Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This is ridiculous and disheartening. I forgot to post the entire title of the thread:

African Americans Disproportionately Hurt by Public-Sector Crisis

From the article:
    "The high unemployment rate is partly attributed to the large reduction of public sector jobs, which is the largest employer of black workers. One out of every five working African Americans are employed by the government, according to the labor department. That comes out to 19.8 percent of the black workforce, compared to 14.6 percent for whites and 11 percent for Hispanics."

"Even though the private sector has added almost 980,000 jobs after the official end of the recession, the gains have been offset by nearly half a million public sector cuts. Minorities in particular were already been hit hard by the recession and African Americans have faced historically higher jobless rates than other racial and ethnic groups."

The unemployment rate for Blacks is the highest of any racial group in America. If they weren't already screwed, they're going to get more screwed over by the reduction in government. Where are they supposed to go? Most have no college degree and some don't even have a high school diploma. They're going to need government assistance while they find jobs in the private sector, but we're losing those jobs too so what are they to do!? Coupled with our failing education system. our Black youth are going to be the most affected in a negative way.

mod added http://www.inthesetimes.com/working/ent ... americans/

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    my truck is 12 years old. I purchased it brand new and take very good care of it (it was my 6th vehicle that I purchased brand new
    It can be more prudent to buy second hand a truck which has been on the road for two or three years.

Re: Americas Own: African Americans Disproportionately Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by patoloco
    Can anyone tell me what's going on?
    "Re-fried beans and Tequila sales are threw the roof!"

"Welcome Pato!
    Will you marry me Steve??????
    You dont have to marry him we will give him to you
    Ok, can you put a red bow around his neck (so I can identify him)and let me know where I can pick him up? Thanks in advance.

Off to work, have a nice day all!!!
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    WhatMattersMost

It is not a racial stereotype it is an average. I believe that you are being truthful. You are exceptional I congratulate you. There should be more Blacks like you.
    Thanks for the compliment. Congratulations not necessary, I was more determined and worked hard to beat the odds. However, the fact that the playing field in this country was disproportionate for so long, unfortunately continues to equal cause and effect.

I make no excuse but when generations of an entire group are stuck behind the 8 ball playing catch up and see very little to no change, they give up. Despite the post slavery corrections in America, too many people remained behind the 8 ball.

I gotta run but would like to continue this topic at another time. Have a nice day!

WhatMattersMost

It is not a racial stereotype it is an average. I believe that you are being truthful. You are exceptional I congratulate you. There should be more Blacks like you.
    Thanks for the compliment. Congratulations not necessary, I was more determined and worked hard to beat the odds. However, the fact that the playing field in this country was disproportionate for so long, unfortunately continues to equal cause and effect.

I make no excuse but when generations of an entire group are stuck behind the 8 ball playing catch up and see very little to no change, they give up. Despite the post slavery corrections in America, too many people remained behind the 8 ball.

I gotta run but would like to continue this topic at another time. Have a nice day!
    I agree with what you said here.

How do we break the habit of blacks being suspecious of every white person because of the past ?

Sure there was/is racial bias but it is on all sides,all ethnic groups, not just white people. It was white people (some gave their own lives) who helped break the racial barriers for blacks in the 60's.

It is time to forgive the past and stop teaching black children they are still not equal to whites. Then they will stand tall and not resent white people who had nothing to do with what happened in the past.

The NAACP are shit stirrers to stay relevant,so is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They love to stir the racial pot making children & their parents feel they are less then. Teaching them "Whitey" is the enemy of every person of color.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

WhatMattersMost

If I might make an addition to this:

"There should be more PEOPLE like WMM period."

I only wish I'd have been able to do all that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

my truck is 12 years old. I purchased it brand new and take very good care of it (it was my 6th vehicle that I purchased brand new
    It can be more prudent to buy second hand a truck which has been on the road for two or three years.
    True that. Im nearly 42 years old and have yet to buy a brand new car. The one I've had currently now since 2008 was a year old when I got it and is the newest car I've ever owned.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    WhatMattersMost

How do we break the habit of blacks being suspecious of every white person because of the past ?

Sure there was/is racial bias but it is on all sides,all ethnic groups, not just white people. It was white people (some gave their own lives) who helped break the racial barriers for blacks in the 60's.

It is time to forgive the past and stop teaching black children they are still not equal to whites. Then they will stand tall and not resent white people who had nothing to do with what happened in the past.

The NAACP are V****V stirrers to stay relevant,so is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They love to stir the racial pot making children & their parents feel they are less then. Teaching them "Whitey" is the enemy of every person of color.
    This is all social engineering by the elites. They don't want us to band together. There are millions of black babies (those who've not been aborted) that need good families, but turds like Jackson and Sharpton have waged war against whites and hispanics who'd like to adopt them. To allow this would have made our unification even stronger and broke the dependency on govt. These two are truly the enemy not only of blacks, but the human race as a whole.

Re: Americas Own: African Americans Disproportionately Hurt

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Quote Originally Posted by patoloco
    Can anyone tell me what's going on?
    "Re-fried beans and Tequila sales are threw the roof!"

"Welcome Pato!
    Will you marry me Steve??????
    "Mrs. Roofer will be happy to hear this!" She's been tryin' to pawn me off for 27yrs. now and hasn't found any takers to date, "Damn! she's doin' the Happy Dance!" Are you Mormon by chance?"

Alone, I have purchased and sold 4 homes.

I have never filed bankruptcy.

I have never been late paying a bill in 35 years.

I have several investment assets, a 401k and a decent savings account.
    "Would I have to sign a prenupt?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    WhatMattersMost

The NAACP are V****V stirrers to stay relevant,so is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. They love to stir the racial pot making children & their parents feel they are less then. Teaching them "Whitey" is the enemy of every person of color.
    I totally agree with what you have stated. But you know what, personal responsibility would go a long way in curing some of my people's self inflicted wounds and social ills.

I speak from personal experience (unfortunately) I know that racism is alive and well in America. Unfortunately, even when those of us who don't condone it are dead and gone it will still be here. It's part of our history as a nation and some will never let us forget it.

That being said I also know from personal experience, you do not have to be a product of your environment. I am a descendant of slaves and grew up very poor, in the ghetto. There were 4 of us born to a single parent. Despite this fact, we were never on welfare. No one in my entire family has ever been on welfare. As a small child my grandmother took me to Civil rights marches, in those days black people had pride. Today, not so much.

As for Jesse and Al don't even get me started, I could make up some new cuss words that would get me banned instantly.

I would love to sit in a room full of white people and tell you all my entire hair raising story.

I can only hope that one day a true national dialogue of the races in America can be had without profiteers like Jesse and Al, the KKK and other race baiters who keep the racist BS going.

One thing I do know is the perpetual race war in this country was planned long ago and continues by design. A lot of people have and will continue to prosper keeping hatred and racial infighting alive.

United we stand, divided we fall . . . ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast