Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Argument Against Idiots: We Have To Do SOMETHING

The Argument Against Idiots: We Have To Do SOMETHING
    September 30, 2008 - 12:52 ET

How to win the argument de jour with logic and facts

The issue:

'We Have To Do SOMETHING'

What the liberal whiners say:

'I hope you're happy now! You whined and cried until the whole rescue deal fell apart! Now what, Mr. Oreo Cookies Double Stuff?'

'We don't have TIME! It was supposed to be done by Rosh Hashanah, or we would face economic apocalypse!'

'Bush and his cronies have already lined the pockets of their WAR-MONGERING sidekicks, saw to it that their Big Oil buddies received $100 billion in just the last two years, and now...he won't be happy until he's looted every last penny out of the U.S. Treasury to reward Wall Street, while bankrupting MAIN STREET!'

'Oh PLEASE! I read on Michael Moore's blog yesterday, on the REAL reason for this mess! And it's NOT the subprime mortgage crisis at all! It's HEALTH INSURANCE! That's right! If we had universal health insurance, people would have money to pay their mortgages, and they wouldn't default on their loans!

Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments

1. Well, now maybe we can come up with a plan that doesn't burden GENERATIONS of Americans with an unpayable debt, OR, fundamentally change America?

2. I know, but today is Rosh Hashanah, the sun came up, the earth is still spinning, locusts haven't descended, and now Congress is working on something that might not be UnConstitutional. There were 165 world renown economists, from Universities like M.I.T, Columbia, Stanford and Johns Hopkins that signed a letter BEGGING Congress not to pass that horrendous bill.

3. I certainly have my issues with President Bush, and even though he tried many times to reign in the big financial institutions most responsible for this latest crisis, it was the Clinton Administration, the Democrats-,especially Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and Barack Obama's own economic advisor, Frank Raines who are most responsible for this mess. Check out the New York Times article from September 30th, 1999, and it will fill you in on when the stage was set for this disaster.

4. Wow, it's hard to argue with a genius like Michael Moore. But that's one of the dumbest conclusions ever reached by a SUPPOSEDLY sentient being. You could also throw in big screen TV's, cars, Christmas shopping, Halloween candy, a subscription to GLENNBECK.COM!!!!!...if you can't afford the mortgage...DON'T TAKE OUT THE LOAN!!!!!

Find this article at:
    http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl ... 5829/?ck=1
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

3. I certainly have my issues with President Bush, and even though he tried many times to reign in the big financial institutions most responsible for this latest crisis, it was the Clinton Administration, the Democrats-,especially Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and Barack Obama's own economic advisor, Frank Raines who are most responsible for this mess. Check out the New York Times article from September 30th, 1999, and it will fill you in on when the stage was set for this disaster.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLUbb2DUYGk
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The OPEN-borders lobby have NO common sense but will NEVER admit it!

Here is one: The Dow up almost 500 today. Let the market fix itself.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

MW
    bigtex wrote:

Here is one: The Dow up almost 500 today. Let the market fix itself.
    It didn't take long for the big money investors to swoop in and grab what they considered undervalued stocks. IMO, this could prove that the impending disaster hype from the money managers on Wall Street and the Bush administration was over overexaggerated.

The sky probably isn't falling, Chicken Little.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It didn't take long for the big money investors to swoop in and grab what they considered undervalued stocks.
    I only hope the selloff that got grabbed up was orchestrated.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this whole thing was orchestrated.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I think this whole thing was orchestrated.
    I agree. I just watched the youtube video you posted above too. We can't just simply blame the democrats for this one. I remember Bush talking about 'everyone needs to experience home ownership' years ago. And now he's asking US to pay for this mess.

I think you should start a thread to post the video so everyone here can see it, especially the last part with the map of the foreclosures where the highest populations of illegals live.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    bigtex wrote:

It didn't take long for the big money investors to swoop in and grab what they considered undervalued stocks. IMO, this could prove that the impending disaster hype from the money managers on Wall Street and the Bush administration was over overexaggerated.

The sky probably isn't falling, Chicken Little.
    I think it was way over exaggerated to. Everytime Bush wants to sell us something, he tries to scare us all to death. The war on terror is a good example. Now the economy. Remember up until last Thursday, Bush was telling us over and over that the economy was doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

We can't just simply blame the democrats for this one. I remember Bush talking about 'everyone needs to experience home ownership' years ago. And now he's asking US to pay for this mess
    Exactly! The Democrats and republicans can share equal blame in this mess. While the Clinton administration got this ball rolling, Bush and his administration encouraged it and turned their heads while this country's economy went down the toilet. He watched American jobs get outsourced to India and other countries and did nothing. He stood by and watched illegal flood our borders and take jobs. Still he does nothing to.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

lynne

Thanks, Lynne. Glad you watched it.

I can't take credit for finding it, though. Another poster did and started a thread a few days ago. I'll try to find it.

I'm posting it everywhere I go on the net -