Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anyone from Hazelton or Allentown PA?

Hazelton, PA is taking a bold step and worth watching. If Hazelton can pull this off there may be hope for Manassas and Herndon's exploding illegal immigrant population and abuses.

http://www.standardspeaker.com/index.ph ... 5&Itemid=2

If anyone on this forum is from Hazelton, would you please contact me privately or post links to city Council Minutes and other notes of interests regarding this topic? Thanks

My husband and I are about 45 minutes from Hazelton, Pa. I am so proud of the Mayor. It is the first sign I have seen in this entire area, that someone has finally gotten the message, and has observed the effects of illegal immigration. We stand by him 100%, but I can tell you, that because this area is not used to, nor has any knowledge of what these people are all about... the radio stations, and many of the citizens are sympathetic twards the illegals. All they see are poor people, and want to help. We are not used to criminal activity at such a rate. We are not used to shootings, home invasions, theft in general. Most still do not lock their doors at night. We just never had the need to do so. I know though, we just spent 2and 1/2 years in central Cal. I lived with them, and I studied their behavior. It was culture shock for us. Something I had never even thought of, or could ever happen in the USA. People here have no clue. I hope the Mayor will continue to make his point, and start to enlighten these small, quiet towns. I have a feeling though, that something or someone higher up, will stop him. I pray not.

Hazelton

"Jose Lechuga, 42, came to the United States illegally in 1982, received amnesty in 1986 and now operates a grocery store and restaurant in Hazleton. He said the mayor is 'confusing illegal people with criminals.'"

I read this in a story about Hazelton and was severely irritated. What part of "illegal" do people not understand? To be here ILLEGALLY automatically makes you a criminal no matter how you behave otherwise. Illegal means against the law, hence criminal.

We live in Bethel Park, Pa. which is 8 miles south of Pittsburgh, Pa.

Re: Anyone from Hazelton or Allentown PA?

I happen to live 15 minutes from Hazleton. The site to the mayor's letter and the petition and email is www.hazletoncity.org My husband and brother in law go to a place there for car parts and he says you would think you are in a different country when there. My sister and I went shopping last Friday and sure enough the first thing I heard was spanish speaking people. Not being shy, I yelled out "better learn English..this is America".

Quote Originally Posted by JuneS_Reston
    Hazelton, PA is taking a bold step and worth watching. If Hazelton can pull this off there may be hope for Manassas and Herndon's exploding illegal immigrant population and abuses.

http://www.standardspeaker.com/index.ph ... 5&Itemid=2

If anyone on this forum is from Hazelton, would you please contact me privately or post links to city Council Minutes and other notes of interests regarding this topic? Thanks

I'm able to follow whatever is written on the City's website, and sent an email to the City Clerk, but haven't heard anything yet. For those who live close, would you please email me with updates from the Council meetings, that don't make the papers.

Manassas VA is in dire straights. It seems no matter what the citizens do to try reclaim their city, there is alwasys someone from an advocacy group ready to pounce. People are starting to move out; people who have lived there most (or all) of their lives.

Even if they were to implement an English Only law, that would be a good first step.

Thanks for replying; I will be following this closely as it does hit very close to my home too.

Anyone from Hazelton or Allentown PA?

Hazelton is getting ready to vote on illegal city laws. Those opposed to passing the law keep dropping the word "illegal". I know this bill is going to get passed. But when it does rumors are the illegals will be coming this way, we have been trying to get our city on the ball to pass similar laws.

HAZELTON PASS 4 TO 1 VOTE.....

Re: Anyone from Hazelton or Allentown PA?

Quote Originally Posted by tomorrow
    Hazelton is getting ready to vote on illegal city laws. Those opposed to passing the law keep dropping the word "illegal". I know this bill is going to get passed. But when it does rumors are the illegals will be coming this way, we have been trying to get our city on the ball to pass similar laws.

HAZELTON PASS 4 TO 1 VOTE.....
    Awesome. Check out this quote:

Passage 4-1 by City Council. at 8:46 PM this evening.

Mayor Bill Hines (Of Beaver Meadows -- just outside of Hazleton), while on the podium said the following in support of Mayor Barletta:

"This ordinance will not in any way impinge on the rights of Illegal Aliens. They have the right to go back where they came from...."

That is a thing of beauty.

There is no hope for Manassas. They will get just what they deserve!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Welcome, mouse. And you are very right about the "illegal" comment. It's at the heart of everything.

Also, welcome, tomorrow. And thank you for your post.

I live near Denver, in the mountains, and I can tell you what happens when most of a city is "taken" over. Unfortunately, they have a mayor down in Denver who hires illegals for his restaurants.

I very much applaud the Mayor of Hazelton. Lord, I wish we could clone him!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast