Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona Rancher vs Illegal Alien Criminals

In case you were wondering about the the legal case brought by the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (MALDEF) against Roger Barnett, an Arizona rancher trying to protect his property from illegal alien crossings.

Barnett's legal representation, the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), successfully defended Mr. Barnett's cause. The jury in Tucson rejected nearly all of the substantive claims brought by MALDEF against the Arizona rancher in 2004. Federal district judge John M. Roll also threw out related conspiracy complaints against Mr. Barnett's wife Barbara and his brother Donald, and dismissed the claims brought by ten illegal aliens who did not testify in court.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Great News... Now Deport
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE
    As much as I admire and respect the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) I don't think they won the case. In my estimation the case would have been won if the illegals had been made to pay the rancher 76,000 dollars for emotional distress not the other way around. And then deport the SOB's.

It is obscene that the Racnher was taken to court by these criminal illegals, perhaps, rapists will take their victims to court and sue them for being un-cooperative and/or racist. Absurd!

This case, demonstrates to the American people that our government doesn't give a hoot about us. They won't protect us and/or our familes and favor illegals over us every time.

I am very resentful.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    As much as I admire and respect the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) I don't think they won the case. In my estimation the case would have been won if the illegals had been made to pay the rancher 76,000 dollars for emotional distress not the other way around. And then deport the SOB's.

It is obscene that the Racnher was taken to court by these criminal illegals, perhaps, rapists will take their victims to court and sue them for being un-cooperative and/or racist. Absurd!

This case, demonstrates to the American people that our government doesn't give a hoot about us. They won't protect us and/or our familes and favor illegals over us every time.

I am very resentful.
    I am too! This man and his family should never have had to endure this for protecting his property and the sovereignty of this nation. Those people should have, at the very least, just been dumped in the middle of the stink holes they slimed out of! Just to keep them company, maldef should have been sent with them!

Quote Originally Posted by ELE

I am very resentful.

I have to agree with you. Having to pay a dime and not having these sorry illegals pay all legal expenses is very short of a victory. I have got to wonder what this country is coming to when people are allowed to enter this country illegally, trespass on your property and destroy things, only to take you to court because you did the right thing. Seems our legal system and government works for everyone except Americans.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

That is great news though! The rancher ought to send the bill to Washington and then sue them for not enforcing immigration laws and controlling the borders.

It really never should have went to court on the words of ILLEGALS! DUH!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

This I found today and it called the rancher a vigilante. PLEASE get on and leave some great remarks for these people as I did already. It was short but it was sweet and honest!!!!!!
    [quote]
    Vigilante Rancher Found Liable for Attack on Immigrants
    February 23, 2009 · No Comments

Last week, a vigilante rancher operating along the Arizona-Mexico border was found liable for assaulting and intentionally inflicting emotional distress on a group of immigrants he found on public land.

The Mexican immigrants were found resting in a dry stream bed in Douglas, Arizona when they were accosted by Roger Barnett who was armed with a gun and accompanied by a large dog. Roger Barnett held the group captive at gunpoint, threatening that his dog would attack and that he would shoot anyone who tried to leave. During the encounter, Barnett kicked one woman as she was lying, unarmed, on the ground.

Barnett must now pay $73,352 in damages to the victims.

Our friends at MALDEF (the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund) backed the lawsuit filed by the migrants in this case. “This verdict in favor of the plaintiffs sends a strong message condemning vigilante violence against immigrants,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Pittsburg Tribune-Review Editorial

The state of illegals: A distressing verdict ...
    Saturday, February 21, 2009

A federal appeals court can do what a U.S. District Court jury in Tucson failed to do -- establish a zero tolerance policy for illegals trying to cash in on American justice.

There must be no consolation prize for any of the 16 Mexicans -- or their lawyers -- who sued an Arizona rancher and others for $32 million.

To its credit, the jury on Tuesday ruled that rancher Roger Barnett, owner of a 22,000-acre ranch about five miles north of the Mexican border, did not violate their civil rights when he detained them at gunpoint after they had illegally entered the U.S. in 2004.

And yet the jury still awarded $78,000 in actual and punitive damages for claims of assault and infliction of emotional distress. Even though the plaintiffs were awarded barely a fraction of what they had dreamed of grabbing, Mr. Barnett's lawyer rightly will appeal.

The illegals could have avoided all so-called assault and infliction of emotional distress by not trespassing on Barnett's property as they violated immigration law by sneaking into this country.

Barnett, who claims to have detained about 10,000 illegals in the last 10 years, has had to patrol his ranch constantly because it has been trashed and his water supply damaged by illegals hotfooting it into the U.S.

Lawbreakers cause damages. They aren't entitled to receive damages.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 12716.html

And yet the jury still awarded $78,000 in actual and punitive damages for claims of assault and infliction of emotional distress. Even though the plaintiffs were awarded barely a fraction of what they had dreamed of grabbing, Mr. Barnett's lawyer rightly will appeal.
    What the heck? These people owe this rancher.