Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Is the Anti-Illegal Immigrant Movement Racist?

Is the Anti-Illegal Immigrant Movement Racist?
    Robert Lindsay - 10/4/2007

Robert Lindsay writes a blog where describes himself as an "Independent Left Journalist From California".

It's actually a trick question. Some of them are, for sure. Racists will always join any movement critical of immigration. So what? This entire argument rests on a fallacious assumption. That the presence of one group in a movement means that all of the other members of the movement share the feelings of that one group.

It's a very well-known logical fallacy and I wish I could name it for you. It's very important for aware folks to become aware of all of the logical fallacies out there, because people are using these BS arguments to try to convince you of this or that all that time. Fact is, if you change your mind due to a logical fallacy, you are being fooled. If you do so knowingly, you are a fool. If you use logical fallacies in your arguments, you are either ignorant, a fool or a knowing liar.

People without an argument regularly use this argument to tar opponents with the "crime of association". This particular logical fallacy is very widely used and manages to convince hundreds of millions of fools of this or that every year the world over.

Yet, just because I associate with someone, or anyone, does not mean that I share any, all or some of their views. Some of the folks I associate with claim to be gang members.

They are kids who live in my apartment complex. I am friends with a Black guy in my complex who wears a stocking over his head, gangster-style. One of the guys I was drinking with at the bar the other night looked like he just got out of prison and had a shirt on with an apparent gang logo.

I'm also friends with a guy who is a White Nationalist-White Supremacist racist, with the usual Nazi sympathies. He pretty much refuses to even so much as speak with anyone who is not White, especially Blacks and Browns. I don't agree with him, but I'm not going to dissociate with him.

I have friends who are rightwing Republicans and others who are leftwing Democrats and a few who are Communists.

To say that I agree with all of these people would be impossible, as they all hold contradictory views.

Which leads us to the anti-illegal immigration movement. The fact is, a large majority of Americans are opposed to illegal immigration, often ferociously so. Surveys show that 75-80% of Americans are against illegal immigration, and they seem to be getting madder about it every day.

In other words, opposing illegal immigration is simply normal, reasonable American politics. It's not fanatical or racist or anything like that, unless one wants to make the crazy claim that 80% of Americans are raving racists.

This gives the lie to the open borders crazies' notion that the anti-illegal immigration folks represent only a small "anti-immigrant" minority. According to them, the rest of us are supposedly open borders nuts.

The issue is complicated by polling questions and the actual views of Americans. Polls show that up to 65% or so of Americans support some sort of "path to citizenship" for the 12-20 million illegals already here.

On the other hand, Americans in these same polls think it is important to lock down the border.

The open borders loons want a completely open border, not just in the South but apparently everywhere. In their insane plan, every single "immigrant", or now, "migrant" (the words keep changing as they become stigmatized) who strolls across the border gets automatic US citizenship, apparently without any background checks or anything unpleasant like that.

Surely only a small minority of Americans favor such an insane program. The open borders liars conflate Americans' cynicism about the possibility of deporting 20 million illegals (hence some sort of "legalize them" solution) with an implied support by Americans for illegal immigrants and open borders, ignoring the nation's fervent desire to lock down the Southern border as much as extent possible.

Sure the movement has racists in it, but any rational person also knows that probably the vast majority of those opposing illegal immigration are not profoundly racist people, and if one is opposed to illegal immigration on principle, one is keeping company with 75-80% of the population, including, surely, sadly, but inevitably, some nasty racists.

http://globalpolitician.com/articledes. ... d=1&sid=26

This guy used how many words to say-every group has a few nuts in it and he probably got paid to do it,too.

Thanks for posting this Greg and hope you are doing well.

Rawhide!

The Southern Poverty Law Center is famous for this stuff.....They claim that Lou Dobbs is among the favorites for White Supremicist sites. That the rise in the minutemen coincide with a rise in hate groups. They having gone to law school should be well aware of logical fallacies, and that they are engaging in them. I remember a liberal activist group at a junior college ran a campaign putting up posters of David Duke claiming his support for an ant-affirmative action bill. My own sister got scared because she saw American Histor X, and the lead character sited the same stats about illegals that i do. My response is......So what? Truth is truth, and if a racist happens to tell the truth on a particular subject, that in no way makes me associate with them.

Its a tactic of the left to silence the truth. They want us soooooo afraid to say a particular truth, that may be shared by a fringe group so that we forget all objective reasoning, and back off of the opinion SIMPLY because it may be shared by extremists. Forget what's right. Forget what's wrong. If an extremist says it, you must back off emediately.

They simply want us too back away from the truth lest we be put in league with extremists who may agree with certain truths while being strongly opposed to the overall objective, movement, and tactics.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Calling anti-illegal immigration supporters "racist" is the only thing the Open Borders crowd can say when they've exhausted all their other arguments, which don't make any sense.

I don't understand why ANYONE would be for open borders, but if they are, they can't seem to give any good reasons for it.

Since MOST of the illegals are Mexican, someone easily can say, "oh, you're against Mexicans" - well, duh - what if Germans lived there, and they were coming in and populating like crazy, and doing it against our laws - we'd STILL be against it. Then, people would say that we're "racist" against Germans.

I think another issue is that Mexicans who come legally and illegally refuse to assimilate to our culture. Most of us don't want that - we have a culture which we are trying to save. Some elite liberals don't think so - they are globalists, so they think we're racists. They are not patriots. In fact, we could call THEM traitors to the U.S.

At first I thought it was racist, but them I began to search as to why so many people were against illegally immigration and I found so many reason and they were not about race at all. At first I found it was the cost and jobs.

The OBL crowd know most citizens cringe at the word Racist and for awhile they were successfull in their sinister plan to silence citizens by telling them they are racist bigots but a close examination of the issue defies such logic.Citizens have a right and a duty to protect their homeland against invasion which will eventually destroy our nation as sure as a armed invasion would do.

I have friends who,until recently,although opposed to Illegal Immigration did not speak out in FEAR of being called a Racist.A interesting thing happens when they no longer accept the idea they are racist,they become avid and active opponents to Illegal Immigration.I believe it is because they are very angry and feel hood-winked by the OBL IMHO.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I think they will soon be forced to change their strategy, because the “race cardâ€

The term that this "educated" liberal is searching for is called guilt by association. It is refreshing to see an intellectually honest liberal from time to time, so let's give him his due.

Well since the SPLC practices guilt by association, they are guilty of anti-American treason.

Same for the Ford Foundation, who funds all these anti-American groups.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    The Southern Poverty Law Center is famous for this stuff.....They claim that Lou Dobbs is among the favorites for White Supremicist sites. That the rise in the minutemen coincide with a rise in hate groups. They having gone to law school should be well aware of logical fallacies, and that they are engaging in them. I remember a liberal activist group at a junior college ran a campaign putting up posters of David Duke claiming his support for an ant-affirmative action bill. My own sister got scared because she saw American Histor X, and the lead character sited the same stats about illegals that i do. My response is......So what? Truth is truth, and if a racist happens to tell the truth on a particular subject, that in no way makes me associate with them.

Its a tactic of the left to silence the truth. They want us soooooo afraid to say a particular truth, that may be shared by a fringe group so that we forget all objective reasoning, and back off of the opinion SIMPLY because it may be shared by extremists. Forget what's right. Forget what's wrong. If an extremist says it, you must back off emediately.

They simply want us too back away from the truth lest we be put in league with extremists who may agree with certain truths while being strongly opposed to the overall objective, movement, and tactics.
    I hate SPLC they really bash ant-illegal immigration activists check out this link
    http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelrep ... jsp?iid=35
    They are bashing American patriots.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast