Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Americans Ready and Willing to Work Jobs Traditionally Reser

Americans Ready and Willing to Work Jobs Traditionally Reserved for Illegal Aliens
    Author: Mac Slavo
    March 8th, 2011

In past years, when debates about illegal immigration arose, many proponents of amnesty legislation argued that Americans were simply not prepared to work the jobs traditionally held by migrant workers. Jobs like dishwashers, cooks, lawn mowing and construction often require hard work and provide little pay with no benefits. The argument has been that Americans who grew up around video games, internet coffee shops and those that acquired Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in college were simply not interested in menial labor paying minimum wage.

As the economic crisis has deepened, however, with official unemployment / underemployment hovering around 17% and in excess of 43 million individuals in the US on government food assistance, the job paradigm we’ve become so accustomed to over the last several decades is rapidly shifting.

When the Pei Wei chain of restaurants in Arizona was recently raided by immigration officials, the company was forced to shut down several locations because they didn’t have enough legally employed staff members to operate. In turn, the company quickly posted advertisements and held a job fair to fill the positions left empty by illegal immigrants.

What happened next is real world evidence for those arguing that no one in America would work the bottom-of-the-barrel jobs in our society.

One job seeker and Pei Wei applicant, a former business owner with a master’s degree, shows us just how desperate of a situation those without jobs are in, and how far they are willing to go to put food on the table:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y34U07Cx ... r_embedded

I feel bad for those people losing their jobs, but if it means I get one then I am really happy that Sheriff Joe did what he did and I’ll send him a thank you letter.

I’ve got a family to feed.

It [8 dollars an hour] is better than zero dollars an hour.

If I weren’t so old, I’d consider doing yards for people.

Easy money, credit and the perception of boom times are giving way to reality.

People have no choice but to take whatever they can get. Americans in large and ever growing numbers are willing to work long hours in physically demanding jobs for very little pay.

Date: March 8th, 2011
    Visit the Author's Website: http://www.SHTFplan.com/

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/a ... s_03082011
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Jobs like dishwashers, cooks, lawn mowing and construction often require hard work and provide little pay with no benefits."

Correct me if I'm not remembering this correctly, but I recall in the early 90s and 80s 95% of these jobs being held by high school kids, young adults and retired seniors. Except for the construction jobs, I remember almost all of those jobs being held by young American men. Then practically over night almost all of these jobs were filled by Latin illegals. Then low and behold shortly after we hit a rock bottom recession. Gee wiz, wonder why that happened....

The liberals need to wake up to reality and admit that there ARE Americans who are willing to and NEED to do these jobs. This is nothing new, it has been that way all along but the liberals want to make excuses for the illegals to steal these jobs.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    "Jobs like dishwashers, cooks, lawn mowing and construction often require hard work and provide little pay with no benefits."

Correct me if I'm not remembering this correctly, but I recall in the early 90s and 80s 95% of these jobs being held by high school kids, young adults and retired seniors. Except for the construction jobs, I remember almost all of those jobs being held by young American men. Then practically over night almost all of these jobs were filled by Latin illegals. Then low and behold shortly after we hit a rock bottom recession. Gee wiz, wonder why that happened....

The liberals need to wake up to reality and admit that there ARE Americans who are willing to and NEED to do these jobs. This is nothing new, it has been that way all along but the liberals want to make excuses for the illegals to steal these jobs.
    Good point. Americans have ALWAYS been willing to take these jobs -- recession or no recession. The existance of illegals in the workforce itself was the disincentive for Americans to work in these industries. The wages for this work was illegally and artificially under-cut, which drove Americans into service sector industries which are easier but still low paying. Americans should be doing these jobs at a living wage.

However, I wouldn't exclusively blame liberals for the "jobs Americans won't do" myth. Plenty of free marketeers, libertarians, businessmen, corporatists etc promote this bull crap.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Banned
    Growing up in the 70s it was impossible to get a job in construction unless you had a relative or knew somebody , Very few hispanics in Calif did any construction work , it was a middle class union job , I wasn't in construction but I did learn a union trade with the help of my dad who was a union member.
    All of my friends worked at the other entry level jobs , dishwashing , fast food , etc , There were no illegals , or not that many in So Cal in those days and these jobs never went without workers

We don't need illegals and never have

A very stringent guestworker program for ag jobs I have no problem with
    But the way the dems have it wired is very few of them would stay at
    ag jobs.

Banned
    I mowed lawns every summer for extra money when I was In Jr High and High School In the 70's... There were no mexicans doing lawns,there was no graffiti ANYWHERE,and my High School was 85% white. That same high school today Is 90% mexican. Gangs,graffiti,drive by shootings,signs In spanish litter the city. The trains that run through the San Joaquin valley are 60% covered with grafffiti and gang monikers from all of the Illegals using them to Invade our country. The entire valley looks like a scene out of "saving private ryan" for gods sake We may be past the point of no return In central California....

Re: Americans Ready and Willing to Work Jobs Traditionally R

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Americans Ready and Willing to Work Jobs Traditionally Reserved for Illegal Aliens
    March 8th, 2011

When the Pei Wei chain of restaurants in Arizona was recently raided by immigration officials, the company was forced to shut down several locations because they didn’t have enough legally employed staff members to operate. In turn, the company quickly posted advertisements and held a job fair to fill the positions left empty by illegal immigrants.
    Articles like this are invaluable, because they show that when illegals are booted out, Americans will come right in and take those jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    We don't need illegals and neve have.
    Yep. An economy based on illegals is a false economy. Employers and illegals win big when Americans are shut out, but everyone else pays the price: more overcrowding, more crime, and of course the "anchor babies" which get their parents free housing, food stamps, and free health care.

It's difficult for unemployed Americans to form stable families. Unstable families make for unstable communities.

Americans should be able to see that their government is working for their best interests. That can't happen when what they see is that illegals are given priority for scarce resources.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade

There has been talk in my area of protesting in mass the job sites that hire illegals. Especially the jobs that have paid for with stimulus money and public projects.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    The current economis conditions have changed the feeling of many worker and that means legal workers that are unemployeed are more than willing to go and apply for jobs that they would never have considered years ago. Former engineers and grads with degrees now face working as janitors, fast food employees, and construction. Illegals now being employeed are now keeping legal citizens from finding employement in those lower end positions. We need to free up all jobs and that means removing ALL illegals from the workplace and replacing them with US workers. Illegals have not right to demand they be hired int he USA.

Banned
    bttt

Re: Americans Ready and Willing to Work Jobs Traditionally R

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Jobs Traditionally Reserved for Illegal Aliens
    "Since when did we reserve jobs for illegal aliens? Anyone?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast