Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

can someone explain what this was? How is Prince William passing laws in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    can someone explain what this was? How is Prince William passing laws in the USA?
    Prince William County in Va.

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagmar
    ah ha, and what is it that passed?

It is an enormous county, just 30 mins. south of DC on the way to Richmond, Va.

On one end is a strip along Rt. 1 that has been totally taken over by hispanic businesses -- it looks like a barrio most of the time. Illegals dominate the schools along this corridor of Woodbridge, VA. Then you go throughout Woodbridge and find pockets of them all over. I used to drop my son off at his school in the a.m. and see 100's of men at each of the 7-11's along Rt. 1 right around the corner.

So, there's Woodbridge at one end and Manassas at the other. They have totally taken over Manassass. We've talked to people who have been completely surrounded in their neighborhoods w/ the multiple family living with basically no choice and nowhere else to move to, because housing prices here are so outrageous.

Have no idea what the schools must look like. I can't even imagine. It's a wealthy county, and a relatively conservative one, but I think the school issues are really bearing down on all of this.

A unanimous vote, that is wonderful! The next challenge to overcome will be in court. I bet the local “immigrant rights groups" and ACLU already have a brief prepared ready to take to the court house.

CNN''s Situation Room is doing a piece on this tonight. I'm pretty sure it was taped prior to the passage, but should inform on the content. It is on here now until 8 pm est.

So what is it that passed?????
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

there was one change that was made earlier. Instead of just cutting off benefits, there will a study which will ID which benefits can be cut off. which means the schools might still have to accept illegals. Anyone stopped for a minor crime will have their status check, illegals in jails will be handled over to the federal authorities for deportation, and police will work ICE.

I bet few of us have been to Prince William County VA. or even know where it is located, yet tonight we are jumping up and down with news of passed local legislation. I bet applause and reaction comes in from coast to coast on the news of this vote. Pay attention politicians this is an indication of American unification across the country and how we feel about the Illegal Alien crisis that afflicts our country.

Prince William County to Vote on New Immigrant Rules

MANASSAS, Va. (AP) -- Hundreds of people are attending a Prince William County Board of Supervisors meeting on a proposed measure aimed at discouraging illegal immigrants from settling in the county.

The proposal would require county police to check on the immigration status of anyone they detain if there is probable cause to believe the person is undocumented. It would permit other county workers to ensure people are in the country legally before providing services.

Immigrant rights advocates say they fear the intent is to deny a wide range of services, including medical care, library access and even the federally protected right to schooling. They say that would inevitably lead to racial discrimination.

Police Chief Charlie Deane also spoke out strongly against the measure, saying it would diminish cooperation with law enforcement and lead to increased crime among young people.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/News ... geId=3.1.1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast