Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hazleton also has a "topix.net" forum. just type in "Halzeton,Pa. forums"

We should all go and put in an encouaging topic. I already have.
    ------------------------

You can tell by all the stories that this is a bigger problem that they are saying. How many are here, you know it is alot more than the 11 million or they would not be in every town in the country. I think Mexico is empty.

I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and have been traveling around Idaho, Utah and Colorado, you see them everywhere. I assume they're illegals as the adults and their children aren't speaking English.
    Just today I was sitting in front of the courthouse in Leadville Colorado, relaxing from walking the city. There must be social services in the building as a woman with 5 children went in and out (speaking Spanish to her kids), 2 other pregnant women went in, again, not speaking English.
    It's sickening what's going on.
    I totally agree, there's a lot more than 12 million. If they are given amnesty, you'll see 25 million come out of the woodwork!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

dot

Hazelton

Hooray for Hazelton...Now more Mayors and city leaders should follow their lead.

Hazeltons victory now gives new hope to not only all towns being invaded by illegals, but also to those that previously tried, without success, to pass ordinances aimed at flushing out the invaders. God bless the Mayor and the City Council for refusing to back down.

It seems no matter what the citizens do to try reclaim their city, there is alwasys someone from an advocacy group ready to pounce.
    The small Delaware town of Elsmere was one of the first in the U.S. to try and pass a similiar ordinance a year and a half ago. In a concerted effort to preempt any action from moving forward, pro-illegal activists and groups converged, enmass, upon the town to voice (shout) their convoluted, race-baiting rhetoric. Sure enough, the towns people, including several city council members went into collective cringe mode at being labeled as racists and bigots. To his credit the Mayor did get it to a vote but by then too many council members had reversed their postion and it falled to pass.

Thankfully the recent pro-illegal aliens marches caused the notion of "Americans as racists" to fall flat on it's face as the REAL truth was clearly revealed.

I wonder how many of those Elsmere council members, in hindsight, are kicking themselves today for having caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    There is no hope for Manassas. They will get just what they deserve!
    I disagree. There is hope for Manassas, they made some bad decisions in desperation rather than thinking through.

VA's Governor and General Assembly are pro illegal immigation. The commonwealth is doing absolutely nothing to deter it, and everything to enable.

It's a little tough to try to buck the state. Herndon had taken a hard stand - taking it slow and researching all the possible pitfalls before moving forward - this was something Manassas did not do.

Overcrowding is a most difficult thing to enforce - not only is it difficult to learn who is really living in a house, the occupancy code is so out of date that most of the houses actually meet code - 1 adult per 50sf of living space, excluding baths, kitchen, closets and hallways. In a 1,000sf house, with 700sf of living space, 14 people can legally live in the house.

This law was enacted years ago, when the area was rural and households were comparable to the Waltons - lots of kids, grandma and grandpa. The law needs to be changed, because times have changed. Everytime someone tries to, it's challenged as "targeting hispanics."

It's a major catch-22. But ... in VA, laws are changed quickly when a situation results in a significant number of deaths. When enough people die in home fires because of overcrowding, the law will change. Isn't that just a kick in the butt?

Northern Virginia will never change. I lived in Chantilly for 20 years until July, 2005 and the problems with illegals was what drove me out. Lived between two flophouses with 15-20 illegals crammed into a townhouse for 8 years Too many rich people who love the cheap labor, day care, lawncare etc. to do anything. If you do propose anything logical, you will be labled a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Northern Virginia will never change. I lived in Chantilly for 20 years until July, 2005 and the problems with illegals was what drove me out. Lived between two flophouses with 15-20 illegals crammed into a townhouse for 8 years. Too many rich people who love the cheap labor, day care, lawncare etc. to do anything. If you do propose anything logical, you will be labled a racist.
    Sections of Chantilly are in a downward spiral, I can't dispute that. The local politicians continue to use the excuse "it's not our job - this is a federal issue" and then go about their business.

I'm not so sure it's all about cheap labor. Considerable (hidden) money is being made by slum lords, charging exorbitant rent - upwards to $400/month per illegal. They can write the lease anyway they want, but demand far more than in the "terms." If reviewed, the lease looks good, but the slum lords are "tacking on" additional cost to the fixed lease amount. The illegals aren't going to complain or report them. For every illegal who complains, there are 10 more waiting in line, and willing to pay, for that mattress on the floor.

There's alot of money to be made off illegals - and it isn't restricted to labor.

Some of the slum lord houses along 50 are nothing but tinder boxes, filled to capacity. It's just a matter of time before one of them goes up in flames and a dozen or more die because they can't get out. Falls Church City is downward spiraling too.

No matter what people may say about planned communities (Reston), right now I'm glad I live in one, even though my HOA is not part of Reston Association.

Yes, there are illegals living in Reston - primarily in the Dogwood area (Coquina Cluster) - but the rest of the clusters are staying on top of it and dealing with it quickly and effectively at the HOA level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12