Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another letter from my pal.

This lady has got to hate me right now. I am referring Sen Kay Bailey Hutchison. I have, putting it mildly, harassed the living daylights out of her. One time I called her office and her fluncky answered. She stated that Hutchison was not the only senator that favored a guest worker program. I stated that she is the only one who is suppose to represent me. Must be getting on nerves up there or something.

Since I do not know how scan and relocate something on a computer I will quote parts of her letter to me.
    [/quote

[quote:n4eey40m]Since 2001, Congress has addressed many immigration and border security concerns in USA PATRIOT Act, the intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention of 2004, and the REAL ID Act of 2005. Key provisions have included a systematic plan to monitor the southern border with unmanned aerial vehicles, authorization for an increase in the number of personnel devoted to enforcing immigration laws, and requirements that all applicants for state-issued identifications and drivers' license prove their lawful presence in the United States.
    The last part of this is totally incorrect. Under the REAL ID Act of 2005, a person must possess a government issued PIV (Personal Information Verification) before a person can apply for DL, ID, and passports. The list goes on. And to expound a little that William had stated in one of my posts. I am not quoting William exactly, but he had mentioned about the ability to enter government buildings and airports to name a few what he mentioned. Does anyone see where has squat to do with immigration? They (Congress) believe that the common everyday Joe will not see through the ploy. By the way, Joe is content again because feels the government is doing all it can to keep him safe. No one told Joe he lost a few more of his freedoms in the process.

Further quotes from Senator Huchison
    The United States has one of the most open immigration policies in the world, and I am aware of the important contributions our immigrants make to our nation. Temporary work visas play an important role in ensuring U.S. companies have the workers they need to succeed in an increasingly competitve global marketplace. However, U.S. immigration policy must ensure American workers have every oppurtunity to compete for available jobs. In the areas of our economy where voids of talent and skills exist, we need to invest the resources necessary to fill those gaps.
    And finally, the main course Sen Hutchison goes on by saying
    I do support the development of a guest worker program which would allow foreign nationals to work in the United States on a seasonal or temporary basis industries where labor is in critical demand. However, I believe that granting legal status to those who entered our country illgally would only encourage other to break our laws in the future.
    [/quote:n4eey40m]
    BoooM!!! Did I miss something or did she make a contradiction? This lady did not one time in the whole course of the letter say illegal immigration.

It is people like Sen Hutchison who is impeding the in your face lets get 'em out of here Republicians. If anyone desires the complete cpoy of the letter I can at least figure out a fax machine.
    "....mercy to the guilty is cruelity to the innocent." Adam Smith

"In the areas of our economy where voids of talent and skills exist, we need to invest the resources necessary to fill those gaps."

This is all smoke and mirrors, and it proves a theory I have that some of the ideas revolving around outsourcing are being appropriated for the illegal alien debate. Congress wants to the one who decides when and where "skill shortages" occur, not working class people, whom they have decided to wage war against. In this world view the Republicans have turned out to be just as Left-wing as the Democrats.