down?" if anything is watering down american culture...it's american culture and it's fascination with having things done faster cheaper and with as little thinking as possible ... that's why the movie industry thinks movies with subtitles can't make money ...they don't expect americans to watch a movie AND read at the same time ... someting most immigrants do as a matter of habit, by the way...

Now, that BASIC LAW that we have ... which Law is that? I decided to look up the word basic ... and the definition give is at, of, or forming the base; fundamental ... And as far as I know the fundamental Law of this country states that we are a republic, a representative government and it goes one to deliniate how that is to work. As far as I know, there isn't a single illegal immigrant who has successfully broken those laws.
    Then we go on to the Amendments to the Constitution (our BASIC LAW) and we find: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

hmmm..... I can't see how an illegal immigrant could break that law ...If anything the government often breaks this law with regard to the people, since the Constitution doesn't specify that it's laws or amendments only apply to Citizens.

Lets see... well look at that! The Fifth Amendment applies to illegal immigrants too! and guess what, they can't be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process ... .hmmm ... it sounds like the Government breaks its own BASIC LAW sometimes when it involves illegal immigrants.

hmm.. well the BASIC LAW doesn't seem to say anything with respect to people who come to this country and don't "check" in with the Government first. It's not even until amendment 14 ...1868 that the mention of Citizen is even made ... and it extends the right to trial, etc. to any person, citizen or non.

Now, for the good stuff. As far as I know, if you take the number of a group in the general population, say whites ... and then take that number of those who commit crimes and get a percentage .... Illegal immigrants have the LOWEST crime rate ... you know why? most of them are too busy trying to feed their family on extremely low incomes. as a matter of fact if all you do is divide up Citizens from Non-citizens and compare crime rates, there is a HUGE difference in how many more crimes are commited by Citizens than non-citizens ... so if anyone is sending this country to hell in a hand-basket ...its the Citizens ... It's funny, as far as I know, illegal immigrants didn't vote for the people in charge ... During Vietnam when many descendants of illegal immigrants and illegal immigrants faught and died .... there were no significant enclaves of immigrants who voted anyone into power.

well, I have to get back to teaching my class ... I'll trying and get to the rest of this speech.

OUCH!! You are so POINTEDLY correct in all those assessments, legalcitizen. We have ZERO.

I don't know how the military serving GB would NOT know of the facts of our situation at home. They have satellite television, Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC. They are not denied news. It's just that the news is biased as it can get. CNN and Lou Dobbs are the only outspoken ones that I know of altho O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes touch on the problem sometimes.

I'm sure they know that they are in a quagmire from which we will not escape for many years. I'm sure that the National Guard knows that an overseas deployment is NOT what they were formed for nor volunteered to do.

I'm sure they know of the risk to their lives due to the neglect of Rumsford and Bush. Body armor that doesn't armor, humvees without enough armor to protect a tomato can. Along with the frustration of long delayed pay and the probable loss of their jobs due to their long deployments. Some are even being held well past their enlistment dates, without their permission. What would one call THAT??

They nonetheless must stay the course or be called AWOL or worse, a deserter. Then they could spend years in the military prisons or even be shot. I'll bet they don't like their positions any better than we do.

And how about those 'staged and rehearsed' interviews with the CIC?? A script written for them. Will you EVER trust any interview or press conference in which GB takes part? I won't. I didn't anyway after I saw him standing in front of the 'crowd of 'Americans' and blowing off about these 'poor people walk for days across the burning desert and suffer the frigid nights' etc etc. That's not verbatim but it's very close. No one said a word. Any TRUE AMERICAN in that crowd would have thrown their shoes at him...at the very least boo'd him to kingdom come.

American is a nation reportedly 'divided'...uh uh, honey. Too large a percentage of us want the immigration laws enforced...want the border secured...want the illegals of every nation out of here. We've made that abundantly clear. NOW we have to do the real work of getting those career politicians OUT...GONE...FINISHED...WIPED OUT...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Jhaerlyn -

Now, for the good stuff. As far as I know, if you take the number of a group in the general population, say whites ... and then take that number of those who commit crimes and get a percentage .... Illegal immigrants have the LOWEST crime rate ...
    They probably have a lower crime rate because they are a minoritory in the population.

Check out:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-38171-.html#38171

Here are some interesting numbers. I used the North Carolina Department of Corrections web site.

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/apps/asqExt/ASQ

I did reports for “All DCC Population� 6-30-1995 (earliest date they had) and “All DCC Population� 6-30-2005 (latest date they had). I did the search by Country of Birth and Crime Category. For countries I chose Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua.

For the 1995 report only El Salvador, Guatemala and Mexico had people listed for a total of 951 of which 945 were from Mexico.

For the 2005 report, all the countries had people listed for a total of 4,357 which breaks down like this:

Belize – 2
    Costa Rica – 15
    El Salvador – 182
    Guatemala – 157
    Honduras – 224
    Mexico – 3,768
    Nicaragua – 9

Since Mexico has the larger number I’ll compare some of the crimes.

Murder 2nd Degree – 6
    Manslaughter – 3
    Assault – 89
    Sexual Assault - 3
    Other Sexual Offense – 13
    Drugs – Non Traffic – 58
    Drugs – Traffic – 1
    Driving While Impaired – 481
    Other Traffic Violations - 130

Murder 2nd Degree – 4
    Manslaughter – 15
    Assault – 436
    Sexual Assault – 19
    Other Sexual Offense – 42
    Drugs – Non Traffic – 350
    Drugs – Traffic – 32
    Driving While Impaired - 2,032
    Other Traffic Violations – 374

Let's see.... a state prison population of 951 in 1995 then 4,357 in 2005. Sounds like the immigrant crime rate is rising a little. The Mexican nationals seem to be having a bit of trouble. 89 sentenced for assault in 1995 and 436 in 2005, 3 sentenced for sexual assault in 1995 and 19 in 2005. Oh, and the big one, 481 sentenced for DWI in 1995 and 2,032 in 2005. Yeah Jhaerlyn, a bunch of real outstanding law abiding citizens. And lets not forget that the ones who "don't "check" in with the Government first" when entering the country are commiting a felony violation of federal law.

At midyear 2004 there were 4,919 black male prison and jail inmates per 100,000 black males in the United States, compared to 1,717 Hispanic male inmates per 100,000 Hispanic males and 717 white male inmates per 100,000 white males

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/prisons.htm

Criminal aliensâ€â€

The immigration policy for any country is supposed to be for the primary benefit of it's existing citizens.

Immigrants are admitted because they are an indirect benefit to citizens and until they become citizens are supposed to benefit indirectly.

A nation whch practices policies which assist immigrants at the expense of their citizens is on the path of destroying it's own foundation.

The policy of a democratic country is set by democratic consensus. The people themselves decide what their best interests are and st a policy of how many people, from where, with what skills at time may immgrate. An illegal alien is someone who faced with the results of a democratic system treats it with contempt.

They have violated the will of the people determined by a democratic means. The illegals counterfeit our documentation to seek work and throw themselves on the very same people who they have just violated to receive a subsidized education, health and criminal enforcement.

Jhaerlyn, How dare you presume upon us.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB2012

They probably have a lower crime rate because they are a minoritory in the population.
    jhaerlyn, the fact is there are many factors that make the people you are referencing look like they don't commit many crimes.

• Sanctuary policy.
      Identity problems.
      If the crime is big enough, they will run back to the country of origin.
      Catch and release.

It is easy to distort numbers to your benefit.

When it comes to Americans and their children having no respect, I can see this happening in your classroom. Your anti-American attitude is appalling and a chilling thought and having you teaching our children in the first place. There is a story out there about an American teacher in Florida who was trampled upon and ran out of her school for making much less accusations and expressing simple concerns about what she sees in school, I wonder what would happen to you if this were to have light shown upon it? As for the illegals you reference saying the pledge with more pride than American children, take your poopsicle back. Statistics tell me that they don’t know the words to it. You just see what you want to see. You as a teacher are a complete atrocity, and I think you should take your anti-Semitic bag and go to cuba to teach there, your attitude would fit much better.

Now for the touchy-feely moment regarding your brother, are we supposed to chime in and cradle you? I sense you are feeing inadequate for being a reservist, and you feel that you needed to bring his story up to create some kind of tuff guy facade. I don’t feel sorry for him.

What do you mean by ..."watered down?" if anything is watering down american culture...it's american culture and it's fascination with having things done faster cheaper and with as little thinking as possible .
    This is funny, and I feel this is a great example of how inept your logic is jhaerlyn. What American would like to see his/her job go to some country because it can be done cheaper or faster (Because they can hire twice as many people for less)? What American would actually vote for something like that? You seem to be confusing the American civilian with the Fascist Corporate Dope, and the politician, they are the ones who scratch each others back, and love selling the American people out.

Now, that BASIC LAW that we have ... which Law is that? I decided to look up the word basic ... and the definition give is at, of, or forming the base; fundamental ... And as far as I know the fundamental Law of this country states that we are a republic, a representative government and it goes one to deliniate how that is to work. As far as I know, there isn't a single illegal immigrant who has successfully broken those laws.
    Then we go on to the Amendments to the Constitution (our BASIC LAW) and we find: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

hmmm..... I can't see how an illegal immigrant could break that law ...If anything the government often breaks this law with regard to the people, since the Constitution doesn't specify that it's laws or amendments only apply to Citizens.
    You make no sense here jhaerlyn. Of course there are laws pertaining to illegal immigration. I don’t see your point in trying to make it seem like there isn’t. Again, you say you are a teacher?

most of them are too busy trying to feed their family on extremely low incomes. as a matter of fact if all you do is divide up Citizens from Non-citizens and compare crime rates, there is a HUGE difference in how many more crimes are commited by Citizens than non-citizens ... so if anyone is sending this country to hell in a hand-basket ...its the Citizens ...
    Are we supposed to feel sorry again? Isn’t happening, there are millions of Americans trying to do the same thing. Too bad the illegals come from countries where the colors run. The difference is 230 million vs. 20 million, which is just a rough estimate, so of course there, is going to be a difference (Obviously you didn’t minor in statistics or Grammar/English). An added bonus for you, there is an offset in which makes the citizens handicapped. Police are hampered from identifying illegals and pursuing them, so what are they left with, American citizens to fill their daily quotas and arrests. Also if you would like to through this number in, anyone whom entered this country broke a law to begin with so you can add the conservative estimate of 20 million in on the number of illegals that are Federal criminals. For your last line, I see you agree that things are going “hell in a hand-basket�. We the People will rectify that problem if our elected officials and voting power doesn’t fix it.

In my conclusion jhaerlyn, you spew false data and you want people to believe it. You probably have eaten too many poopsicles and that is all you know to regurgitate. Sorry for the little box you live in, I hope you can find your way out some day. Oh, but you’re a troll and you just been pushed back under your bridge!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Hi there Jhaerlyn, thanks for the critique. You are right it wasn't the most eloquent speech that I made at just about the crack of dawn this morning after getting up at 5am to make kid's lunches, then driving the kids to school, then coming home and posting this before going to work for 11 hours today. It was more of a rant for sure.

First of all thanks for all the military service you've given to our country. That is great, sorry you never got overseas as you had hoped to. I come from a family with a lot of military background too, and I really like the military life, and I'm proud of all of our soldiers.

Well, at 10pm I won't be able to get into this too much, but just to address some of your assertions, let me throw a few back at ya.

First of all, to say that Americans "slump" and all of that during the Pledge and at that the illegal kids are standing straight and tall is hogwash. What a stupid thing to even say. Maybe they slump in your classroom because they sense your seemingly for a lack of better words anti-American attitude. Your post sounded pretty aggravated that Americans are upset about illegal immigration. That's what I call a "slump in the brain".

Secondly you try to claim that crime is less among illegals because they are so busy working.....what did I just tell you about myself. Married, mother of three, just got home from an 11 hour day. I'm an American, not an illegal alien. Don't try to go down that road.

Thirdly, by watered down, I meant just exactly that. Our children are getting a very watered down education, and a watered down indoctrination of Americanism because of the numbers of people in our school system who don't speak English, and who don't know America's history, and who could care less. We lived in Miami for several years, my husband was born and raised there.....I know what I mean by watered down.

