Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am a criminal defense attorney...go ahead have fun with that. I will take cases out of my expertise from time to time: family law, immigration law, contract law aren't uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by attorneyatlaw
    I am a criminal defense attorney...go ahead have fun with that.
    Okay and thanks for the invite and I'm having fun, too. Now, tell me this..Mr. DA, do you have a strong client base composed of "Terrorists"?

Quote Originally Posted by snakeoil
    Okay and thanks for the invite and I'm having fun, too. Now, tell me this..Mr. DA, do you have a strong client base composed of "Terrorists"?
    A DA is a district attorney and prosecutes those accused of crimes and does not have clients. Rather he is a voice for victims and the state. I don't know what you mean by "strong client base" or terrorists. An overwhelming majority of my clients are everyday people who have made one stupid mistake, but for the most part positively contribute to society.

i get it now

That's why American public education is now so wildly successful is isn't it?

We have such a wide breadth of experiences to include so much more than English (sarcasm).

School is for this: Mathematics, sciences, history and gee, wouldn't it be nice as a basis to learn these subjects there'd be a common framework of reading and writing in a certain language as a standard?

I may have friends that are in Bar - doesn't mean I want or take their advice.

Again I pose the question: tell me 1 thing of value-add, value creation that lawyers provide?

This incident with my daughter happened 5 years ago. My son just graduated from that middle school. They haven't tried that stunt since then.

That same daughter is at Berkeley, known for gross liberalism - but she votes her conscience and is independent. First semester, they tried to brainwash her, but I've taught my kids a Reaganism that they've taken to heart: TRUST BUT VERIFY - don't believe anything anyone says (especially lawyers)

MW
    All lawyers aren't shysters, no more than all members of Congress are crooks. Whether it's intended or not, CaliVoter, I perceive your attacks on attorneyatlaw's profession as personal attacks on his character. Not every lawyer is an ambulance chaser, nor is every lawyer a member of the ACLU.

CaliVoter wrote:

Again I pose the question: tell me 1 thing of value-add, value creation that lawyers provide?
    A knowledgeable lawyer can be a very useful and valuable commodity when you're in need of legal defense and/or advice

Honestly, I think this country produces far too many lawyers (somewhere around 40,000 a year). Moreover, I believe too many of them enter the profession for the wrong reasons (wealth and prestige). However, believe it or not, there are some who actually enter the profession to pursue truth and justice, and have a sincere desire to help people. Unless someone can prove otherwise, I'm going to assume attorneyatlaw is part of the latter group.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A DA is a district attorney and prosecutes those accused of crimes and does not have clients. Rather he is a voice for victims and the state. I don't know what you mean by "strong client base" or terrorists. An overwhelming majority of my clients are everyday people who have made one stupid mistake, but for the most part positively contribute to society.
    Don't patronize me. A DA has clients and those clients are provided a defense attorney, paid for by tax-payers of this country whether those clients are legal or illegal.

A terrorist is my definition of someone who breaks the law by coming here, steals ID's, commits a felony or even a petty crime and especially applies to those prone to violence. The U.S. Gov't has categorized legal tax-paying, Christians, Veterans and 2nd Amendment right supporters as "terrorists". Your clients may be "everyday" people but are they terrorists or are they legal citizens who warrant your defense and my tax dime?

MW
    snakeoil wrote:

Don't patronize me.
    ???????

Seems like you were being corrected, not patronized. After all, you did call him "Mr. DA" after he clearly stated he was a criminal defense attorney, not a prosecuter.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    snakeoil wrote:

Don't patronize me.
    ???????

Seems like you were being corrected, not patronized. After all, you did call him "Mr. DA" after he clearly stated he was a criminal defense attorney, not a prosecuter. [/quo

I didn't need to be "corrected" since I wrote what I meant and I understand the basic principle of "DA" prosecution and defense. The fine line between law and order is now called "making a deal" and I think if "Mr. DA" makes deals, he isn't on my side.

I pay for the terrorist's days in court and their incarceration, either way. "Mr. DA" should answer my question about his "clients" and "terrorists. I want to know who his "clients" are!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    snakeoil wrote:

Don't patronize me.
    ???????

Seems like you were being corrected, not patronized. After all, you did call him "Mr. DA" after he clearly stated he was a criminal defense attorney, not a prosecuter. [/quo

I didn't need to be "corrected" since I wrote what I meant and I understand the basic principle of "DA" prosecution and defense. The fine line between law and order is now called "making a deal" and I think if "Mr. DA" makes deals, he isn't on my side.

I pay for the terrorist's days in court and their incarceration, either way. "Mr. DA" should answer my question about his "clients" and "terrorists. I want to know who his "clients" are!
    I was not patronizing. I thought you didn't know the difference. I have never heard a defense attorney referred to as a DA, only prosecutors. Do I make deals? Hell yes I do, like roughly 90-95% of all criminal attorneys. It is called judicial economy. Our court system could not handle the case loads without plea deals or settlements.
    As far as my clients being terrorists, are you asking if they are illegal aliens? I have yet to represent an illegal alien, but probably because they have not walked through my doors. I am a private defense attorney, and more likely than not, they would be assigned a public defender. If one did walk through my doors and could afford my fees, I wouldn't decline representing them based on their legal status alone. I decline representations depending on the facts of their particular account and the charges they are facing.
    Just because I am a defense attorney does not mean I am trying to get all of my clients "off." Most of my clients are guilty of something; not necessarily what they are being charged with. My priority is that they get a fair shot at the legal system, even if that means they are found guilty. I try my best to do what the client wants. Most of the time what the client wants and the evidence conflict. I know this full well and the fact that they will be punished. In this case I try to convince the client that even though they want to plead not guilty the evidence will be nearly impossible to overcome and to let me fight for something less severe. I don't know anyone who has been caught speeding willing to pay the full amount of the fine, when they can pay half.

April
    TAKE ACTION TO STOP AMNESTY 2009 NOW!!!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-915700.html#915700

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast