Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another Chinese Recall: This time its Baby Cribs

Cribs Sold By Bassettbaby Recalled Due to Entrapment and Strangulation Hazard:
    Sold Exclusively at Babies R Us
    WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.
    Name of Product: Wendy Bellissimo Collection Convertible Cribs

Units: About 8,900

Importer: Bassettbaby, of Bassett, Va.

Manufacturer: Goodbaby Child Products Company Ltd., of China

Hazard: The bolts connecting the top corners of the crib can come loose, creating a gap and posing a serious entrapment and strangulation hazard.

Incidents/Injuries: Bassettbaby has 85 reports of bolts loosening, including one report of a 13 month-old child’s hand becoming entrapped between the railings.

Description: This recall involves Wendy Bellissimo Collection convertible cribs, model numbers 5945-0521 and 5545-0521, sold in honey and cherry finishes. The full size cribs have a sleigh design and one of the following purchase order numbers at the bottom rail of the headboard: 272903, 272904, 273904, 276728, 276729, 291081, 323975, 324472, 320318, 323976, 332883 365620, 368466 in honey, and 338535, 338537 and 332884 in cherry. All other Wendy Bellissimo Collection cribs are not involved in this recall.

Sold at: Babies R Us stores nationwide from July 2005 through October 2007 for about $500.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these cribs immediately and contact Bassettbaby for a free repair kit.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Bassettbaby at (88 897-4689 between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. ET daily, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.bassettbaby.com
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

MW
    Geez, is it ever going to stop?

About Bassett Furniture

For more than 100 years Bassett has provided families with well-made, affordable home furnishings. It was the mission of our founders to make quality furniture at a price that families could afford. That same goal remains today. Today’s Bassett is a group of over 130 stores located in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada. Bassett stores offer affordable, finely crafted furniture, lamps, rugs, mirrors and artwork for every room of the home.

Much of Bassett’s furniture and accessories can be delivered almost immediately. Bassett also offers customization programs for upholstery, dining, home storage and home entertainment furniture. The customization programs are sophisticated - offering multiple customizable options for each piece of furniture, with delivery in as little as 30 days.

Bassett shopping experiences are easy and enjoyable thanks to the services of professional Design Consultants. Design Consultants can coordinate an entire house full of furniture purchases including in-home visits or simply offer an opinion. All Design Consultant services are complimentary.

In recent years, Bassett has expanded its offerings to include a wide range of stylish, high-quality lamps, rugs, mirrors, artwork, bedding and accessories so that it’s easy for customers to furnish an entire coordinating room with one visit if desired.
    http://www.bassettfurniture.com/company/index.asp

Another American company willing to kill their consumers simply so they can cut production costs with cheap labor. This is getting beyond ridiculous!

Anyone got a comprehensive list of American companies that are producing and manufacturing goods outside the United States?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Twleve years ago, our oldest grandchild had a high chair that collapsed with no warning, either trapping the baby, hanging by the neck against the tray, or falling forward on the child.

After it happening a couple of times, my husband took it back to Wal Mart and insisted on his money back. They would not refund as they said there had been no recall and they were not responsible for the malfunction. They said we would have to contact the company - don't remember which.

That doesn't work with my husband and Wal Mart did refund the money and in about a month, there was a recall on the product.

Let's try something besides Chinese this year.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trade with China has been and is a mistake however if the rich could not
    live without the huge profits at the very least try to maintain some form of
    quality control.

As a senior citizen who has worked in quality control during my working
    life I have never seen such poor products being pushed on the public,
    while I understand the consumer is somewhat at fault for not taking more
    time to research products we now live very busy lives and do not buy
    with a critical eye.

What is needed a super tough consumers union that cannot be purchased,
    test and distribute info on the various poor products but greed is king in
    America and it is a tough foe.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Consumers have to take control of this situation and refuse to buy products from China. I realize the majority of products being sold are manufactured in China, but if we continue to purchase this crap, we will continue to receive crap.

I am so thankful my son is beyond the toy stage. However, I think if he were still small, I would have to tell him that Santa is sick and he didn't have anyone to deliver toys this year, or something similar.

These products are dangerous! I would rather my child forgo toys and remain healthy, than to play with toys that may injure or kill. That's why God gave us a brain.