Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another comment on the education system

Some joked about Montebello High flying the Mexican flag having finished their English homework.

There are no English classes in Southern California - it's called "Language Arts" to be politically correct.

My youngest daughter was about to be failed in her Social Studies class for refusing to participate in a bake sale to benefit illegal aliens (and I'm talking a fairly affluent independent school district).

My daughter stuck to her guns and the teacher backed down (because my daughter told the teacher - well, if you fail me, you will have to deal with my dad) I was already deemed "kind of deemed crazy" as a conservative parent.

Butthat kind of thing happens because we're allowing liberal teachers to try and politicize our kids (and taking the Pledge of Allegiance out, calling English "Language Arts" to be politically correct etc) is it any wonder our country is going to hell quick?

ALIPAC: Lifting ban on illegal immigrants may profit college http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-885029-.html#885029

Everyone needs to understand what the non college route undocumented students are doing to the Class Ranking of American Students trying to get into American Colleges.

There needs to be a class action lawsuit against the public school systems for defrauding American Citizens out of College.

I firmly think the Dream Act is trying to do a cover up of the mess our government is in. The government is trying to make it legal the abuse to American Students with the Dream Act.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Another comment on the education system

Quote Originally Posted by CaliVoter
    My youngest daughter was about to be failed in her Social Studies class for refusing to participate in a bake sale to benefit illegal aliens (and I'm talking a fairly affluent independent school district).
    You should suggest the school next time have a bake sale for the war orphans at the bottom of this page which the US will not let in.

http://immigrantrightsfoundation.org/cu ... ation.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some joked about Montebello High flying the Mexican flag having finished their English homework.

There are no English classes in Southern California - it's called "Language Arts" to be politically correct.

My daughter stuck to her guns and the teacher backed down (because my daughter told the teacher - well, if you fail me, you will have to deal with my dad) I was already deemed "kind of deemed crazy" as a conservative parent.

Butthat kind of thing happens because we're allowing liberal teachers to try and politicize our kids (and taking the Pledge of Allegiance out, calling English "Language Arts" to be politically correct etc) is it any wonder our country is going to hell quick?
    You are incorrect. I taught "English"as a secondary school teacher for 10 years in Los Angeles, California. Many of my colleagues have taught "Language Arts" depending on the district.

Huh?

LOL - spoken like a lawyer... I'm incorrect that it's not English anymore, despite your friends teaching Language Arts? OK - what I said is not entirely accurate then. Case dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    You should suggest the school next time have a bake sale for the war orphans at the bottom of this page which the US will not let in.

http://immigrantrightsfoundation.org/cu ... ation.html
    What's even more hearbreaking are "half-breeds" in these countries are often tortured, maimed and killed just because they were fathered by Americans.

Tell me not one of these kids on that site would take the streets and demand rights like printing government forms in Spanish or demanding welfare - or would they be grateful to be in country that used to value honesty and hardwork? The initiation fee to get going in this country used to be learn English.

I'm not sure when this happened in California schools but in Texas school English was changed to Language Arts back in the early 70's. Language Arts was though to encompass much more than the term English because it includes are reading, writing, speaking, listening, and viewing (visual literacy).

I don't blame you and you daughter for not wanting to be included in that fund raiser for illegals. I would personally take my son out of school before he participated in something like that. We don't participate in any fund raisers as we already pay enough in school taxes, much less one that benefits illegals.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

[
    Tell me not one of these kids on that site would take the streets and demand rights like printing government forms in Spanish or demanding welfare - or would they be grateful to be in country that used to value honesty and hardwork? The initiation fee to get going in this country used to be learn English.
    They already know English, learned it at the refugee camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex

I'm not sure when this happened in California schools but in Texas school English was changed to Language Arts back in the early 70's. Language Arts was though to encompass much more than the term English because it includes are reading, writing, speaking, listening, and viewing (visual literacy).

I don't blame you and you daughter for not wanting to be included in that fund raiser for illegals. I would personally take my son out of school before he participated in something like that. We don't participate in any fund raisers as we already pay enough in school taxes, much less one that benefits illegals.
    X2- you hit it right on the head.

Re: Huh?

LOL - spoken like a lawyer... I'm incorrect that it's not English anymore, despite your friends teaching Language Arts? OK - what I said is not entirely accurate then. Case dismissed.

Let's cut the crap here - why is naming of a class English even issue here? Why can't we call it English?

You wouldn't be on this board I realize unless you were anti-illegal immigration like me - but it's the subtle language the other side uses to change meanings and eventually brainwash our young.

Like "oral sex, is not sex" "It depends on what your definition of "is" is"
    "There is no English, there's Language Arts." "Your incorrect, even though yes, English has been changed to Language Arts"?

There are no Illegal Aliens, but undocumented immigrants.

Sorry - I call it a bunch of lawyer BS that has enabled this country to become politically correct and skew the intent and meaning of the spoken word.

I don't know what type of law you practice - some of my closest friends are lawyers and judges. BUT they all know in my will, if I die, none of my organs can be harvested and used by any member of the bar or their immediate families (includes any member of trade unions as well) That's where I hold lawyers in esteem - because besides Unions, they are another reason this country is a train wreck.

Name me one thing of value-add that is created by a lawyer? What - defending against another high educated, articulate parasite?

Lawyer speak and lawyer logic has contributed a great deal to this society's demise - gee I didn't know if I spilled hot coffee on my gonads it would burn me, so I'll sue McDonalds on contigency...

Oops I'm incorrect, it'll be a class action
    You are incorrect that all English classes are now called Language Arts. As another person stated, many districts/educators changed the name to Language Arts because the course encompasses so much more than just the study of English.
    As far as some of your closest friends being lawyers and judges, you should get some better friends as none of them advised you to get a living trust instead of a will

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast