Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Another result of Mexican non-assimilation: animal cruelty

How would you feel if you saw this at a rodeo?

http://www.sharkonline.org/horsetripping1.mpg
    http://www.sharkonline.org/horsetripping2.mpg
    http://www.sharkonline.org/horsetripping3.mpg

"You are in the front row. A bony Arabian mare stands so close you can see the scars on her flanks, and the terror in her eyes. Three men on horseback swoop down on the mare, chasing her with swinging lariats, until she's galloping 25 miles an hour. Each time the mare races round the ring, a fourth man aims a rope at the mare's forelegs. The goal: to topple her to the ground, and win points.

This mare has already been lassoed several times - those scars you saw were rope burns that carved away inches of her flesh. But this time the mare won't get up again. She crashes head over heels, breaks her leg, and is euthanized."

FACTS ABOUT HORSE TRIPPING

What Is Horse Tripping?

Horse tripping is the practice of roping the front or hind legs of a galloping horse -- causing it to trip or lose its balance and come crashing to the ground -- for the purposes of entertainment or sport. This cruel and inhumane activity is practiced in 3 of the 9 events held in the charreada, or Mexican-style rodeo. The tripping is intentional, and points are awarded for dropping the horse.

Terminology

Charro -- Mexican cowboy
    Charreada or charro rodeo -- Mexican-style rodeo
    Charreria -- the tradition

Lienzos -- arenas
    Suertes -- events

The 3 events which include tripping are:

piales en la lienzo -- roping of the hind legs of a horse
    manganas a pie -- tripping or felling of a horse from on foot
    manganas a caballo -- tripping or felling a horse from horseback

Charro Rodeo History

The charreada is the national sport of Mexico. It is a time-honored tradition dating back to 16th century Spain and brought to the Americas after the Spanish conquest of Mexico in 1520. In the early 1700s, the "sport" moved to the Mexican ranch where ranchers roped steers and bucking horses in a display of their skill, horsemanship, and machismo. In the 1950s and '60s, charro associations began to crop up in the U. S., eventually becoming established in six states in the Midwest and Southwest (Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, New Mexico, and Texas). Today, all U. S. charreada competitions are overseen by 84 charro federations.

Cruelty versus Culture

The charreada is based on the notion that the charro must be a brave and skilled horseman to confront the fury of a wild horse and bring the animal to the ground. Such romantic legend, however, has little relevance to the manner in which the rodeos are practiced today. "Killer" buyers purchase unwanted horses at auction and squeeze the last nickel out of these pitiful creatures by renting them out, at about $65 per day, for a weekend of torture in the charro rodeos. There, the frightened animals are lassoed and tripped repeatedly in 3 different horse tripping events. Some horses have been known to try to leap over walls in an attempt to escape from the arena, only to be captured and brought back to be subjected to more torment -- all to the cheers of the spectators. After they are used in the rodeos, the horses are sent to slaughter.
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

That makes me want to vomit.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

I am soooooo.... beyond pissed
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Horse tripping has got to be the worst. Horses and dogs are the two animal species that have helped mankind become civilised.
    And this is how they treat them.
    These idiots do not need to be in our country.

You notice that they use 'tame' horses.
    A true wild horse will climb up into the saddle and with all his hear try to 'kill' you before you kill him.
    These people are beyond cowards.

How is this for a sport. Let's flay one of these 'brave charros' alive and take bets on how long it takes for him to die.

Don't forget that illegals were always behind the now illegal cock fighting that they still find happening around the Country, even though it has now been outlawed nationwide.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

It makes me want to cry for such treatment of a beautiful and noble animal.

Quote Originally Posted by mapwife
    Don't forget that illegals were always behind the now illegal cock fighting that they still find happening around the Country, even though it has now been outlawed nationwide.
    Unfortunately, cock fighting is still legal in Louisiana. They are the only state that has not outlawed it.
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

What a culture No respect for women, children and animals. It makes me sick

If I ever see anybody harm a defensless animal. It's all over for me, I'll have no problem hurting them badly. I be in jail for sure. Please no more stories like this. I can't take animal abuse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast