Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Love how they're playing the race card, including the media headline: VA county called racist. This is about enforcing the LAW!!

One young woman was featured on the local news as a "citizen of El Salvador" who has lived here for 10 years. She looked about 16 and had what looked like a 5 year old daughter at her side. She was criping that her "rights" were being stamped out.

What rights? They're not U.S. citizens!! She has no right to representation here -- what don't they get about that?? Why does our news media not stress this??

Police Chief Charlie Deane also spoke out strongly against the measure, saying it would diminish cooperation with law enforcement and lead to increased crime among young people.
    Hey Chief Charlie,
    Have you even considered that you could hire a ton of police officers by redirecting all that money being spent on local services provided to illegal aliens?
    Dude you are a…. _______________ (please fill in appropriate term here)

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    Police Chief Charlie Deane also spoke out strongly against the measure, saying it would diminish cooperation with law enforcement and lead to increased crime among young people.
    Hey Chief Charlie,
    Have you even considered that you could hire a ton of police officers by redirecting all that money being spent on local services provided to illegal aliens?
    Dude you are a…. _______________ (please fill in appropriate term here)
    His main concern was the workload it would put on the force.

IT PASSED! Here is the news story .............

Prince William County Officials Approve Immigration Bill
    Bill Requires State Officials To Check Immigration Status

POSTED: 3:37 pm EDT July 10, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:21 pm EDT July 10, 2007

PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, Va. -- The Prince William County board voted Tuesday on whether to adopt tougher measures that would target illegal immigrants.

The proposed measure requires that immigration status be checked before someone could use public services such as schools, libraries and swimming pools. The bill also requires police to check the residency status of anyone suspected of breaking the law. The measure would also force county police to ask about immigration during routine traffic stops.

Authorities said the names of undocumented residents that are gathered would be submitted to immigration officials for possible deportation.

In an 8-0 vote, Prince William County officials voted to approve the measure. Testimony during a hearing just before the vote wrapped up after about three hours, News4's Julie Carey reported.

Wearing red stickers that read, "Help Save Manassas," supporters of the bill argued that illegal immigrants are ruining their way of life.

"These border crashers have contributed to rising crime rates, increasing burdens on our schools, hospitals and public services, and the very destruction of our American culture," said proposal supporter Greg Letieco.

Opponents of the proposal have argued that the bill would promote profiling by authorities based on race and ethnicity.

"The motion is misguided in that it directs political frustration and denaturant leadership and focuses on the vulnerable -- women and children. It is harsh and hurtful for those who are unable to speak for themselves in a public forum without fear," said proposal opponent Rev. Bob Menard.

John Stirrup, a member of the Prince William County Board of Supervisors, said he authored the immigration resolution because about 20 percent of the county's population is foreign born.

A majority of board members have said they support the resolution but agreed that changes could still be made to the bill such as denying medical services to illegal immigrants.

Officials said the measure may face some legal obstacles in terms of schools checking residency status because courts have upheld the right of undocumented immigrants to a public education.

Officials said the measure could fuel a nationwide debate over illegal immigration.
    ---------------
    Further UPDATES HERE:
    http://www.nbc4.com/politics/13656072/detail.html

I am so tired of hearing how we tax paying citizens are infringing on the "rights" of these poor put-upon illegals!!!!! I am also tired of hearing how without them we would as a nation come to a screeching halt, because apparently only the illegals can harvest produce and work construction.WE became a world super power WITHOUT them.
    The pathetic cries of racism are impotent in their arguement because THEY are the ones who can't seem to comprehend American is a nationality not a race. As best as I can tell the law being past in PWC doesn't apply exclusively hispanics.

I used to get excited about this type of thing. But the ACLU and pro-illegal immigration groups always come in and kill everything. Nothing ever actually happens! Look at Hazelton, PA, and Escondido, CA and all the other cities/counties that have passed legilslation. Has it made any difference? No. Because the ACLU makes sure the legislation is never carried out.

So pardon me if I'm very skeptical about this.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Opponents of the proposal have argued that the bill would promote profiling by authorities based on race and ethnicity.
    Since when does being an illegal alien equate to being a member of a race? Since 70% of illegal aliens are Mexican, I would say that's their own fault for being so predominately members of a criminal group.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A HUGE Thank You to all Alipacers who made calls and sent emails! Let's pray that all goes well.

Unfortunately, americangirl is right. The ACLU is relentless in their anti-American tactics. They should all be tried for treason.

Well, as some have mentioned on other boards, if many counties start doing this in a very rapid manner, you may be able to put up so many fights even the ACLU will run out of funds to counter. One can only hope this starts happening all over the country, soon.

There is something about PWC that I feel is different, however. Just my opinion, but it's very conservative, lots of retired military who are still working inside the beltway, etc. with lots of toughness. I really have to wonder how this will play out exactly.

I am a little tired myself of hearing how much we need them.

Look at what Americans had built before the illegals came here. Then take a look at their country they built!! Then look at the conditions of our schools, our healthcare, our cities, our infrastructure since they came!!!

There is no downside to this. Yes, there will be some pain involved, there is with most treatment of problems when they are ignored too long.

Personally, I think if the cities would just enforce their various traffic laws equally, it would go a long way to fixing this.

If a few of these 'wonderful people' would have those new SUV's and pickups impounded because of non valid DL and no insurance, they would think twice about living in a certain city. They couldn't get them back since they can't get insurance or DL - at least in most states.

These laws are good mostly because they send a message, but there are a whole host of laws in this country and in every city, county and state that could be enforced to help with this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123