Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Today at the library bookstore in downtown Dallas, TX, I met a young high school student who told me that SPANISH is MANDATORY for GRADUATION at HER high school. Hiding my alarm, I asked if maybe the school requires a FOREIGN language, not necessarily Spanish. The girl shook her head and emphatically replied that students at her school are NOT allowed to CHOOSE WHICH foreign language they want to study, they MUST take Spanish. She added that a close friend and schoolmate FAILED to PASS Spanish last year and is taking SUMMER Spanish classes NOW and if she fails THAT, she will HAVE to take Spanish AGAIN NEXT year and if she fails THAT too, she will NOT graduate next year! Then I inquired if her school was public or private. She said it was a PUBLIC school, Maceo Smith in Oak Cliff, Dallas, TX, and that the mandatory Spanish policy is enforced by the DALLAS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT (DISD)! Although I know that THIS should have sounded OLD hat to me after having lived for 14 YEARS in one of our nation's MOST infamous illegal alien "sanctuary" towns, I was nonetheless DUMFOUNDED and DISMAYED! DISD NEEDS to be SUED BIGTIME for this atrocity, I thought.

Joazinha, I understand your ire - but for small school districts that can only afford one foreign language, Spanish has been THE foreign language for a very long time - long before the illegal immigration travesty.

It has, however, been somewhat of a joke in many schools, as it was not conversational Spanish, so the kids probably learned how to ask, 'Where's the bathroom?', and that's about all.

DISD can afford to offer more than one foreign language, however, and that doesn't seem right.

DISD probably thinks they are offering another foreign language - English. It probably is foreign to many of their students.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great I will also try it.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

I press it.................and hold it ...........................and hold it................................................ .........................and hold it!

I love your response to the "Press 1" recording!
    This is one that gets me PO'ed...
    I am disabled due to a damaged sciatic nerve, and I occasionally have to go to my local Social Security office for paperwork.
    On the wall I noticed a plaque that OFFERED ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE!!!
    I mean thier must have been 60-70 DIFFERENT languages on this posting!!!
    Please explain to me WHY SOMEONE WOULD NEED HELP IN RUSSIAN to fill out SS paperwork?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    I love your response to the "Press 1" recording!
    This is one that gets me PO'ed...
    I am disabled due to a damaged sciatic nerve, and I occasionally have to go to my local Social Security office for paperwork.
    On the wall I noticed a plaque that OFFERED ASSISTANCE TO ANYONE!!!
    I mean thier must have been 60-70 DIFFERENT languages on this posting!!!
    Please explain to me WHY SOMEONE WOULD NEED HELP IN RUSSIAN to fill out SS paperwork?
    I met a guy that was visiting one of his relatives here and he was a little put off that his visa was for six months and to qualify for social security he had to be here for more than six months.

I asked him if I was in his country if they would give me a check to live on. He laughed at me like I was a little nuts or something.

I have always thought you needed to pay in to qualify. I guess I've been wrong. I think with the world governments being owned by the men like those in the Federal Reserve and the other global banks they have spawned around the world that they can find politicians that will approve funding for anything. After all we borrow the money from them to pay for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12