Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Your getting some skewed info

No way McCain wins Nevada

Its just not going to happen

Vegas Review Journal comments usually run 95% against
    illegals every time they run their symp stories and in the
    last couple days the outcry against Hillary's pandering has been
    loud and clear

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Your getting some skewed info

No way McCain wins Nevada

Its just not going to happen

Vegas Review Journal comments usually run 95% against
    illegals every time they run their symp stories and in the
    last couple days the outcry against Hillary's pandering has been
    loud and clear
    It's still early of course, and the race is fluid and the race is close, but here is a NV poll released today (1/14):

Close Races for Both Dems, GOPs in Nev
    By The Associated Press – 29 minutes ago

THE RACE: The presidential race for Democrats and Republicans in Nevada.

___

THE NUMBERS - DEMOCRATS

Barack Obama, 32 percent

Hillary Rodham Clinton, 30 percent

John Edwards, 27 percent

___

THE NUMBERS - REPUBLICANS

John McCain, 22 percent

Rudy Giuliani, 18 percent

Mike Huckabee, 16 percent

Mitt Romney, 15 percent.

___

OF INTEREST:

The poll indicates the Democratic race in Nevada is virtually a dead heat between the three leading candidates with less than a week before the state's caucuses on Saturday. That's a major change from November, when a poll showed Clinton with 45 percent, Obama 20 percent and Edwards 12 percent.

The poll shows the Republican race also is close. McCain, who hasn't spent much time in the state, clearly has made great gains. He had only 8 percent support in Nevada in a poll in August. Until recently, Giuliani and Romney had been going back and forth as the GOP front-runner. In November, Giuliani had 29 percent and Romney 22 percent.

___

Maryland-based Research 2000 conducted the poll for the Reno Gazette-Journal Jan. 11 to Jan. 13, with samples of 500 likely Democratic caucus-goers and 500 likely Republican caucus-goers. The margin of error was plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j2L6 ... gD8U5UUN02
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I know religion isn't suppose to come into play here but keep in
    mind that Nevada is a huge mormon state , it will actually make
    a difference

Also that poll you posted looks really skewed because I have
    seen several local polls that show Romeny easily in the lead here

Banned
    I think they are skewing McCains numbers big time

He no way has that much support here

This town knows all about his amnesty carp and they
    are not buying it

That's encouraging to hear USAN.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney leads McCain in Michigan poll

By: Mike Allen
    Jan 12, 2008 10:25 PM EST

"Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who badly needs to win Tuesday's Michgian primary, has an 8-point lead over Sen. John McCain of Arizona in a McClatchy/MSNBC poll of Michigan voters to be released Sunday.

Romney had a narrower lead in a Detroit Free Press poll and was tied in a Detroit News poll.

After polls in New Hampshire failed to foresee Tuesday’s decisive win by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), campaigns and the press are reluctant to put much stock in polls. It’s clear that the races for both presidential nominations are fluid, with big swings possible in the final hours before voting.

But polls help provide morale and momentum for the final hours, and Romney could use the good news. He has cut back his advertising in South Carolina and has staked his candidacy on Michigan, his native state.

The McClatchy/MSNBC poll puts Romney at 30 percent, McCain at 22 percent, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 17 percent, former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee at 7 percent, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani at 6 percent and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas at 5 percent.

McClatchy Newspapers reported: “Romney led McCain by 2 to 1 among voters who ranked the economy and jobs their top concern. He led Huckabee by a slightly greater margin among those voters. He also led McCain by 2 to 1 among likely voters who called themselves Republicans.â€
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

An MSNBC poll earlier today had McCain leading in Nevada by quite a few points. I can't remember the percentages now, but what struck me so odd about it is that I just read several polls yesterday that showed Romney leading by a significant margin.

I'm tired of the media blathering on about McCain's maverick status as if it's an unconditional virtue. It might fly in the Senate, but I would consider it a serious liability in a President, particulary one as volatile and vindictive as McCain. If I hear him say "my friends" one more time I think I'll scream. It's approaching a trademark tic. He's certainly no friend of mine.

Nothing urgent, but if you can post one of those local NV polls that would be appreciated.

I "think" that Romney is on Larry King tonight!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Nothing urgent, but if you can post one of those local NV polls that would be appreciated.
    I'll look for them in a few minutes and post what I find.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast