Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Amnesty Eight ... courtesy of NRO

A genuine hero (IMHO) in the current immigration battle has been Kathryn Jean Lopez of the National Review Online ... She has given us the "Amenesty Eight" and now the work is up to us. The NRO Editorial follows her brief article. I hope you will read it -- providing you have any rare downtime from the phones --Bob

Amnesty Eight [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

As you know, we lost one yesterday — we're one step closer to giving the president his amnesty plan. If you're a senator who cares about little things like law, though, you can still intervene and end your record of amnesty enabling. That's the gist of our editorial today. Senators Coleman, Bond, Nelson, Pryor, Ensign, Webb, Brownback, and Burr — that means you.

Amnesty Eight

[size=100]By The Editors/National Review Online

The Senate Tuesday voted to revive its misbegotten immigration bill, with the help of a handful of senators who claim to oppose amnesty but voted to proceed. They are now getting what they voted for, as H. L. Mencken put it, good and hard — with a 370-page “clay pigeonâ€

Thanks. I faxed every office of those on Laura Ingraham's site:

http://www.lauraingraham.com/

Bond (R-MO)
    Brownback (R-KAN)
    Burr (R-NC)
    Coleman (R-MINN)
    Ensign (R-NEV)
    Nelson (D-NEB)
    Pryor (D-ARK)
    Webb (D-VA)

Luckily that seems to be the ones to hit.

They voted to debate amendments - not really to "procede." I just don't think it is constructive to be scornful of them at this point. But I'm sure going to let them know we are here.

BTW, what is the next "tier" of Senators to work on? Anyone have a priority list?