Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty for Illegals

Here is what Bush said...

Some in this country argue that the solution is to deport every illegal immigrant and that any proposal short of this amounts to amnesty. I disagree. It is neither wise nor realistic to round up millions of people, many with deep roots in the United States, and send them across the border. There is a rational middle ground between granting an automatic path to citizenship for every illegal immigrant, and a program of mass deportation. That middle ground recognizes that there are differences between an illegal immigrant who crossed the border recently and someone who has worked here for many years, and has a home, a family, and an otherwise clean record. I believe that illegal immigrants who have roots in our country and want to stay should have to pay a meaningful penalty for breaking the law to pay their taxes to learn English and to work in a job for a number of years. People who meet these conditions should be able to apply for citizenship but approval would not be automatic, and they will have to wait in line behind those who played by the rules and followed the law. What I have just described is not amnesty it is a way for those who have broken the law to pay their debt to society, and demonstrate the character that makes a good citizen.

I wonder if it will then show up on their background check in the future? There's plenty of people who committed or were just accused of committing a crime (minor ones) that follow them the rest of their lives and they've paid their debt to society as well. Doesn't seem right to allow them a clean slate and not our own citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds good to me.

How can they do REAL background checks on people who are here illegally, anyway? I know illegals who have changed their names many times. How are they EVER going to know who these people REALLY ARE with all the FAKE documents flying around now?
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Quote Originally Posted by rebellady1964
    How can they do REAL background checks on people who are here illegally, anyway? I know illegals who have changed their names many times. How are they EVER going to know who these people REALLY ARE with all the FAKE documents flying around now?
    My thoughts too. How dumb do they think we are?

How dumb do we think THEY are?

Pretty dumb!

Background checks do not work on people that come from a place where there is no law and certainly few computers.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When you come into this country illegally,you have no right to stay here.
    I know people that have been waiting for their chance to come here legally,you know what they think about this plan of the president?
    They think it is a slap in their face, and so do I.
    Think of it this way.
    A man breaks into YOUR house, you catch him,then he says all i want is to live in your house,then you say, well being that you are here you can stay.
    This is bull, just like the presidents idea.

Welcome, Gordo! And yes, it's bull! But we can see right through it. Bush better know that we are smarter than he gives us credit for AND WE ARE NOT BACKING DOWN ON THIS ISSUE!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Thanks for the welcome,rebellady1964,I think i am going to enjoy this site,it is nice to have somewhere to come and find people who are as upset as i am with the way our country is headed.
    gordo.

This is THE place, Gordo, if you are concerned about illegal immigration! Have you contacted your senators to tell them how you feel? All of us here at ALIPAC are trying to keep their phones ringing off the hook. This invasion has to be stopped before it's too late.