Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Animal expert worries that birds won’t be able to fly over the border wall

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Animals on the brink of survival do not deserve to be stressed, many to the point of death. Fish & Wildlife stressed our last known jaguar to death. When species are down to a few due to the already stressed conditions of loss of habitat, increased temps, mans' vehicles, RVs, roads and other interference, would hate to be the only one of five known white sided jack rabbits that gets stuck on the other side or that single jaguar without a mate because it is on the other side.

Actually in looking at the wall pic of Smugglers Den, one could see it caused a lot of disturbance. Just like fracking, roads will be built to transport materials, equipment, lights, noise, workmen etc. It would be a total disturbance and it seems there could be other ways in the few unique eco-animal sensitive areas other than a concrete trump wall.

We have wildlife sanctuary & refuge areas for a reason. Our wild horses have "designated" lands by law that a portion is being leased cheaply to cattle ranchers - the wild horses are runoff off, rounded up, running sometimes till they have no hooves left - not nice at all, foal & mares dying during the cruel round ups - more are in holding pens than free on the range.

Must man make his presence in every single spot on earth? Is nothing in nature sacred, saved from man's intrusion? Are we not the stewards of this earth & its creatures/nature - we should be more sensitive to the few areas that are protected and not plow our way thru them too. Would be disasterous; an unrecoverable mistake - IMO
    Last edited by artist; 04-18-2017 at 07:13 PM.

we need to enforce our laws. Why hasn't Pres. Trump started investigating employers and making them prove they are hiring legal workers?

Why isn't he comparing 1099's to tax returns?
    Simplest solution ever - E-Verify EVERY JOB - they will be outta here so quickly w/o jobs - only those with legitimate work visas would have permission and that is the way it should be! They will never mandate e-verify because they know it would work to rid of us illegal aliens. Businesses would go bananas having to pay Americans a real wage.

What trump could do right away is straighten out the tax thing with their thousands $$$ returned per man in "earned income credit" for nieces & nephews living in mexico. A disgrace and insult to American citizens. Chop that off the budget.

Still don't know about e-verify. Again, I just think it isn't working. I don't usually decide about something by taking it at face value. First off, evidently it doesn't work. It could be not enough use it - maybe not. I just don't think anything put in place during either the administration of Pres. Bush or Obama would be a really effective tool. But, since that is just an opinion, I'll not take a stand on it until I know more. I've heard conflicting reports from people who have used it.

I am with you on the 'Unearned income tax credit'.

This Smuggler's Den is in Maine - am I right? I had to look it up.

I am more concerned than most about endangered species - truly I am.

But yes, endangered species will be affected - there's no way around it. Whatever we do on that border or don't do will affect them.

If we build a wall, it will have an affect - including the construction, etc. If we send troops, that will have an effect. If we don't do anything, the illegals and their destruction will have an effect. Just wonder when the illegals take over this country - how mindful will they be of the endangered species?

I believe Mrs. T. Boone Pickens bought some land for the wild horses. The amount of land varies by report - from 1M to 14K, but she is going to save a lot of them. If so, it will be good. I'm not sure it is all that altruistic - I'm thinking our government is going to pay her for keeping them. They already pay people to 'board' wild horses.

I wish I knew more about the public lands and who gets to lease them? How much they pay?

45,000 wild horses in holding pens that industry wants to sell to slaughter in mexicio for human consumption abroad. There are even proponents of opening our horse slaughter houses here again. A total mismanagement of our great American symbol of the west. The land grab will be growing more than ever with gas, oil, mining exploration everywhere they can. That is also why they want all creatures off the endangered list - it prohibits the use of their habitat for industry. "In Wilderness is the Preservation of the World"..Thoreau

Tbone's ex wife has a horse sanctuary but houses nowhere near the numbers needed to release those in holding pens; they need to be released back into their lands - give it back to them and kick the freeloading ranchers off - they are using designated horselands for minimum $ lease price.

E-verify is not being used except for very few gov't jobs - it has to be mandated for all jobs to work. the Chamber of Commerce will make sure it is never mandated. They are upset by calling for less visa workers now - they stand by illegals and cheap labor.

In this geeky-techy age, THERE ARE METHODS TO DETECT AND DIFFERENTIATE MAN OR BEAST. We also have drone technology that could hover way up high with man power at a station area far enough away but close enough to catch intruders. The surveillance world is chock full of modalities that can be used in sensitive wildlife sanctuaries.

Illegals do not care @ pollution, environment, endangered species, overpopulation - all the more reason to fill the country up with them - they can't even read English - perfect for gov't hard to read papers.

Smugglers Gulch or Den is in California, in or near San Diego area - it was built years ago but was a great disturbance to the ecosystem and you can see why - also can see why it was needed as it was a main smuggling route.

The U.S. government filled in Smuggler's Gulch with a structure resembling an earthen dam and built a triple-thickness border fence topped with razor wire, flood lights, remote sensors, and cameras to deter nighttime crossings.

For decades, traffickers would smuggle everything—cattle, people, moonshine, cocaine—through this canyon, making it one of the most treacherous places along the border. In the 1990s, Smuggler's Gulch was a prime route for undocumented migrants attempting to enter the United States.

The Smuggler's Gulch fence is part of a 60-million-dollar project to install triple fencing over the final 3.5 mile (5.6 kilometers) of fence between San Diego and Tijuana.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ooks-right-now
    Last edited by artist; 04-20-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123