By the way, I speak Spanish almost fluently, but I absolutely refuse to speak it anymore. Also, as I said we lived in Miami for a long time. We were surrounded by Cubans, and I have MANY very close friends who are Cuban. I have nothing against "being Cuban", I have everything against being "anything other than American, and being in this country illegally, unless you are here legally".

By Basic laws, okay, as I said, it was early and it wasn't the most eloquent, but I do consider our immigration laws to be VERY basic to our country's safety and well-being.

Now, I have a question for you. In your post you said, that you had to "get back" to teaching. Is this what you do during the hours that you are being payed to teach ? My next question might be, Just exactly WHAT are you teaching the children ?

Have a good evening, Teacher. You sure taught me a lot.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi guys ...doing the research ...coming back with answers too ....but saw LegalUSCitizen's jibe and my work-ethic ...which is suprisingly "American" unlike my dad who worked 3 jobs when he got here from Cuba .... But I do work when I'm at work.

But since you ask, I teach several class-- Media Literacy is a 7th grade course in developing critical thinking skills and applying them to the media that one uses. Another class is an 8th grade course in computer applications, where I'm teaching students useful and proper strategies for doing research and not plagarising.... ripping people off. We also discuss the ethics of the internet and how to apply the "old world morals and laws" to their new virtual world.
    I also teach a video game development class. I have 5 sections of 20 to 25 kids of the first, 6 sections about the same size of the second ... and 9 kids in the gaming class.

As for what I do on my break ... like with any other Citizen, its my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaerlyn
    I enjoyed reading this seemingly dispairing rant, mostly because my experience in this country has been that Americans do not respect themselves. For example, go into any classroom, and the only ones actually saying the pledge of allegience, standing straight and with respect in their voice are the children of immigrant families, some of which came illegally. The american kids, especially the white and african american ones are usually slouching, whispering to each other or inventing their own words to the pledge. (i'm a teacher of Cuban descent, born in New York, served in the Reserves during Desert Storm, unfortunately in the US instead of abroad like I wanted to, but a soldier can only do what he is told. My brother served faithfully as a member of the 7th Infantry Div as an Airborne unit, and would have been in a Ranger Unit, however after passing all the tests, he was told by the Gov't that, since he was born in Cuba and despite the fact that his Parents were, by then American CItizens, he could not be given the security clearance. Mind you, he came here when he was 4 and remembers nothing of Cuba, but that's how the law is. Of course, they couldn't have told him that before going through all of Ranger school. ...anyway, just to give a little background.)

Now, to address your fears and concerns. -- What do you mean by ..."watered down?" if anything is watering down american culture...it's american culture and it's fascination with having things done faster cheaper and with as little thinking as possible ... that's why the movie industry thinks movies with subtitles can't make money ...they don't expect americans to watch a movie AND read at the same time ... someting most immigrants do as a matter of habit, by the way...

Lets see... well look at that! The Fifth Amendment applies to illegal immigrants too! and guess what, they can't be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process ... .hmmm ... it sounds like the Government breaks its own BASIC LAW sometimes when it involves illegal immigrants.

hmm.. well the BASIC LAW doesn't seem to say anything with respect to people who come to this country and don't "check" in with the Government first. It's not even until amendment 14 ...1868 that the mention of Citizen is even made ... and it extends the right to trial, etc. to any person, citizen or non.

Now, for the good stuff. As far as I know, if you take the number of a group in the general population, say whites ... and then take that number of those who commit crimes and get a percentage .... Illegal immigrants have the LOWEST crime rate ... you know why? most of them are too busy trying to feed their family on extremely low incomes. as a matter of fact if all you do is divide up Citizens from Non-citizens and compare crime rates, there is a HUGE difference in how many more crimes are commited by Citizens than non-citizens ... so if anyone is sending this country to hell in a hand-basket ...its the Citizens ... It's funny, as far as I know, illegal immigrants didn't vote for the people in charge ... During Vietnam when many descendants of illegal immigrants and illegal immigrants faught and died .... there were no significant enclaves of immigrants who voted anyone into power.

well, I have to get back to teaching my class ... I'll trying and get to the rest of this speech.
    Replace the word US with Rome and you have the reasons they collasped.