Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anyone hear from Mamie?

Mamie hasn't posted since before the storm hit. She lives in Alabama but I'm not sure where. I've tried accessing her website but the site is unavailable.

Anyone know if she is okay?

I did the other day, after she had already lost power and she was having problems with her Generator. It kept stopping on her. I didn't hear from her yesterday or today. But the last time, she said that her and her Family was OK, several trees down but OK.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Thank you, Mophead. I was thinking about her last night because I remembered she was from that general area. I'm glad she's safe, it's not the same without her! Maybe she will be able to contact us soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

tms

Thanks for the update.
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

She has been in my thoughts also, I noticed she has not posted since before the hurricane.

Thanks for the update, glad she is safe.

thank y'all for thinking about me, you are all so sweet.

I just got power today, but I'm fine and have nothing to complain about. My first night back home my windows were boarded up so I opened the french doors in the kitchen that opens onto a porch and tried to sleep on the floor but it was very hot.

I was able to go to a friends house Wed and Thursday to take a HOT shower and eat dinner.

Last night I had to put cold rags on my face because it was so hot and I wasn't baking on bare bridge in the hot sun. My little dog and I sat on the porch til about 1:00, after we became mosquito bait we moved back inside.

Gas is in very short supply ... Wed night my friend and I had to go to her office to get some info and the station she trades at had people lined up. It was already 9:00 and these people were waiting in line til the station opened at 6:00 the next morning.

I haven't seen hardly any news but saw 48 Hours the other night, I could not believe what is going on in New Orleans. These people have gone through a catastrophic hurricane, survived a flood and were left to die in the streets without food and water. Planes and helicopters should have been loaded with relief supplies and ready to fly BEFORE Katrina made landfall ... it didn't matter where Katrina made landfall, because where ever it went it, there was going to be devastation.

I went to Hardee's this morning to get coffee, a man was saying these people had "nothing" to complain about, it had ONLY BEEN 3 days ... I said 3 days without food and water in the hot sun. He said they got relief faster than the tsunami victims -- I reminded him the tsunami victims were not American citizens.

I'm so angry I could spit!!! the federal government needs to take funds appropriated to "illegals" and help these folks ...
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Welcome back Mamie! Glad to hear you made it through the storm with few serious problems.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome back Mamie!, Glad to hear you are safe.

Yep, At least we know how FEMA and the federal Goverment will "Take Care of us" in a time of need.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Welcome back, young lady You have work to do But if you're tired from your ordeal, please take it easy for awhile!! We're extremely glad to know that you are safe.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

it's good to be back! it's going to take a long time to catch up ...

I'm looking forward to a hot shower and a good nights sleep in air-conditioning!!

I just talked to my cousin in Florida after I couldn't get his sister in Louisiana... he told me she was fine but one of his other sisters in Gulfport, her children, grandchildren and his stepmother have not been heard from. He said he did a satellite search of her address, but there doesn't appear to be anything there ...

he also reminded me of Camille -- at the time he was in the Army and there were over 1600 bodies recovered but only a couple hundred reported ...

I haven't been derelict of my duties ... I contacted the governors office earlier in the week because I was suppose to arrange a meeting with his staff and some represenatives this week, like they didn't know I had other problems! but I will get back on it next week.

After this relief disaster, I think it's more important than ever to get our states back in the federal government -- these states needed to be involved in the federal relief efforts and not just a victim of the federal government
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"